I bought a Hacker News and Sup Forums approved Shitpad

I bought a Hacker News and Sup Forums approved Shitpad because obviously the opinions on Hacker News and Sup Forums says any other computer is a piece of shit.

>32 GB Ram for muh facebok browsing
>Shitty keyboards, but HN/g approved!!!
>Shitty keyboards but HN/g approved!
>Shitty screen, but HN/g approved!
>Heavy as fuck, but HN/g approved!
>Shitty webcam but HN/g approved!
>Shit windows OS, installed gentoo but HN/g approved!!

Overall this is a 10/10 on a piece of shit scale but HN/g approved!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13287562
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You bought the wrong one you genius.

but Sup Forums likes thinkpads and you bought a shitpad

well done

>that fucking keyboard

>he bought the one with the chiclet keys and the shitty trackpad

You are sooo square, user.

>edge

whats the difference between a shitpad and a thinkpad? both are shit

S H I T P A D

show me a counterexample

>He bought a T430/newer thinkpad
>He fell for the >8GB RAM meme
>He fell for the lightness meme
>He fell for the Windows meme
>He fell for the webcam meme

The only legit shit you have is the shit screen, the keyboard is subjective but I'd say it's still better than what you get with other newer laptops. A T420 costs like $200, if you absolutely must fall for the lightness meme the T420s is the same price.

T420

I don't want to fall for the thinkpad meme, but if I want a core i series laptop with upgradable ram for cheap, what other options do I have?

You got the wrong one you stupid piece of shit.

>buying a product g recommends
Retard

jesus, this. i'm so fucking terrified of the people out there that actually leave this site to do anything informed by what they read on Sup Forums unless that thing they do is seek psychiatric help

>T420
>Not X220 for muh portability

99% of HN is MBPs.

>Hacker News approved
by whom? this is literally from 3 days ago:
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13287562

this

the faggotry is palpable

he bought the wrong one
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the faggotry is people living in silicon valley thinking they're god's gift to man. it has nothing to do with the brand of laptop they use (and if you're such a technological determinist that you think your arrogance is a dependent variable on your laptop (or, hell, vice versa), then you're either insane or retarded).

>t.ycombinatordrone

>chiclet keys
>Sup Forums approved

>X220
>not X220t for muh anime drawing

did you not see the first sentence? are you illiterate, retard?

Now to make it more feature-complete, Install Windows Embedded POSReady 2009/7

Lenovo chinkpad

go to the battlestation threads, it's full of retards who fall for Sup Forums memes

i hide the battlestation threads and a few others. i believe that there are a lot of losers here who actually value the opinions of people on Sup Forums. those people are sick in the head, but then there are lots of online forums for people with mental disorders.

>mfw fell for the T420 meme, best laptop I've had
>mfw fell for the mechanical keyboard meme, feels better to type on and look much better than my old rubber dome

>6 row keyboard

op and other idiots don't understand the point of the used thinkpad circlejerk, which is our answering the question:

>what is the most functional, upgradeable, repairable, moddable, every-os-compatiable laptop, with the most helpful community, that you can buy for less than $200?

laptops are little bundles of compromise. a lot of people have settled on a t420, or an x201, or whatever, because they decided a used thinkpad has enough of what they need for the price. "screen isn't 4k" or "not thin enough" were compromises worth making

Even if you doubled that price, what would be a better laptop?

>"screen isn't 4k" or "not thin enough" were compromises worth making
Not even compromises, 4k on a 14" screen is just stupid and "muh thinness" is for weak homosexuals who can't even carry a book, I'd take proper cooling and functionality over le thin memes.

The display of T420 is absolutely horrible.

I want a laptop that is cheap and can support my 50 + tab browsing

What is a better option than a memepad?

Yeah, that I can agree on, but the rest is good.

The cumstained chinkpad meme on here is as bad as macfag circlejerking.
If you cared even the tiniest bit about technology, you would already know that the XPS 13 is the best laptop you can currently get right now.

>X approved ~!~!!!@111111
go back to rheddit

the x220 is much better than the x220t.
The x220t has a single hinge, meaning it is a very expensive bobble head when you type on it.

I still get 6 hour battery on my x220 which is enough to last all lecture where I compile something all the time without bringing a power plug.
I usually don't as I don't like the sound of the fan.
The only compromise I do is speed.
I could get a much faster computer, but the new x models is not so fast I want to "upgrade".

new """"""""""""Thinkpads""""""""""""" are a cancer

Gookovo has no shame

>Lenovo
you done goofed

the T60 is considered a god machine but still made by Lenovo

Checkmate, Thinkfag

GB Ram for muh facebok browsing
Why would you get a laptop with 32GB of RAM? I use 4 and it works fine.

>>Shitty keyboards, but HN/g approved!!!
Better than the new MacBook. If you're that upset over it, get a mechanical memeboard, you autist.

>>Shitty screen, but HN/g approved!
Why do you need some 4k OLED shit eating up your battery? The screen is more than good enough for basic web browsing, programming, and word processing.

>>Heavy as fuck, but HN/g approved!
Are you a manlet? Why don't you have a laptop bag?

>>Shitty webcam but HN/g approved!
Nobody wants to see your thigh high striped socks except the homosexual teens on Sup Forums.

>>Shit windows OS, installed gentoo but HN/g approved!!
Install Debian or Void, you cunt.

>The x220t has a single hinge, meaning it is a very expensive bobble head when you type on it.
I don't know how different the x220t hinge is from the x201t hinge, but the hinge is rock solid on my x201t

>buying something based on other's opinion
why

>Less than $200
Shit dude I bought a x220 in great shape last night for less than $100

You know what you'll be using the hardware for, so instead of buying hardware more in line with your use case, you choose to purchase something different because some nerds on a mongolian throat-singing forum said it was a good idea.