Any Linux gaymers here? What games you guys have managed to run at full fps...

Any Linux gaymers here? What games you guys have managed to run at full fps? League of Legends used to work but Beta client fucked things up again.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=482663
store.steampowered.com/app/286690/
wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Building_EDuke32_on_Linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I got Skyrim working with a-okay, really pleased considering it took no time at all to set up

Tux Racer

OpenMW works pretty good

only games which respect my freedoms
there's a couple but I don't play them often enough to call myself a "gamer"

Isnt steam on linux?
If it doesnt play all the games then what purpose is it

Full FPS? I don't have a Windows machine to compare to if that's your metric.

I play a lot of
Minecraft
Terraria
Starbound

and they run fine

Steam now runs native on Linux. There is a growing library of games that work. It is not like the wine emulation previously.

WoW

Well everyone has a different hardware mix. In general if the game is playable with no glitches or graphic problems, it is fine.

WoW runs flawlessly in WINE.

Steam is just a DRM/Social Networking/Front-end program for all the games. The games still have to each individually be able to support your operating system. A lot of Steam games are ported, but I think still under half work on GNU/Linux.

Project Zomboid, Eternal Lands, Auteria, Planeshift

Warcraft 3 & EVE Online back in the day.

Spring RTS.

It can't play *all* the games (Windows binaries are different from Linux ones), but it can play all the games that were published for Linux.

Ah, okay. Yeah, most of my games that I actually play run fine, but I don't play that many.

thx

It actually runs fine on Linux and has done so for many years.

Just finished Black Mesa. Playing Tomb Raider 2013 and Serious Sam 3 right now. Play 1.6 and TF2 regularly

Steam doesn't play any games, it's a storefront. But it also has I think over 12k games last I checked a few months ago, and it was over 20% that had Linux support. I think it was over 30%, but I know it was at least 20%. 43 of the top 100 selling games in 2016 supported Linux, only 48 supported MacOS, despite Steam having official MacOS support for years earlier than Linux support.

It's never been worth bothering with Linux support before, people have only recently started pulling heads out of asses and making Linux newbie friendly enough to bother with, and everyone has finally learned to read the writing on the wall that both other popular OS options are only getting worse, and Linux is only getting better, even if it does have plenty of room to improve. Now, a bunch of make engine support Linux as well.

>It actually runs fine on Linux and has done so for many years.

Does Classic WoW run fine on WINE?

Please let me know, bros.

I have League of Legends and also Runescape NXT both from AUR running on my POS gtx 520mx :)

Solitare

Beta client is working for you? It stalled during the download phase on Ubuntu.

There've been a few people that have been able to run Doom in Wine on both OpenGL and Vulkan on Nightmare settings 1080P on a GTX 1070.

That's great. I have an Intel GPU, it seems to work very well on Linux. No issue with drivers or graphics.

thx

Dota 2 now supports OpenGL and Vulkan, get them as free DLC.

>he doesn't just chain a Windows PC to his router so he can stream actual games via moonlight or steam to everything in the house.

Witcher III on the Vita sure was cool.

PSA: In 2016, 1,018 games were released on Steam with Linux support

Also see:
/r/linux_gaming for actual news and discussion

No. I can't fucking connect to anything.

>full fps
What did he mean by this ?

English is not my native language, I mean if the games run properly without lag and crashing.

It's not my native language either, you worthless sack of shit. Not an excuse.

Probably that if you managed to get a game to run at ~60+FPS.

both beta and classic client works, and if u didnt know u can choose to stay in classic client if u want
another thing: if using playonlinux, change wine version to 1.9.23 staging and enable i dont remember which staging option in order to not get a crash in launching it

>full fps
that doesn't mean anything

Yeah I did that, 1.9.23 with CSMT and EaX support enabled. Problem is the patcher downloads the first 2gb batch of files then it stops. You click play button, nothing happens.

ran EVE for a while until they no longer covered linux,main reason i bought a windowz gaymer pee cee

I mostly just play Dota 2 nowadays since the GPU in my desktop is dead and I can't play demanding AAA games anymore.
For the games that my laptop can handle, they run just fine (if not better than on windows).

The community Linux launcher works just fine

forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=482663

Fact is most of the games being released today are shit. They are demanding on the hardware to show off eye candy and graphics. They lack depth, gameplay and any attachment like the old games which you would play over and over again.

I still play Diablo II after 12 years but I don't remember the games I played last week. I find it more entertaining to watch Jewtube videos on my tablet in the bed.

i only play war thunder

>we couldn't make the games beautiful so we had to make them good

Special Edition? No way...

For the technology of that time, Blizzard made beautiful games with amazing cut scenes. But they did not compromise on gameplay and mechanics.

got both metro 2033 games for $6
store.steampowered.com/app/286690/

looking forward to this

warsow, xonotic, openarena, quake3
quake live worked nice when it was browser game but steam client sucks, it runs with ok fps but not sure if it's wine, the server implementation or what but there feels to be jittering.

I like a couple of strategy games.

Civ games
CKII/EUIV
FM2017

All work well on my Linux slash Intel machine.

Yes it does. I play on the Elysium Private Server without a problem.

WoW, Quantum Break, Hearthstone, Starcraft.
And of course all the games that exist native for linux like Path of Exile or Terraria.

Yes, they work fine. I'm on manjaro tho.

nethack masterrace reporting in

get to work, plebs

The only games I play a lot of are CS:GO and Insurgency.

I've been playing most of Steam's most popular Linux games in 2016. All worked perfectly without any issues and maxed out in settings.

I tried some Windows games in Wine through PlayOnLinux, without configuring much. Even No Man's Sky worked flawlessly for me on launch.

Apart from the Witcher 3 and the Dark Souls games I didn't boot Windows all year. I must say I'm impressed so far.

stardew valley and pacman 256 - the only games I really played on windows

I play Torchlight II on my T430 (HD4000) and i never feel it drop, although I am not sure whether it hold 60 in huge battles. I play many games on my desktop HD6970 with radeonsi. The performance is shit compared to nvidia, but it is the best driver for my card there is. I play payday 2 (40-50fps) and other crap. Some work well, some do not. Interesting is that Guilwars 2 in wine with nine patches runs maybe 2fps less that a native windows version on the same machine. WvW in GW2is still unplayable, but that was is the case on windows too.

>willing to use windoze even in vm

NO TUX, NO BUX

eduke32 is essential

those guys roasted GNU/Linux pretty good on their page

OK, so I installed TF2 yesterday, and whenever I play, my entire PC will inevitably freeze and I'll have to reboot, ususally within 10 minutes of starting a game.

Running Arch linux and AMDGPU-Pro, anyone got any tips?

I used to do this as a hobby thing but now that I have a job its easier to give in the Microshit Botnet and dual boot.

Capitalism is destroying me slowly

why is Gaben such a pure hearted god?
If Stallman and Gaben fused into one being. The world would be a much better place.

Day of Infamy

>why is Gaben such a pure hearted god?

>Yes it does. I play on the Elysium Private Server without a problem.

I want to play new nost kek

Is there any tricks to it or did you just run in wine?

Well said anons. These days I only play indies. They have nice gameplay and they try to innovate in many ways (except for all the fuking 8-bit graphics clones that come out these days). The AAA industry is dead, they only focus on the graphics and no new ip's are made since a long time.

unredirect full screen windows from your compositor. not sure what DE are you using.

also run it in window mode first to see what is causing the freeze.

>The AAA industry is dead, they only focus on the graphics

I am using Intel HD 4000, getting same performance as Windows on 1366x768 with vsync enabled. Other settings are max.

Using i3, with no compositor. I'll check what happens if it isn't run in fullscreen. Is there a way to have the log outputted to a file or the terminal?

Why is a C-type language in a text editor a roast?
Because actual programmers use GNU/Linux?

Nah, just ran in windowed, still crashed.

it's actually just a link to the source code, not a Linux download. you have to build it yourself in linux

i would ignore that page and follow these instructions

wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Building_EDuke32_on_Linux

u do have to have duke3d already. it does work with the GOG duke3d.sh which is easy to acquire

I have an phenom II and a 5770. I want to play WoW classic in wine.

Will it run properly?