Where does Sup Forums work?

Where does Sup Forums work?

I'm an electrical engineering intern at a large medical device company.

Other urls found in this thread:

priceonomics.com/how-to-be-a-lawyer-without-going-to-law-school/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm a NEET.

I sell cakes

I shitpost on Sup Forums

I make $10/hour stocking groceries at Walmart.

Im a flat roofer in Canada (just so no one thinks I'm an illegal mexican immigrant getting paid near slave labour)

Desktop Support (no college) 48.5K/year and extremely good benefits. Midwest. And I fill out datamining threads semi professionally.

Maybe you should lose some weight.

student

malware

the bosses are the only fat ones at my company

That picture is so stupid, no-one forced him to take on those loans. It's called personal fucking responsibility.

i clean chimneys and chimney accessories

Used to work at AAA game companies now work at a movie studio in hollywood

>Where does Sup Forums work?
Costco. It's comfy.

>nobody forced him to take on those loans
What else can he do to follow his dream of professional basket weaving?

>hurr durr work 10 years before starting post-secondary education

assuming he had to pay completely for his tuition, room & board, what is his other option?

Start weaving baskets. Look up youtube videos of other people weaving and emulate them.

Systems analyst at a 16,000 person enterprise.

i agree with this, most jobs can be done after watching a simple youtube video

this

>want to be a lawyer
>look of videos of how on youtube
>dumb judges wont let me practice law because no degree

I'm sensing sarcasm. You're literally better off learning independently at home than attending the vast majority of colleges which are nothing more than glorified daycare camps for adults.

Found the lolbertarian.

>study law at home
>take the bar exam and pass
>???
>be a lawyer
wew lad

There was no Youtube until very recently, kouhai.

I'm an investor. I work at home.

Asa?

Stress engineer for commercial aerospace

Thus. Besides, if you have to take out loans, college probably isn't for you anyway.

Systems Support for Luxottica

You also work at Philips? :D

Too bad that's not legal anywhere lmfao

Post your dads income and the name of the high school you went to. Since privilege is just a conspiracy tyrant word.

It's legal, even in the United States (where it is limited to those who undergo an apprenticeship, eg Reading the Law exemption").

>if you have to take out loans, college probably isn't for you anyway.
Well, good for you having parents that could afford to pay your tuition. I had to work during high school to pay for food.

Just accept that you're at the bottom of the social ladder you fucking scum. No mobility4u.

NEET
not because i want to be but because i have a terrible time getting a job

>I'm sensing sarcasm.
Maybe your autistic because there's not a hint of sarcasm in his post.

Have you tried not being a fucking retard?

Biomolecular engineer at a blue sky medical research lab.
I run simulations on spidersilk embedded into broken bones.

I was at the bottom of the social ladder. Now I make almost as much as both my parents combined. Enough to have my own place, shitpost on Sup Forums, and not eat like a homeless person.

I'm a line cook at a well-reviewed French-Canadian restaurant.

I love the kitchen life.

Always trading food for drinks from the bar. Closing down a shitty night with a beer is always the best feeling.

Being with your homies when its 5 minutes to close and having a 8/10/15 top all walk in at the same fucking time.

The feels when you come in and the guy before hasn't done shit all for prep or even fucking cleaned/refilled/flipped a goddamn thing for you. 911s out the ass and doing everything on the fly just to close and leave it better than the ass fuck who left it for you.

Constantly talking shit to everyone around, head out to the bar after close just to drink and talk more shit.

Industry has my heart and I don't think of doing anything else.

The people I work with are my brothers and sisters. I wouldn't want to go through the weeds with anyone else. Bonded by blood and flame.

me too. i failed for the college trap but got smart and left after two years. zero debt since my parents where paying. even though i had a free ride, i was going for a general history degree. my job prospects? well, very little history positions, but many low skilled, $15 - $17 clerical work. yeah, no thanks. i didn't want to waste my parents money nor did i want a get into debt over that otherwise.

been thinking of going to community for some certs or apply to a few warehouses near by... both the certs i want and the warehouse can land me a similar paying job as above with the fancy bachelors. but, so far, just enjoying being a neet. 27 and been out of school for four years and jobless for a year. retail is horrible and i don't want to go back.

W-What do you do user

The twist is that his parents only made $15000 each per year.

Third worlder here. How does student loan work? Why do you start your lives outside uni with a liability?

Purchase approvals for the IT section in the military.
Close. About $20000. Also, it took my parents a while to realize you can't eat mercedes and parada bags.

You are now aware that:

1) not every good paying job needs college
2) you can start do something like get an associate's degree which is much cheaper
3) bachelor's degrees don't come into effect until mid-late career unless you are some engineer

lmfao bro I make more than 2x as much as your parents combined.

Dude I wouldn't brag about making 40k, that's almost nothing.

Congrats you make 19 dollars an hour.

I'm sorry I wasn't aware you're all engineers making over $80k/year. I'll go back in my hole of poverty and eat ramen again.

Sysadmin at a large eye care company.

>Dude I wouldn't brag about making 40k, that's almost nothing.
Depends where you live. The cost of living isn't retarded everywhere like San Francisco, where yes, 40k is basically slave wages. You could live like a king in other parts of the world on that though.

I don't get it. Why American pay over expensive education?
> you either pay a fortune to enter a big uni like MIT or Harvard, being certain that your salary will overcome your dept in few years
> you either go abroad in a free uni and have a degree for cheaper. You may not have a "free way life ticket" degree from there but neither would you should you stay in a meh over expensive domestic uni.
Why would anyone get 5 digits debt AND a degree that would not ensure this debt would be quickly paid back?

chef

I was making 20 bucks an hour with 1 year of experience with just an AS degree.

Where in America, is 40k a wage that's worth shit after getting a degree and work experience.

Just get your law degree online from the University of American Samoa.

Just accepted a software position at a large defense contractor.

Nice thinking boi. I hope when you need a lawyer, he/she has been educated on YouTube

It's stigma to not have a degree. It's almost mandatory to get one right after high school at this point.
If you're going to say that, I graduated university 6 months ago. I'm just a lowly 2lt. You gave me the impression you landed a job in Microsoft/berkshire hathaway right after graduation and making 90k/year instantly.

It'd probably deal with more pertinent and common information than an actual law degree.

I repeat, I hope you hire a lawyer with a "YouTube degree"

You are just a saying it but I'm reallt fucking sure that you never will pay for a person with that "knowledge".

I can accept u say that u can learn a lot of thing for YouTube but not to be a lawyer or a engineer or architect

Also, I can't argue u need "common information". But only that u can "gain" from YouTube for a job like lawyer

I drive this ultra POS hybrid truck around for 9 hours every day.

QA Analyst for a distributer of industrial materials. Can't fucking wait to get out

Just started a job doing InfoSec stuff for a big company, which has been my dream for a while. It's a real job that I'm actually planning on sticking with for a while if I can.

There's an exam to be qualified for it. If you can't pass the exam, you can't practice law. Anyone who passes, regardless of how they were educated, is fine for me.

Kroger
$8.50 to have back problems all day and night

Please shoot me

Ok, go pass the exam only studying from YouTube. Good luck. I really hope u can pass it

It's been done, faggot. This worship of colleges, this perverse respect for authority, that they haven't earned in the slightest, is exactly how higher education got to be the racket it is.

you can also go to law school, spend hundreds of thousands, and still say "fuck it" to the Bar exam and find other jobs that utilize those skills but don't require you to be a soul-sucking shell of a human being.

there isn't just one way to do things in life. It's not a video game.

You misunderstood me. I really fucking hate when I was to college because I didn't learn shit and like you are saying. I learn much more from Internet for what I want to learn but I'm pretty sure you can't be a lawyer for just searching on YouTube user

Work for an MSP

You keep saying searching on youtube here like that's literally what's recommended, I'm very obviously talking about studying on your own initiative without formal schooling. Which you very obviously can, since people do it. Not many, but some. It's an option if you have the drive.

>priceonomics.com/how-to-be-a-lawyer-without-going-to-law-school/
>A mere 17 succeeded in passing the bar exam and becoming eligible to practice law.

So you can suck a cock.

Jesus christ are you me

AppSec for Ciphertechs a midsize comsec firm in NYC

what company?

i wait tables and bartend

yes you can have some bread
no we don't have flavored teas
yes i know where the bathroom is
no we don't have pina coladas

it's not a bad job for someone with no degree. i make enough to live and i get to fuck my co-workers after we drink our boss' alcohol, so i guess that's a plus

Ive been interning at the police department in the IT division for a year, the commander wants to hire me so hopefully I get put on the payroll in a few weeks.

I work at Burger King.

aw kids these days are so helpless that they can't even choose a degree that's worth a shit

>just do what you love
lmao, no. you do what you have to.

this
do STEM

Any video game developers? I bet it's fun contributing to art.

Canadian computer engineer working for an industrial automation company. I make 80k which I guess is 60k converted to US dollars, but at least university wasn't ridiculously expensive for me.

>no one forced him
>except his parents and his whole culture telling him the only way to be successful is to have a degree.

libertarians are idiots

So, why should we put anyone in prison then? Surely the culture is at fault, right?

Hardware manager at Sears. $23/hr

I make 95k with 4 years of experience and a BS

I'm a manager in an Amazon warehouse.

american universities cost more because they are better

you know this to be true.

I work at foods with holes in front of it's name to pay for books and try to offset the damage of college
p close to committing seppeku tho

You got me wrong. Of course I see the value in a college degree. My point was that if the name of the uni does not insure you to get a job with a salary high enough not to worry about the loan you had to took to pay it, it's a reasonable choice.

However, if you are paying a fortune to get a degree from a uni that will not give you certainty you'll not struggle to repay the loan, why do it?
It's more advantageous to go abroad, get a degree there for cheaper, and then maybe comeback to work.
It's both a cheaper and safer solution.

I make 80k working as a contractor for Google with only an Associates degree.

Canadians pay a lot less in tuition mostly because they all pay more taxes which are used to fund universities.

Software developer

It's okay.

>tfw you got so cucked you start believing the lies you keep telling yourself to ease the soureness.

>Not selling your custom woven baskets for $300 each on etsy

International tax, specifically transfer pricing in a Japan at a big 4 firm. A bit over 50k USD, but it fluctuates with the exchange rate.

Currently a mechanical engineering student. Gonna be a hardware intern at a SV company this summer though

I make $8.65 an hour fueling jet planes at the busiest airport in the world.

why I make so little doing such a hazardous/physically demanding job? no fucking clue.

I dev as a hobby. I consider it a part-time job. sorry im not a real dev senpai

we don't put people in prisons because it's "their fault" (whatever the fuck that means)

we put them in prison because they are in some way a danger to society if they remain free