that moment of clarity when you realize all the tech problems are because you forgot to use the driver disc

> that moment of clarity when you realize all the tech problems are because you forgot to use the driver disc

>driver disc
The fuck is this, 2001? Use an OS that isn't stuck in the past.

Everyone knows drivers from the disc are the ones designed specifically for the HW.
It's what the engineers use to optimize.
The ones you download are one size fits all and not fully optimized.

kek
you can also download the same software for said hardware right?

You can't download hardware retard

Bad bait

>having a cd drive in your case
>2017

Femanon here,

You should try a recent GNU+Linux distro, honey. Practically all drivers are supplied as modules.

Poor quality bait.

Saged

>have to totally wipe and reinstall windows on customer computer
>Boss: "do they have the driver disc?"
>no, I'll just download them from the support site
>"no user, we have to special order the disc from our parts supplier and charge the customer an extra $80"
>ok fine
>three weeks later disc arrives
>it's in fucking German and is for Win 7 when it says right there on the computer that it came with 8 Pro
>none of the drivers work
>say fuck it and just get them from the support site

How does it feel to be retarded?

> he doesn't diversify his assets
> he puts full faith into the cloud
> he doesn't have the opportunity to burn files to physical medium in event of domain seizure

>, 3192x2124

>im so poor i need to make sure i never lose my anime photos!

shutup kys

OP here, I will ignore your slanderous insult and explain. My SSD failed, it was bought around the time they surged in price 6 years ago and was a 64gig crucial for about $100. It recently started failing even though I took preventative measures early on such as directing cache writing to the HDD. I had to reinstall Windows because even going into sleep mode required serious file checks upon waking. It lost some files required by the motherboard.

Hence I formatted everything and switched back over to the HDD. However some files are still fucked up and I remembered I have a motherboard driver CD from 6 years ago. That being said it was only a problem at that point, the biggest issue was the failure of the SSD.

You know everyone uses USB sticks for storage and imaging now, right?

>Ignoring work orders

wew lad

This is true for HP. My Pavilion laptop has some custom hardware that only works with HP released drivers, which are very old.

I can't use latest intel gpu drivers, it gives error and won't install.

Implying you shouldn't put the free drivers on a dummy disc and charge them for it

Graphics cards go in major leaps for example I have an 8500gt that nvidia says to only use 240.xx up to. But the driver that came on the disc was 140.xx or something. It's stupid no matter what to use the original disc. They just throw that in there if you are in a third world country with no internet access or it went down where you are when you got your new purchase.

I bet you smell like vanilla

>It lost some files required by the motherboard.

Sounds like the problem can be pin pointed to you being a retard who has not the slightest idea what he/she (not assuming gender) is talking about.

(You)

>clarity
implying

>saged
It's spelled "sageta," as "sage" refers to "下げる" (sageru), which is Japanese for "to lower." The past tense form of this word is "下げた." It does not refer to the plant, as many people still seem to think. Just remember that this is an anime website, and you should remember the rest.

faggoteu

This is kinda true for hardware that gets old.

Well I am lucky in that regard. HP website has drivers for Windows 7 and 8 for my G6 model. However, no drivers for 8.1. For that I have to mix and match 7 and 8 drivers through trial and error till device manager gives me the all clear.

Pretty fucked up. Meanwhile Ubuntu installs all my shit beforehand and on first boot, I get on with my shitposting and masturbation.