I used this until 2010, ask me anything

I used this until 2010, ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why did you post this thread and why should we give a fuck?

Because I wanted to. What else are people talking about on Sup Forums? Chinese bootleg cellphones, battlestations, and arguing about botnets.

why did not upgrade early?

I was very poor and so was my family. We got the computer from my grandmother. Thankfully it was a very powerful pc for the era it was made so it carried me pretty well

Why did you stop?

I used this until 2008, welcome to the club OP...

When did it stop getting updates?

I personally used Win 2k instead of XP and then went straight to Win 7.
Can't remember the year I left 2k behind, but it was a great OS.
I really enjoyed using it and it ran games faster than XP did.

Officially i think it was like 2004 or something. But the cool thing about 2000 was that it was all NT and IA32 so practically all XP software worked on 2000 without an issue.
Critical hardware failure.
Fucking madman haha

Hardware?

The power supply failed and took everything with it except the Hard Disks.
I nearly cried. I'm actually quite nostalgic for Windows 2000.

i came here to ask this.
time to upgrade then. pic related. it's my bitch

I used this until 2016

turbo kys

Nothing to be proud of.
Even using Windows Server 2008 is a pain, because of how much Vista there is in it.

>retard detected

Do you have fumos?

Sp2 and 7 are pretty much the same and now that I have a proper direct x 11 install for it I could go back and it would make no difference.

It would, a lot of software doesn't work on Vista any more.

How do we fix the lax immigration policies?
What will it take for the masses to become redpilled?

Why is your grandmother more successful then your pos family? That includes you.

>tfw I used fucking Windows ME until 2005 or 6
>and my uncle is still using Vista

does sparky still use ME?

But Server 2008 is mostly Win 7, user..

Meh, i dunno.
Maybe the solution is to turn into a Mexican.
My family used drugs. They're better now. I'm working on getting into a good career.
How is that? I'm genuinely curious.

I use drugs? I'm more successful than your whole extended family!

Not everyone is so good at self control.

Did you played any games on it?

You must be an incredible person. Can I meet you one day? Want to exchange contact information?!

I just love Windows 2000.

I'm not too bent up about what he said, although it was certainly incredibly rude.
I tried to get Halo to run on it but the video card was a horrible SiS chip and it was pretty much unplayable.
Did a lot of early 3D Windows stuff and DOSbox.
Jedi Knight, Doom, I also played Aleph One/Marathon, but OpenGL mode was out of the question (because of that damn SiS chip)

Especially Americans

holy shit user, SiS chip? you really had a piece of shit.

my 1st pc had that shit, thank god i finally got a radeon 7000 pci card. you should have too.

My friend still uses this

Is it better than Windows 10?

Rolipolio

How does it feel to be a normie?

Unfortunately it was pretty common on older workstation PC's.
The one I owned appeared to be an old USF lab PC, but I'm not certain what manufacturer made it. It had enough RAM and a fast enough processor to do YouTube, but only at 360p or lower, and only if I remembered to clear the browser cache and cookies regularly haha
Not for modern day to day, but I bet you could make a mean spreadsheet using the version of Office that came with mine (I can't remember which one it was though)
I don't think many "normies" had 2000 at home, I recall that being geared towards business use more, with ME and 98SE as the home consumer OS until XP exploded onto the market.

>impying anyone on Sup Forums has friends

How does it feel to know your grandmother made the smart choice of picking 2000 over ME?

still use windows XP to this day, and ive used win 98 up until 2011 and still use it for some things

Pride. That's the best choice one could have made.
How was Windows 98 in 2011?
I'm assuming you were only using it for work, such as document creation

>How was Windows 98 in 2011?
good. it wasnt completely dead yet so i could at very least go to certain sites that were important to work

How much ram GBs can support? Thanks

why did you stop?

there is a bunch of guys that hacks shit up and made w2k to work with:
AHCI drivers
net2-4
dx10
new WMP, flash, java
vista compability layer
32GB ram etc

check blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/
this guy is mad

if i could read runes i would go for it

Truthfully, I don't have a clue, that PC was so old, I think I had 256 mb of ram the whole time.
Holy shit Win2k with DX10?

I use this in 2017, ask me anything

Op here, me too.

>df2:jk
>doom

mah nigga

Jedi Knight is super badass, ain't it?

How did you fall for the anti-Win10 propaganda so easily?
Did you vote for Trump too?

Hell yes friend.

I used to be addicted to that fucker.

I was actually thinking of installing it again and doing a little marathon.

Vista SP3 was easier to manage and faster that Windows 7 SP1. I used on a C2D desktop from 2007 till it died recently.

Not him and I fucking hate Trump but personally I uninstalled Windows 10 the same week it came out. Fucking ONEDRIVE of all things was messing up permissions in my entire Users folder.
That's when I NOPE'd.

sounds like user error to me

It's tricky with a lot of video cards for whatever reason, I built a separate low power PC just for Jedi Knight and a few other older games

I still have an old p1 233 mhz with a voodoo card. Just need to dig it out of storage.

I have not tried it with a modern system.

Jedi Outcast would probably be fine though I imagine.

Yeah it is

Hell I used to host JK:Outcast on Mandrake Linux from a windows partition. Gundam server extreme hahaha.

Also do you remember matchmaking in MSN Game ZOne? Custom cogs in DF2:JK omg haxxx?

Fun times..

Gundam server extreme

Yeah. Gundam models with jetpack mod.

Fun as fuck.

That sounds fuckin awesome actually

I used Windows 2000 and Windows 98SE (Dual-boot) until the support of Windows 2000 dropped in July 2010.
Windows 2000 for work and internet.
Windows 98SE for gayming and MSDOS applications.

Hell yes. It was so 2005 it hurts.

That's not a terrible idea, you'd get fantastic compatability both forward and backward.

4 GB for Professional/Server, 8 GB for Advanced Server, 32 GB for Datacenter Server

Actually, I tried windows 10 and it fucking sucks, lots of inconsistency, powerpoint interface made by pajeets, the OS treats the users like some idiots, incompatibility with some programs and gayms, spyware, ads etc. Some things I like about it like the fast updates, fast interface and quick boot, but I went back to the last good windows made.
I'm not american so nope :^)

I switched from Win NT to Win2K in 2003, then ran Win2K until I switched to WinXP in the summer of 2011.

Still on WinXP as my daily Win machine. Have a Win7/debian dual boot system for most of my daily tasks in general. Almost never boot into Win7.

Have been looking into reconfiguring my main system as some light linux distro that hosts VMs of WinXP & Win7 for compatibility needs.

Looking at some of the info in this thread ( ), now putting Win2K on the list for a VM install. Was mad fast on a P III 700 MHz machine with 384 MB DDR RAM. Be interesting to see if I can get it working on an FX8350 running at 4.4 GHz.

Yeah 2k was speedy