>finally get it charging
>20-100%
>5 hours and 10 minutes remaining
>t-thanks

Don't be an ungrateful little shit.

You're a little shit OP.

what's wrong with you?
I hope this is bait

It didn't even come with a fastcharge cable. Why would I use it over my cable?

And this is why i only give and receive cash, try reselling it or something.

it doesnt even take that long you retard.

I have one for my note5, takes ~3 hours with the normal wireless charger and like 90 minutes with the fast wireless charger.

samsung qi charging is far ahead any other implementation
stop being so ungrateful, would you have preferred some coal

You act like a spoiled little faggot and don't even have an iPhone lol.

Better get used to disappointment in your life poorfag. Nothing good will ever happen to you.

Then why would you ever use wireless charging?

Don't mind these faggots, I feel ya OP, Qi is garbage, Samsung is even more garbage

There is a convenience to getting home after a long day and just plopping your phone down on the table and not worrying about it. It's not something that everyone would use, but it has its place on the market

Except if you don't drop your phone in exactly the right position it won't charge

>Don't be an ungrateful little shit.
this

Because i can just have a wireless charger sitting on my desk at work, my bedside table, and my desk at home.

Then I just place my phone down on it when I sit down or go to bed, constantly charging my phone without ever putting any stress on the USB port.

>yes good goy don't use wired headphones it's 2017 after all
>new phones no longer have auxiliary ports

>yes good goy it's 2017 use wireless charging isn't that AMAZUNG
>new phones no longer have wired charging docks only wireless

Are you people retarded, look at the writing on the wall.

A bag of charcoal would be great. Could cook some nice steaks with that, vs a random piece of chinese kipple which solves a non-problem.

You are what's wrong with this generation, entitled prick.

enjoy your cancer

I hope you didn't actually react that way....

Just say thank you, and then sell it a few months later or something... It's the thought that counts...

I don't see the USB/Lightning port being taken off phones for one important reason.
Diagnostics.
If you take your phone in to get serviced for some reason they will plug into that port and run their software on it. Without it they would have to open the device up to get at any diagnostic headers and that would be completely inconvenient.

So that port will stay. Wireless charging is good though. I should invest in it myself.

does it really take that long to qi charge a phone? quickcharge 3.0 is better?

>You are what's wrong with this generation, entitled prick.
also this.

Charge your phone at night, longer charging is less harmful for your battery. If your phone doesn't last a day then it's garbage.

ITT: Normies who buy shit gifts and expect people to bow down with gratitude

Get the FUCK out

you'd have to be a retard to not get it to land correctly, I have one

>not wanting a snap-on wireless cover when your battery gets low

Ungrateful twat detected.

Also, I'm pretty sure he could have returned it and got something else instead.

I saved a piece of shit just for you, user. Don't be ungrateful, it's a gift!

DANGIT BOBBY TASTE THE MEAT NOT THE HEAT

attention-loving, energy-sapping normie detected.
man tries to embrace holiday spirit by interacting with family, normie shits all over the joy by whining about "entitlement" and "ungratefulness" because he bought a shitty gift. didn't buy it to be nice, bought it to look like a good person. many such cases!

You're supposed to plug your phone in the wall charger THEN set it on top of the wireless charger. The charging pad is supplemental. It's not supposed to be a stand alone charging solution.

I never got these, plugging in a charger takes 3 seconds maximum, if you leave it lying out in the same position as one of these

Ports and plugs are rated for a limited number of plug/unplug cycles as it causes wear on the contacts and there's also the fact that while the cable is plugged into the phone it is susceptible to breakage if the device is knocked or dropped, which could even damage the port if unlucky.

Having the ability to just place your phone and have it charge is both more convenient and risk mitigation.

On that note, anyone have experience with third party Qi receiver pads for phones? Sourcing the official for my phone in this country looks expensive. There are some really cheap ones on aliexpress of course, but I don't know how well they work in comparison or if they lack protection mechanisms.
I am fully skeptical of the chargers on aliexpress though.

LOL.

Just do the apple thing and throw out the whole phone when that happens.
You pay a premium for getting new phones every time one breaks under warranty. Problem solved, no need for diagnostics

Being an entitled little shithead is exactly what the kikes want. Thanks for helping in destroying western civilization, nigger.

How far have we come, guys?
Not taking the time to PLUG a cabe, +3 seconds, that results in a way longer time to charge.

Where do you work at that you come home that tired? Construction or something?

>that results in a way longer time to charge
When you need to quick charge, then quick charge.
When you don't need to (like when you are at home, over night, etc) then just put it on the wireless.
Slower charging is better for the life of the battery anyway.

I also have one. You get used to where the phone needs to be on it to charge, and it charges overnight. If you need it charged faster, just use the cable the phone came with ffs.

I have a solar powered watch. When I'm not wearing it, I have it rested by a lamp. I think I'm nearing a decade with it just always working with minimal effort.

How lazy do you have to be to not plug in your watch to charge it every day?
It only takes like 3 seconds.

>5 hours and 10 minutes remaining

so its perfect for nighttime charging?

>I have it rested by a lamp.

>tfw got a really nice multimeter for Kwanzaa

Well, I originally rested it in a spot that did not receive any direct lighting, and it would occasionally die as it was not worn frequently enough for natural light to power it, as I am a bit of a homebody. I started placing it near a lamp that is on often enough, and the watch has never been without charge since, with zero effort on my part other than the choice of rested placement. Previous watches required a battery swap every now and then, and a mechanical watch alternative selection would have suffered the same disuse problem without a specialized device to rock the watch back and forth. In essence I am making use of photons I would have thrown away anyways, with a light being on, to make my life a tiny bit more effortless through their capture into my watch has been placed to receive them.

Citizen eco-drive was the line, if I have interested anyone in them.

>isn't that cool user!
no parent would outright say that unless you looked displeased. Appreciate that they got you a gift (a shitty consumerist one) you brat.

>Set phone on nightstand to charge overnight
>Alarm goes off at stupid o'clock in the morning
>Groggily reach over and fumble with the cable because any remotely aesthetic cable routing will not allow the phone to be held from the bed
OR
>Set phone on nightstand to charge overnight
>Alarm goes off at stupid o'clock in the morning
>Grab phone off the charger and it lifts away cleanly so you can turn off/snooze your alarm and get on with it

Take it back and get the fast charge version, the white one.

the plug is supposed to be the weakest part in theory tho. And you get like 10k inserts. I've never broken any of em desu

you're everything wrong with the world. my only consolation is that you may starve to death when mommy either finally abandons you or dies.

Hey at least you can use your wireless charger. I thought my phone supported it and it turns out only the AT&T version does. Can't even use my USB wireless charger adapter because it doesn't have a removable battery.

>no exterior ports in phone
>IP69K

Which phone?

>present
>gift
NORMALFAGS

GO AWAY

REEEEEEEEEEEE

I haven't used your mums 10k inserts yet either.

Supposing you plug your phone once every night for charging that over 27 years lifetime on that thing.
You don't even need to plug it to transfer files as most phones come with wifi file transfer by default nowadays

>IP69K
Lets be honest, it would be a IP54 at best for most companies, and the thing would still shit itself afte 2 years.

BlackBerry Passport

What is the range on this "wireless" charging? Can I start the charge and put the phone back in my pocket or do I have to let it sit on this device through the whole event?

>while the cable is plugged into the phone it is susceptible to breakage if the device is knocked or dropped, which could even damage the port if unlucky.
>could even damage the port if unlucky
This is why I stopped using my nokia e71; charging port died.

It has to sit right on top of it at a very specific angle
"Wireless charging" is as much of a meme as hoverboards were

Sucks. I'd legit buy one of those chargers if I could pocket my phone while it charged. Even if the range was like 25ft. Would be p sweet and sheeit.

>Sucks. I'd legit buy one of those chargers if I could pocket my phone while it charged. Even if the range was like 25ft. Would be p sweet and sheeit.
>25ft
Nigger it would fuck up every bit of electronics within that range are you retarded? You do not want this.

What this guy said It's a shitty gimmick

I'm replacing my HTC One M8 for the same reason. I can't be arsed to pay for a full replacement, and after a year of struggling with a port that only slow charges, I finally decided to get the S7.

You only use it during the night. It will change your life and save you 365.25 mating cycles a year.

This is actually a decent troll. I can see some faggots falling for this massive bait.

hoverboards have existed out of the movie back to the future. What are you even on about.

* haven't

I have a long ass cable that reaches everywhere on my bed, I routinely use it to find my phone in the dark. Just plop my hands around until I find the cable, and follow the cable until I get my phone.
>inb4 muh lights
Im not turning on 4x 100 watts of 5000k led at 3 AM just to check the time, thats stupid AND painful.

Yeah, if my family managed to buy an accessory for an electronic that I own, I would be impressed

>tfw mom gave me bloey joeys for christmas

Still don't see the point or want it. Honestly.

Now, tell me I can put something like this on the coffeetable and lie on the couch and play with my phone and it charges while I'm using it and you got my attention. Tell me I can install some magic lightbulb or similar in the ceiling and it charges all devices in the room and you got my attention. If it's like WIFI but charges then I want it.

If I have to go place my phone exactly above some small thing like that then I might as well spend the extra 2 seconds plugging it in and with a cable I'm actually able to use it while charging.

We can do that for a long time but it's very inefficient and causes cancer

the power required for wireless power transmission goes up exponential as you increase the distance from the charging circuit.

It's possible to blast power at your phone from a hundred miles away, but you'd basically need a nuclear reactor just for one device.

you spoiled brat, stop complaining about free shit!
you don't deserve your parents love you ungrateful spoiled little shit

>consumerism is love

It's a fucking gift aka free shit you autist, if you don't like it leave it and fuck off but don't complain about it.
Beside a wireless charger is pretty cool if you consider you mostly charge your phone over night so why do you care if it takes one hour longer? I would totally use it if my phone support it,right now it's only reason I use the usp cable, since I do all data transfer is over network with apps like airdroid, etc.

It's a gift. You're a fucking ungrateful piece of shit.

should've gotten this one instead

"""""gift"""""
>implying they don't expect something in return

I got a Shield K1 tablet with controller. Pointless but really neat.