/wt/ WATCH THREAD

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

m.hammacher.com/Product/12990
mondaine.com/watches/official-swiss-railways-watch/evo-big/a132-30348-11sbb.html
mondaine.com/watches/official-swiss-railways-watch/classic/a132-30359-16sbb.html
mondaine.com/watches/official-swiss-railways-watch/classic.html
bulangandsons.com/
halioswatches.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Screw you, Chas.

Nice job letting the last one die, fuckos.

it was over the bump limit, someone dropped the ball overnight steinshitter

O hi there

>Steingarbage
>calling anyone a fucko

All hail antenna guy

Post vintage Russian junk!

Love these little Luch watches.

First for vintage style leather straps.

bump

My second penis quartz arrived today.

m.hammacher.com/Product/12990

This is pretty impressive

>HS
I mean, looks like a pretty standard quartz-driven "executive toy" clock, with a slightly larger size and slightly nicer finishing - I would expect this kind of thing to cost $70-80, not $9500.

>Too lazy to take new collection shot.

I will get a bulova accutron spaceview next.
Already offered 350 euro to a private seller.

>58291521
>58291616
>58291937
>58291950

Yeah, that's as much as anyone should pay for a Hirsch strap. It won't feel good and will take forever to break in but it shouldn't disintegrate on you until it does.

wtf's the deal with those symmetric things on his temples?

That's where the Asian prostitutes hook up the jumper cables.

They are his fucking antennas

>Perpetual Motion
>magnetic stepper motor

I'm so triggered. I have no idea how much a JLC Atmos costs but it's infinitely more interesting than this HS bullshit.

Kek at the image of Archie being an electric powered, shitter yelling, sex machine.

Congrats on your new penis quartz user.

This is the one I will be getting next. Sorry for the shitty image.

Very nice m8. Congrats as well.

The Spaceview is a very fun watch, I love mine.

This is gonna be my next cheap watch, a vintage Timex military watch, mechanical obviously. I think these were issued to the military during the vietnam war along with the Hamiltons. Opinions?

What's a good flieger/pilot watch under $250?

I think you're a bit too optimistic about the price. If you go a little higher you can get an Archimede.

I need a new strap for my meme Seiko. I'd like it to be leather and similar to natos so that if one spring bar fails it doesn't go flying against the floor.

Tisell

Soon I Will have the most Well finished shitter ever

> so that if one spring bar fails it doesn't go flying against the floor.
Are people really autistic enough to be afraid of something that unlikely to happen?

what is it ?

That already happened to me once. Army can be a hard place for a watch

Looks finished to me

>This is the timepiece that expresses horologic certainty with mechanical fluidity powered by an epistemic impossibility.

What a piece of shit marketing for a piece of shit product. I had one of those, made of plastic, when I was young fella, and it costed like a hundred dollars. Even gold plated it shouldn't rise above 1-2k max.

The normal reference, like the left one in my collection pic, is worth around 9-10k new, which means that that monstruosity costs about the same.

>the fuck??

Its a movement thats had the Nickel plating removed, in order to refinish the plates and bridges with perlage and striping

That sounds like an interesting project. Are you going to finish it yourself or will you have it done?

you're going to refinish a vostok with perlage and striping?

Do it myself obviously

Its actually a raketa
The movement is gonna go into a copernic though so it wont be as bad.

>white copernic

I decided to maybe get a vintage Seiko instead of a new one while I'm still in Japan. What's a good place to research them and what's good for a budget under 500€? I've been thinking of maybe getting a penis quartz

>Russian pvd

greasy transvestite handjob?

nice one and with original case?

i like that seiko meme. if you want a strap why not make it your self, a kit with tools costs about 50€
Also I made a leather strap with cheapo tools and the results where fine

vintage russian watches...
at the moment for me 3 out 3 with somthing wrong, one runs to fast and its not regulable, the other stops at calendar switch and the last has a screw a bit losoe :S

If you have to ask us, you are definitely not informed enough not to get scammed on some irreparably damaged Frankenstein abomination.

The most important thing in buying vintage watches is RESEARCH so that you can tell for yourself what you should buy and what you should avoid.

>Also I made a leather strap with cheapo tools and the results where fine
hey can you elaborate on this?
did you know what to buy or did you get some pre-made watch strap-making package off amazone or somewhere?

Right, so what are the best resources to do research with? I still have a couple of months here so I have time

My client wore this wristwatch yesterday.
Is it a good watch ?

My client wore this wristwatch yesterday.
Is it a good watch ?

No.

no

My father had an old bag so I just used that leather a cuter and some glue (used wood glue and ended working out well)
then i bought a speacial tool for the holds and thats it

atm i dont have a camera will show you tomorrow

What microbrands aren't dogshit?

Male or female, your client is a bitch.

Richard Mille

Newest get:

I'm in Hong Kong and Tudor is advertised everywhere.

Around every corner there's a giant TUDOR add.

My go-to pocket watch.

>pocket watch
But doesn't smart phone have better functionality ?
I don't want to bring pocket watch and smart phone at the same time in my pocket.

Any one ordered from a yahoo.jp auction? How does this buyee business work?

What's the general opinion on Mondaine?

One of you posted webm of it recently and aesthetically it seemed quite nice.

I like the look and the 2 second thing.

Steinhart

hey user, thanks for your reply
i'd like to see the strap you made

He said aren't.

u mad?

hes said not shit

dogshit or not, I don't think they're really a "microbrand"

What is the consensus on Junghans?

Looking at the 34mm Max Bill Hand Wind.

In that price range there are not enough classically sized watches which you can buy brand new as opposed to vintage.

>microbrand
macrobrand? obesebrand?

T H I C C

T H I C C

you compensating for something there

Yikes.

wrist fedoras

>I WANT TO TAKE OVER THE ASIAN AND ARAB MARKET

Steinhart ceo probably

Looks like they make one with at automatic movt and sapphire crystal. I could rock that.

It's automatic, o'right but
>Crystal/Glass material
>Hardened Mineral
From their website

>Forgot link
mondaine.com/watches/official-swiss-railways-watch/evo-big/a132-30348-11sbb.html

This is the one I was looking at:

mondaine.com/watches/official-swiss-railways-watch/classic/a132-30359-16sbb.html

that ETA 2824 movement

stop2go seems like a cool little novelty but they're still >$500 and I've read of too many problems with the movement. The autos are in that same price range and also seem to be a really poor value. If I had to get one, I'd go with one of these: mondaine.com/watches/official-swiss-railways-watch/classic.html but then we're talking about something that's just too similar to the DW watches in too many ways for comfort.

That one looks like shit. The small lugs fuck up the design.

that's a nice strap, sadly i have fuck huege wrists (fat but not obese) and I need something thats like 11in (the strap, not buckle to tip)

so what is it?

not my cup of tea, but here's their link:

bulangandsons.com/

ty senpai, $100+ for a watch is a bit much for me right now

strap*

>fat but not obese

>Have a fine scotch before I go to bed.
>Haven't worn my watch in a while.
>Decide to wind and set my watch before I go to sleep so it's ready in the morning.
>Set the date, it doesn't snap into place like I'm used to...
>Oh shit I forgot it's between 2200h and midnight and I am not supposed to set the date.
>Change time to midnight, date still doesn't change.
>Sweating bullets.
Date changed fine after I forwarded another 24h. Hopefully I didn't do any permanent damage...

Don't drink and set your watch guys!

>I'd like it to be leather and similar to natos
So, a leather nato?

I always move the hands first before doing date to see where I'm at. Especially if I haven't worn that particular watch in a few days

Autodromo
Zelos
Aevig
Helms seems alright too
Lew and Huey

That's a good-looking watch. I'm surprised that it has a dive bezel though; a 1-12 bezel for the hours would make more sense since it doesn't have an hour subdial, and it's a racing style.

I just like the stop2go. Since they're copying the style of the railway clocks, copying the (interesting) functionality they have makes sense.

It's one of those cases where I'd get the quartz version over the mechanical. It's a quartz with a very idiosyncratic feature, compared to an off the shelf boring-ass ETA.

i just took mine apart today and tossed it out after having it for maybe 3-4 years. I had the cheapest quartz model though.

the stop2go movement is really nice but that's about it, there are other watches i'd rather spend good money these days

someone posted this in the /fa/ thread. anyone have more information about it??

Seiko dive watches.

Just go on amazon and type speidel
leather nato

I'd get it in brown I've heard it suits it very well

How are you finding it

Nomos

This baby is arrived today.
Maybe I need a few days before I'm used to this watch, but for me leather strap feels better than resin strap.

I think I'll buy another analog watch for my collection.

I know I'm gonna get shit for these but I just really liked the looks.

Got an SKX009 in the mail, and probably gonna pick up an orient Bambino and orient sun & moon shortly.

Any thoughts on what else would round out my collection? Perhaps a solid chronograph recommendation?

Nomos isn't a fucking microbrand.

halioswatches.com