Give me one good reason that triple booting on a Macbook Pro isn't the ideal laptop

Give me one good reason that triple booting on a Macbook Pro isn't the ideal laptop.

Protip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

x220.mcdonnelltech.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Mac OS, botnet, and a freetard Mac OS clone

because you only need linux on a laptop

This. Only thing missing is BSD for real UNIX experience.

Actually keeping macOS on a mac is a good idea since it's the only way to update the UEFI and change stuff like the Force Touch intensity (one of the only gimmicks Apple has brought out that I consider hands-down amazing).

>update the UEFI
why

Linus Torvalds uses only screen.

Makes me wonder how many different operating systems he uses.

Changelog:
* Added Facebook connectivity

Irrelevant. Mac toddler talk.

XPS 13 with Fedora 25 here.

Hah lul, Windows isnt free you idjet

There's no point in having all three. Any two will invalidate the need for the third.

nothing loonix can do that windows and macos cant. Except full on ricing, which of course is for kiddies.

> one good reason
Not having autism. Hard but possible.

Windows: Games
macOS: Everyday tasks
Linux: POWER

>nothing loonix can do that windows and macos cant.

My favourite example is updating the OS and all installed applications and libraries in one command.

I have no idea if osx can do this, though.

It's quite inefficient. Three different operating systems. You'd have to really like the exclusives on each of them to do this.

macOS does a better job at applications than Windows. Unless it's video games (ha) or older software. Linux depends on the distribution, but it's just a free alternative to macOS.

Don't really see the purpose in keeping Linux. macOS and Windows, maybe, but you'd have a hard time rationalizing it unless you're talking about video games, but... It's a laptop. So, just remove everything and keep macOS.

Respect your privacy

This

Cause it's expensive as shit. Might as well buy insurance for a boat i don't own.

>In the Year of Our Lord 2017
>multi-booting

Wew. I realize MacOS is basically a toy, but in real OSes we have access to a multitude of good virtualization options, even in Windows.

triple booting on a used thinkpad would save some money

> >Mac OS, botnet, and a freetard Mac OS clone
Gay Botnet, Poo in Loo Botnet, Unstable OS with Backdoors.

checked

Is Hackintosh similar to macOS?
What makes it different from macOS?

Not if you use homebrew, macports or any other third-party package manager.

it's basically cramming an official macos/os x install with some software tweaks and drivers into a normal-ass pc

x220.mcdonnelltech.com/ is a good basic example of the process involved. x220 and other thinkpads are pretty popular for hackintosh laptops, since the hardware is pretty compatible ootb. it's really only the intel wifi that needs switching out

some other laptops or pc builds might be more complex. research it!

A Hackintosh is Mac OS...
If you mean what's the difference between a Mac and a Hackintosh the main issue is compatibility and updates breaking things...

You get an Apple firmware updated that ruins your setup and locks up your Linux partition so you have to spend a week end figuring out how to recover all your data, they won't help because loading Linux voids all warranties and support agreements. Only to realize that the custom boot method you setup no longer works and you can't just uninstall this new firmware which installed on its own. Ironically as part of Apple's new security upgrades to prevent unwanted code from being installed on your system.

I grew up on Apple, but after all the stuff that has happened to me, especially in the last few years, I have decided to live without Apple.

It been two years now, I still use the hardware as I don't have an immediate need to buy a new computer, but I have not used any of their stuff. And honestly I haven't noticed much of a difference.

because im not poor i use windows parallels

>update the UEFI

Why the fuck are you even using UEFI? There's no real benefit over BIOS. It has most, if not all the same problems as BIOS, and a whole list of negative aspects of it's own.

>Linux depends on the distribution, but it's just a free alternative to macOS.
> just a free alternative to macOS.
>a free alternative to macOS.
>alternative to macOS.
>this is what Macfags actually believe!

What's Mac's server, and supercomputer market share like?

Because the Macbook Pro isn't the ideal Laptop.
Because there is no good reason to have macOS and Linux on the same machine
Because there is no good reason to have windows on a laptop at all.
Because bootcamp is trash, but the only way to preserve your existing install

You also can't update firmware without MacOS. The Thunderbolt controllers receive updates every now and then as well.

>there's no real benefit over uefi
Please shut up about shit you have no clue on.
First of all it lets you use GPT that allows what, 256 physical partitions? So you 254 more than MBR, no more dealing with the Hell that is lvm. You can also have more than one bootloader per drive without having to chainload which was another's clusterfuck. Speaking of bootloader, they now reside in an actual efi partition instead of in some arbitrary space at the beginning of the disk that gets overwritten with each new OS, you could have loads of efi partitions, each with loads of bootloaders, across several disks, and all of this works fine. The boot order now knows what a bootloader instead "execute whatever is at the address 0x0". And finally, UEFI lets you change the boot order on the OS, something nearly impossible, not at all supported and liable to fuck up your motherboard in BIOS. Windows update just made itself the primary boot? Well in BIOS you just lost Grub, in UEFI you can change back the order inside Windows itself.

Because I am hexabooting with Solaris, FreeBSD, and Haiku on a Thinkpad.