Does ASUS have a patent on the Q-Connector or what?

does ASUS have a patent on the Q-Connector or what?

why the fuck dont every mobo maker have one?

its pretty autistic and ads an inch to the front of the motherboard.
Just read the lable on the pcb and plug the shit in.

Maybe autistic, but pretty convenient.

yeah, this, or just find out whatever the thing is called that extends the pins and google amazon for "[that thing] 2x14" or whatever

>just read the lable and put it in
>cause its super convient since the front cables are super long that you can do it while the mobo is out of the case and can actually fucking see shit and there isnt anything else near it making it impossible to get your fingers in

>also each fucking cable isnt seperate and you have to put it in 1 at a time

>connecting more than the power switch cable

>can actually fucking see shit
Any decent manual will tell you what you need to know

>convenient
Yea, not even gonna lie.. Ive used it myself too.

Also I dont think its labeled on some asus boards, I dont think mine even is. My old prebuilt and several other comptuers Ive worked on though were all labled on the mobo clear as day. Just use a flashlight to see it and no problem.

>Just read the lable on the pcb and plug the shit in.
>t. fingerlet

What i wanna know is why there still using this shitty layout. We have sata ports, standard size plug for front i/o usb 2 and 3 ports, standard shit for front audio.

Why do all cases and mothe boards have different layouts for the power and shit? Id understand it if this was the mid 2000s but come on already.

This

Is this by chance your hand?

Not him, but I'm 6'3" and have large hands. Those connecting bits are a godsend for me

>Is this by chance your hand?
No, I just don't have slender, feminine fingers. I bet when you make a fist it's like a lollipop.

That's why estrogen hormone replacement therapy and wearing stockings improves your computing ability.

>acting like you're better than others because you're an ape

hrt doesnt change bone structure..

It will if you start at an early age, like 10
My boy's already on HRT at age 8

This is true. I've seen estrogen filled humans redo the ends of an ethernet cable like it was nothing.

>why the fuck dont every mobo maker have one?
Only ASUS cater to retards, and only retards.

Asus doesn't even have those on the cheaper motherboards.

At least Asus and Gigabyte marks the connectors on the Mobo.

Fucking MSI leaves the connector unmarked on alot of their damn boards.

I hope you're joking and if not do your son a favour and kill yourself

>cause its super convient since the front cables are super long that you can do it while the mobo is out of the case and can actually fucking see shit and there isnt anything else near it making it impossible to get your fingers in

I've built computers in my house with the lights off, just with the sunshine coming in through the windows, and could clearly read the front panel header labels so maybe you should get your fucking eyes checked. I even have a case with a long PSU basement and didn't have trouble plugging shit in either, but maybe that's because I'm not so fat that my fingers are the size of an average human thigh.

Can't you just buy them separate?

How do you reset when Gentoo freezes?

>feeling good about having girly hands

>having normal man hands isn't a thing, you're either a fucking gorilla or a girl
kek, sure thing Harambe.

>discussing hand size on Sup Forums where half the posters are traps
user pls

My gigabyte z170 came with one of those too.

Hey I'm not the one that started boasting about being a gorilla.

Because plugging in front panel connectors aren't hard to begin with. Most motherboards today color the front panel headers with neon colors so its easy to spot what goes where.

>you either have weak grip or you're a gorilla

Tell yourself whatever makes you sleep better at night. One thing is clear, you got triggered because I said you have girly hands. Meaning I struck a chord, same way your god-emperor trump gets triggered when someone says he has small hands.

Stay mad.

>triggered
Quit spewing this shitty meme. Getting someone to reply doesn't mean they're triggered, it just means they want to make fun of you for being a gorilla.

Hes your god emperor too.

Srsly?
Even if its not printed on the Mobo itself, it's in the manual for sure.
> Oh right, I forgot cool kids don't need the manual KEK

This shit takes 1 fucking minute.

>bothering with that when you can just short the pins with a screwdriver

>implying it's not better to be a gorilla than an effeminate man

>Hes your god emperor too.
I'm European, so no, he is not.

Again,
>implying there are only extremes

If he has ape hands then hrt is obviously too late for him and youre just being a shit talking faggot on the internet.
>hrr do x and you wont have ape hands
>well if you would have done it sooner it would have worked
Suggest retroactively investing in the stock market too next time.

also your son is way to young for that shit, what the fuck are you even doing in life..
You think he is the wrong gender?
seriously consider this, he is 8. you are giving him female puberty hormones.
cis 8 year old girls are not even starting puberty yet.
The hormones you are giving him, are irrelevant at this point in life regardless of whether or not he actually is trans.

For all you know, he is going though an identity crisis brought on by indoctrination into white guilt anti male propaganda forced down kids throats starting on pre-k cartoons.
You just _might_ be wrecking his entire life.

my first ever build had one of these and i didn't use it
are people that dense that they need some lego brick to help them?

>look at pcb connector
>FRONT_PANEL
>thats it
>takes me 10 minutes to trial and error all the little connectors into their sockets

>look in manual
>see that connectors are clearly labeled
>realize how retarded you are

sorry for not having the manual for a 10 year old motherboard

Which was already connected and in use for 10 years? Or did you just find it on a garbage dump?

Protip: There is something called Internet

No.

Do you not know what Google is either? Hell I just got the manual for a ~20 year old motherboard a few months ago.

Hold down the power button until it turns off.

No.

>why didnt u just google it omfg111
are you an asperger?

If you need autism to get the idea to go and get your manual from the net if you're missing it, then so be it.
But I doubt it.

femanon here

glasses are for nerds

>you need to be autistic to use Google
By your logic 1.7 billion people have autism

>I'm European, so no, he is not.
hehe.. thats what you think.
KNEEL BEFORE YOUR GOD!

>just use google retard it werked 4 me
yeah asperger confirmed

>lol only autists use Google
Again, by your logic over a billion people are autistic.

>>lol only autists use Google
who are you quoting?

You, dumbass.

Why don't motherboard and case manufacturers make a single plug for everything ? Surely by now we should be able to make a single cable with it's own controlling unit on the mobo that takes care of all fans (prewired inside the case), leds etc...

nah

How come it is not standardized to the point a case come with just one connector?

I found it more annoying to use when I could just as easily connect the plugs into the individual pins and doesn't stick out or take extra space. Plus it's usually labeled on the motherboard or worst-case just check the manual.

Wow, what a witty reply.

>connecting more than the power switch cable

Who are you quoting?
Besides I like my HDD indicator and reset buttons, reminds me of the good ol' days.

Why fix what isn't broken?

>Who are you quoting?
Quit shitposting

Now THAT, muh boiz, is b8

I will groom my son into a 9/10 trap.
Exercise, nutrition, hormones and later implants, if she asks for it

its so sad that you triggered multiple anti-sjw retards with this shit already

maybe you don't really need them but my hands are big and i can't see that well so i prefer to put these together outside the case then plug the whole thing in at once.

nice bloat there, all you need to do is short a couple of pins, its minimalist and you dont have to plug in the NSA controller a.k.a "Power Button"

not half as autistic as the old way of using a few usb header connectors and swapping them out when you change motherboards/cases

I'm not really a fan of these things to be honest. They're a bit too flimsy for my liking.