Sup Forums loves Linux

>Sup Forums loves Linux
>they hate Nvidia and Intel
>Intel and Nvidia support Linux better than AMD
>Sup Forums constantly shills AMD

Why?

>>Sup Forums constantly shills AMD

Hard to tell who are the biggest shills anymore phám.

Sup Forums is mostly a testing ground for shill bots that will eventually be used on reddit anyway.

>nvidia and Intel support Linux better
No they don't. Linux supports nvidia and Intel better because it's more prevalent so users have a vested interest in making their shit work.

The disdain for nvidia and Intel here isn't because of Linux.

>No they don't
>explains why they do

Are you alright user?

AMD's open source drivers are pretty good desu desu

Although if you're a vidya homo you'll probably want winders

>Sup Forums is one person

I wouldn't say that Sup Forums hates Intel, although the Sup Forumsermin on Sup Forums are constantly bickering about graphics card brands. Intel has the best Linux support by far as they actually contribute to the Linux kernel. Nvidia doesn't give a shit about Linux besides providing support for their workstation cards. AMD actually has some pretty good open source drivers on Linux, and their newest linux driver (amdgpu) is open source. Sup Forums shills for AMD because they support open source and because they have much better prices and don't try to jew the consumer.

The overall best linux support is an intel processor with integrated graphics and no dedicated GPU.

If that's the case then why is the 1060 and 480 the same price? :)

trips of truth confirmed it sorry AMDrones

I have 0 problems with AMD GPU on Linux, while every Nvidia user rants about screen tearing, missing drivers, shitty display etc. I've never even seen what screen tearing is and everything works great.

He is not even lying though. Its the only setup that just works with no screen tearing or extra config.

I installed Fedora on my late 2011 17 inch macbook pro and it has both a AMD and Intel GPU. In the end I just disabled the AMD gpu by sending commands to the multiplexer at boot instead of even bothering to figure it out. Its just not worth the hassle to use AMD

??? My 1060 just straight doesn't work in linux

This is very true, with my thinkpad p70, it's better to not use the DGPU under linux.

>he thinks linux users are a majority on Sup Forums
I have some bad news for you...
Also, I have Nvidia+Intel.

you need to install closed source nvidia drivers

No!

yea you do nouveau dosen't work just get the latest nvidia drivers for your distro

>Sup Forums constantly shills AMD
Lurk moar, Sup Forumstard.

nouveau does work though

Nvidia is even one of the biggest contributors to nouveau

Times are changing

Nividia supporting Linux != Linux supporting Nvidia

All the relevant people on Sup Forums use linux.
Neo-Sup Forums newfags like yourself like to believe otherwise.

nouveau only supports old-ass cards. Also it doesn't support Vulkan which is the one big thing right now.

Majority and relevant mean the same thing now?

Neo-Sup Forums are basically idiot Sup Forumsfags, with a few exceptions.

They're the same poojeets who shill for botnet 10.

I'm well aware. I'm just sitting here waiting for the board to finally be nuked.
All the good "generals" were banned long ago and now we are left with recurring smartphone/browser/windows/battlestation/graphics card degeneracy.

Is there any way to make Sup Forums fuck off and stop shitspamming about video cards altogether?

>nouveau only supports old-ass cards.
I use it with my 1060. It works just fine.

>Also it doesn't support Vulkan which is the one big thing right now.
Obviously, but if you're going to do that (or CUDA) you need proprietary drivers and toolkit.

>good
>general
kill yourself

You have it all backwards.

Thats the thing. They weren't actually generals in the way we see them now. It would just be a thread that would appear once a week like the loli thread. Now they are just a place to circle jerk.

Generals are pretty shit in general.

>All the good "generals" were banned long ago
kek
Desktop threads were a fucking cancer. Just some posers always posting the exact same pics.
/fglt/, /dpt/ and /cyb/ are perfectly fine. /hpg/ is good too (I'm not into that autism but analog audio is objectively superior and /hpg/ is quite knowledgeable about it).

>desktop threads
>banned long ago.
there is one up right now.

me in the box

People are poor

I usually see a lot of hate for AMD here. Mainly because this place is polluted by delusional teenagers who are brainwashed by the youtube shills.

>>Sup Forums constantly shills AMD
>Why?
Obvious shill thread.

just came here to tell everyone that i will be saving that incredibly adorable drawing

nvidia linux drivers are cool

>Linux supports Nvidia
linus_torvalds_shouting_nvidia_fuck_you.avi

The NVIDIA driver constantly bugs out, crashes my X server, or even crashes my kernel. I've verified this by checking my xorg logs and kernel logs. I'm fed up with it.

If it makes you feel any better, it does that on Windows too.

I doubt much has changed since a half decade

but last I checked, NVIDIA made proprietary drivers that actually work and AMD made some nice contributions to the open-source driver variants of their shit

open-source NVIDIA and proprietary AMD were both just shit

there are more reasons to like a company than their linux support

>Relevant people on Sup Forums

Ha... Ha ha... Ha hah hahahah hahahaH AHAHAH.

>1060 = 480
You're wrong faggot

It still mind blows me that this supposedly smart and educated board boils down to brand wars where few fat retarded neets scream at each other because their brand of choice is better or more "consumerist".

If you never bought AMD or Nvidia just because they're AMD or Nvidia you truly are a fucking Sup Forumsermin and cancer of this board.

>Same price
>Same performance

You don't even have to answer, I know you honestly believe that AMD is simply losing because of muh brand recognition. Not because AMD needs 2 years to optimize their drivers or the fact that the AMD card in my picture will run 20 degrees hotter or 20 Db louder than the Nvidia counterpart, depending on what you're willing to sacrifice.

Intel has binary blobs
nvidia has only got good proprietary drivers

480 is even more expensive than 1060 in Europe
>ayyyymdfags will defend this