OFFICIAL Core i7 7700K REVIEW THREAD

guru3d.com/articles_pages/core_i7_7700k_processor_review_desktop_kaby_lake,1.html

anandtech.com/show/10968/the-intel-core-i7-7700k-91w-review-the-new-stock-performance-champion

techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7-7700K_vs_6700K_Game_Performance/

extremetech.com/extreme/241950-intels-core-i7-7700k-reviewed-kaby-lake-debuts-desktop

tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-kaby-lake-core-i7-7700k-i7-7700-i5-7600k-i5-7600,4870.html

hardocp.com/article/2017/01/03/intel_kaby_lake_core_i77700k_overclocking_preview/

comptoir-hardware.com/articles/cpu-mobo-ram/33187-test-intel-z270-et-core-i5-7600k-i7-7700k.html

pcgameshardware.de/Core-i7-7700K-CPU-264844/Tests/7700K-vs-6700K-1217266/

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/review/31179/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-reviewed
techspot.com/review/1299-intel-core-kaby-lake-desktop/
geizhals.eu/intel-core-i7-7700k-bx80677i77700k-a1551097.html
guru3d.com/articles_pages/core_i7_7700k_processor_review_desktop_kaby_lake,21.html
tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-kaby-lake-core-i7-7700k-i7-7700-i5-7600k-i5-7600,4870-8.html
youtu.be/VLxPjoY6QgE?t=5m51s
rog.asus.com/articles/maximus-motherboards/maximus-ix-series-redefines-the-limits-by-hitting-7383ghz-and-breaking-8-world-records/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

0% IPC

THANK YOU INTEL!

This processor is a tactic made by the jews to counter ZEN all the while reaping insane profits by idiots who buy every single new release and the people who were actively waiting for zen.

How could you forget techreport? It's my primary review site.

Intel: The Apple of the CPU world

when can i buy the new kaby lake chips from newegg/amazon?

i'm about to order parts for my new mini-itx build, and am going with a 6600 now but if the 7600 is the same price or a bit lower obviously i'd take it. i just don't want to wait more than an extra day or two

As opposed to AMD who are the IBM of the CPU world? Face it man, there's no one else making x86 desktop processors, so we have to deal with one of either company's bullshit.

...oups

techspot.com/review/1299-intel-core-kaby-lake-desktop/

I'm on a i3 2100 should I buy this now or will the price drop when zen comes out?

>Supporting Globalist AMD

Feel bad for AMD, one year too late for Zen.

Wait for it

There's no need for rush.

>400€
geizhals.eu/intel-core-i7-7700k-bx80677i77700k-a1551097.html

no, the 7700K is an overcloked 6700K with a better iGPU...

>mfw 4790k is still relevant

Any downsides to using this on a z170?

>better iGPU
literally the only difference is the 4k drm decode shit

who the fuck buys every new release?

for what purpose?

Thanks for the (You)

>better igpu
>guru3d.com/articles_pages/core_i7_7700k_processor_review_desktop_kaby_lake,21.html

~10% difference mainly gained from the stock overclock over 6700K. Aka nothing.

>The 7600k loses to the 6600k many times in a lot of tests

What the actual fuck.

>idiots

l2read senpai. Just you wait for the 7700K flying off the shelves as the 6700K did , even though 0 fucks were given to actual improvents.

>tfw i got one brand new for $200 a couple months back

Don't want to OC just yet

the 5th supposedly

> it's literally worse than the 6700K

lol

Should i sell my 6600k and get a 7600k?

I imagined the benchmarks to be like this. I just upgraded my i5 3570k to an i7 3770k to last another year or two... or 3. Did I do good Sup Forums?

>AMD is dead on arrival
>Kaby Lake is barely an improvement

2017 is already to a bad start

This pretty much . Feels very bad desu.

>implying kabylake won't have the yearly 10% "inflation" intel price hike

Can some fag just tell me if they run cooler than Skylake? Really don't care about anything else.

So kaby lake is an 1151 socket.

Does that mean theyll work in Z170 motherboards?

Go price a 4790k or 4690k or whatever on Newegg, and get back to me on the mystical price drop from Intel msrp I keep hearing about.

yes! it does!

Ryzen hasn't arrived yet arrived. We don't know the upper bounds for clockspeed on ANY of the chips OR what the pricing will be.

You faggots have been shitting on AMD for years, don't act like you're suddenly sad that, in your schizophrenic delusions, Ryzen is "DOA." Shut the fuck up or go shitpost on Reddit.

Whats the catch?

If they work in the old MOBOs there should have been no reason to make the Z270 boards.

If the skylake is same as kabylake, why did they release kabylake?

(((Coincidences)))

>(((

You need an updated UEFI for Kaby Lake to work in Z170, so in most cases, you have to make sure either the board is updated, or that you have access to a Sky Lake chip to update the UEFI.

As for why there are new boards, it's for new features. USB 3.1 gen 2, for example. Get those 10gbps speeds. More m.2 slots, etc. The only reason I upgraded from my 2500k a few months ago was for lack of features like that.

No point in upgrading then.

Thanks for the info, was thinking of bumping my 6600k up to the 7700k.

This must be the smallest performance gain from a new generation of CPU's intel has ever released.

Yes it's a refresh but still they market it as a new generation. This is pathetic

It's Intel being jews again. Can't allow people to upgrade their processors just like that, if they're forced to buy a mobo too Intel will get a cut from that too.

Kaby Lake is just a massive scam, user. New motherboards that don't have any new features and new processors that are same as old ones except factory overclocked.

Yeah, also this. Make sure your z170 has kaby lake support.

This is beyond pathetic.

Sell it for 2 Zen's (that outperform it) in about 2 months.

I was thinking about upgrading my i5-4670K to Kaby Lake, but it seems it would be best waiting for the next generation instead.

>5775c still the best gaming cpu

what went wrong?

USB 3.1 gen 2 and m.2 are nice but not really worth upgrading your entire system for if you're using 2nd gen+ in my opinion.

The differences are nice and noticeable but they really are just luxury tier at this point. That's just my take on it anyway, maybe I'll upgrade my main board cpu and ram in a year or two but seems pointless right now.

Where do you get it so cheap? Jews in my country still sell it for ~400€

I don't think clock-for-clock comparisons are really a good way of looking at Kaby. The whole point is basically Skylake + Extra clockspeeds. Most reviewers are getting easy 5.0ghz on relatively low voltage. Youtube reviewer BitWit got 4.9ghz at 1.139v.

most ppl dont overclock

It's literally a downgrade from 6700k. Wtf went wrong?

lack of competition. that's why everyone should be rooting for amd.

What about temperatures? When will I be able to see actual temperatures on different multipliers?

>k
>don't oc

Normies will get the non K

Well here are some temps on stock clocks, but nothing more about the temps on any of these other sites.
Guess we'll just have to wait for people to get their hands on these things until we know.
Of course it's possible that the temps are so abysmal that no one wanted to really report them.

tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-kaby-lake-core-i7-7700k-i7-7700-i5-7600k-i5-7600,4870-8.html

Nevermind already checked it. CPUs are a fucking joke. I really can't stress enough how fucked up things are. Games back in 2015 were already bottlenecked by my i5 3570k. Witcher 3, Watch Dogs 2, GTA 5 with custom radio - all dropped frames and struggled with stuttering cuz of 99% CPU usage. Because we see no actual gains in IPC there are literally no viable upgrades for somebody like me without going all out and buying i7. I really pray for AMD because it seems like the era of increasing IPC and clock speeds is over. It seems that games finally start using HT and more than 4 cores so if you have an i3 or i5 and look for a budget upgrade there is literally nothing out there. Idc if Zen will be 5% behind Intel in terms of single threaded performance. Those extra 4 cores would still mean 20-30 fps more in newest games. AMD really has a chance here. Please change something.

Intel rereleases their 2015 CPUs in 2017 and they're still better than anything AMD makes, sad!

''there is no reason to buy the i7-6700K unless you can find it used at a significant discount. ''

FUCK INTEL

Hi Donald

>OBAMACARE IS A DISASTER

INTEL

ALWAYS

WINS

BABY

Sounds solid for a few years.

Ditch the cheapest budget solutions, just get the 5820k and call it a day.
No need to worry about not having enough cores in the future.
That one will last you until they start making CPUs out of something else than silicon.

tfw 2500k

My friend is building a new computer soon after ordering the parts from newegg and amazon. He bought a 6600k and Z170 board from amazon but he's gotta wait for the rest of his parts to come from newegg still. Is it worth it for him to return that shit and get 7600k and Z270? Probably not I'd imagine.

And embarrassment.
Jews did this.

What does Z270 even have over Z170?

What the hell is he going to do with the newer and most likely more expensive parts, that are EXACTLY on par with the previous gen?
Only thing that it has going on for itself is the 4k decoder stuff and Optane.

the temps are not great
youtu.be/VLxPjoY6QgE?t=5m51s

That's what I thought. Those things are sold out everywhere as well right now, no sense waiting for the ability to use optane that will be several times the price per gig of regular SSDs and most people won't notice the difference.

wasnt the difference from non k and k skylake something like 500-700mhz difference at base?

That, even if you don't oc is a fairly large number for sub 40$

Besides you can get pretty damn good speeds right now from the NVMe drives.
Here's my 960 EVO vs Optane file transfer they demoed some time ago.
What I think happened was that Optane tured out to be far too costly to produce, so they took their time with it.
Then Samsung got on a massive roll with the speeds and now that Optane is finally coming out, it's nothing groundbreaking and will most likely flop, unless it brings something seriously impressive to the table.

AMD BTFO

AMD FINISHED

CRY SOME MOAR AMD SHILLS

>Tick-Tock
Tock is almost always better

>PAO
Process is the same as Architecture and Optimization

Bravo Intel

Tic TAC tit toe

>Intel finally runs out of steam
AMD save us

so intel finally released a competitor for the 9590?
About time!

This was primarily a fabrication improvement release.

The CPUs are better designed to handle overclocking this release.

Are you retarded?

A 6600k is just a 7600k if you overlock it to the same frequencies.

One must be retarded to buy the more expensive CPU when you can get the same performance for way less money.

They literally cost the same. Intel never lower prices significantly when they release a new generation of CPUs.

Intel releases their next masterpiece
>Maxes out a 212 evo at base clocks
>loses in performance to a chip 2 generations older
>Just an overclocked chip from the previous generation
>Reviews all say to not buy it
>Zen outperforms $1000 chips

>intel fanboys still jizz at it's sight
>"lol, how can ayymd even compete?!?!!??!?!??!?!?"
>"AMD Housefires!"
>"Zen is DOA!!!1!!1!!111"
>"AMD IS DONE! STAY BUTTMAD!!1!!!!111!11!1"

Is this hell? Am I being tortured for something I don't know about?

>I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS.EXE

HAHAHAHAHA

Intel is now the new meme: Intel Housefire!

No, they do not cost the same here.

And if, it means they just increased the price for the 6600K.

The i5-7600K costs around 17% more than the 6600K, and that is with the latter getting more expensive.

It had been once available at 235€ for a longer time.

I wonder will netflix support Zen chips? If not i'm unsubbnig.

haha yes, if this keeps up, in 3 generations they'll also be releasing 5GHz chips.

>Intel specs claim 140w TDP
>overheats on a 212 evo
>212 has a 180w TDP
>mfw

The i5-5675C was the best CPU you can get for your money, if you wanted to upgrade from a significantly older CPU.

>i5-5675C
>not a 6600k or haswell on sale at microcenter with a motherboard

>intel and amd have a shit 2017
>stocks drop to 0
>go belly up
>every new computer in 2018 is a pi based single board
>Netfilx now only supports ARM and gnu+ linux
>What do?

all jokes aside, I feel like a legit cuck. because they are forcing people something they don't need.

rog.asus.com/articles/maximus-motherboards/maximus-ix-series-redefines-the-limits-by-hitting-7383ghz-and-breaking-8-world-records/

>i7 7700K
>7328.3 MHz with all cores enabled
>Ryzen
>5000.0 MHz
>one core enabled
>unstable
>mfw

I'm on a i5 3570 and wanna upgrade because it starts to show its age in some games, especially open world.
best i7 to buy at this point or near future? I reckon the 3770k would be a waste of money, but that would also mean a motherboard change, any recommendations? wait for zen?

>absolute zero
>air cooling
You might be mentally deficient.

well 75% of people don't need a computer with x86 architecture since the most strenuous things they typically use are either their phones or a gaming console.

I'd honestly like to see a wider implementation of these low power single board chips to handle day to day tasks. All these nuc's and compute sticks are really just the first sign that the personal desktop PC is dying as a mainstay of the household. Soon it will just be another old persons hobby like auto modding or model making.

you are right but there will be no standards for such small computers, every manufacturer will spew out a shitload of proprietary devices updated like smartphones today, It's unneccessary, unecological and makes market fragmenet even more

pcs we know are standarized and you can change parts for whatever you like that lies within standard

Not yet.

1 more m.2 port and more pcie lanes I think.

is that a bad thing?

right now the market is stagnant due to having only two competitors and one of them not releasing any improvements for years. so we've had 1% upgrades and even downgrades.

compare that to consoles or phones. the market is full of tons of cheap shit and expensive shit, but they've made actual improvements over time.

as long as we have the standardized ports then we'll be fine, we already have the groundwork's of usb, hdmi, display port, etc.
so now we need actual uses for the performance that these are capable of.

JUST

>mfw 4770k is still relevant

Intel.