$1099

>$1099
What the fuck are these retards thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

latinoshealth.com/articles/22207/20170104/nvidia-amd-vega-gtx-1080ti.htm
pcgameshardware.de/Pascal-Codename-265448/News/Geforce-GTX-1080-Ti-Spezifikationen-GDDR5-1217296/
latinoshealth.com
youtube.com/watch?v=fkvj-uij42M
youtube.com/watch?v=BUWxu_C6QZM
youtube.com/watch?v=WAbl0fLY06U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What the fuck are these retards thinking?
Do you mean the buyers?

Sauce?
Even if it's full GP102 that would be ridiculous for a consumer card.

In my country it costs twice as much. Stop complaining you cheap entitled Jewish Ameritard

fook off australia

>In my country it costs twice as much.
So fucking tired of hearing this. Hey, here's an idea. How about you third worlders start fucking fixing your shitty, corrupt countries first and then play video games after that's all sorted out? Deal? In the meantime Americans will be free to discuss fair market value for goods sold in America.

>third worlders
>coming from an americuck
like pottery

>be australian
>get paid twice as much in wages
>complain about having to pay twice as much for everything
gee, i wonder why things cost more there?

>le universal healthcare meem
>d-do I fit in yet

>Living in AUSFAILIA
>any year

because stupid people like you think a minimum wage is the same thing as a median wage and that's why you pay out the nose for stupid consumer products.

>How about you third worlders start fucking fixing your shitty, corrupt countries first and then play video games after that's all sorted out? Deal? In the meantime Americans will be free to discuss fair market value for goods sold in America.

Just buy AMD like a bad goy :)

is it poorfag's butthurt?

Considering it's going to be one of the highest performing cards for the next 5 years, it's not that bad.

>America is third world
Fresh meme.

>Not $1080
Why doe

>nvidia
>longevity
lmfao

>one of the highest performing cards for the next 5 years
laul

fake and gay. ces didnt even start yet

Your internet speeds are certainly third-world tier.
780ti still kicks ass.

It's already confirmed faster than Vega by several sources:

latinoshealth.com/articles/22207/20170104/nvidia-amd-vega-gtx-1080ti.htm

They're thinking that since they have a monopoly on high end GPUs, they can charge whatever they want.

They aren't wrong.

underrated post

Trump will put more taxes on imports so enjoy low prices while you can.

>GDDR5
>2017
le disapproving man with cancer

>25% niggers
>only like 50% actual white people
>more people in prison than any other nation
>ghettos everywhere
Sounds like South Africa during the apartheid.

i wouldn't doubt that it's faster than vega 10, which is the smaller chip.

now what about vega 11?

>In my country it costs twice as much

Here's an idea. No one cares. This isn't a discussion for poor people technology.

pcgameshardware.de/Pascal-Codename-265448/News/Geforce-GTX-1080-Ti-Spezifikationen-GDDR5-1217296/

$799 according to this.

>confirmed faster by several sources
>latinoshealth.com

sounds legit.

>be nvidea
>see opportunity
>don't take it

sounds about right...

behold, the power of Mexican intellectuals:

> Yet, since AMD Vega is only expected to match up to the performance of GTX 1070 which is at a lower price point, Nvidia should have no problem in bettering it. The higher-end version of AMD Vega, which is named as RX490, is not expected to perform as well as 1080

> RX 490 or AMD Vega 10 specifications have been leaked too. This HBM2 powered high-end graphics card will feature the flagship 14nm GPU and second-generation High Bandwidth Memory with up to 1 terabyte of memory bandwidth.

bravo, user.

>latinoshealth.com

I'm Croatian. I often wish I were Australian, but then I remember Abos live there.
Also, my entire pc costs as much as this card. (Gtx 960, i5-4460)

>25% niggers
Its actually 12% and dropping (due to massive amounts of abortion and 92% of US murders having black victism). Hispanics are the ones that are breeding like rabbits because of Catholicism and less violence in their culture.

PCGH cites reddit which cites a random post on a chinese forum.

its a legit price for the performance. none is forcing you to buy it, a 1060 will do just fine,

Literally all this article says is basically "we expect it to outperform Vega because reasons"

methinks that GP102 has seriously yielding issues that Nvidia is trying to download by setting the price up that high. Titan X isn't that much more and it is fully enabled GP102 unlike 1080TI which has one of its blocks disabled but operates at higher clockspeeds.

I would have think that Nvidia would have waited until Vega came out before launching the 1080Ti.

Nvidia is asking themselves to be setup for a repeat of GTX 280 and HD 4870 price upset.

theyre not going to fucking price it at $1099

its probably going to be $750

I kind of doubt it's only going to be $100 more expensive than a reference 1080, at least not while AMD is incapable of competing even with a 1070.

That's why I think the $1099 MSRP is bullshit and $799 seems to be more likely.

Nvidia isn't stupid enough to repeat the GTX 280 and HD 4870 price upset.

For you newfags, GTX 280 back in the day had a launch price of $699 and a few months later ATI launched HD 4870 which was almost as fast as GTX 280 for a launch MSRP of $399.

Early-adopter Nvidiots shed tons of tears on HD 4870 launch day.

I'm thinking $850

If the Vega performance numbers are accurate (I assume AMD's own DOOM show-off must be at least) it's close to GTX 1080 in performance, which would mean 1080 Ti/Titan XP would still pretty much be in their own little world. I very much doubt AMD would show a demo where their card performs 30% worse than it actually will, so don't expect too much.

4K HDR monitors when?

femanon here

$1099 for such a thick graphics card?

I would only pay so much money for a thin GPU

That demo was using hacked together Fiji drivers. They weren't optimized for HBM2 or the new architecture.

Also, wasn't that demo locked at 60fps?

t. memester

No, it was not locked since it jumped into the 70s and 80s at times. Again, why would AMD show off their new graphics card performing like 30% worse than it actually will?

That people would buy it?

Because the drivers aren't ready yet. That was a pre-production card. Which is why they didn't give any exact performance numbers, just a minimum baseline to show that it's at least as good as a 1080. Setting minimum expectations is never a bad thing.

>it's close to GTX 1080 in performance

youtube.com/watch?v=fkvj-uij42M

A 1080 does 48 fps average in Battlefront on 4k

>48 fps average

uhhh, I dunno about that

youtube.com/watch?v=BUWxu_C6QZM

Why do they call it the GTX 1080?

because once you buy it, you lose 1080 dollars and go away

because when it sets your house on fire you turn 1080 degrees and walk away

Their minimum expectations are unimpressive though. GTX 1080 performance 1 year later is not good. Literally the only thing they showed with DOOM was a demo saying "we are one year behind NVIDIA". Anyway I kind of doubt the drivers could've been such shit when running a low-level API, where drivers are very thin. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot with such a demo? They made a decision, which was to show off their card, it seems highly unlikely to me they would do such a thing when knowing very well their product is vastly underperforming because of bad software, as you say.

Look at how carefully controlled their Ryzen benchmark was too. They very clearly wanted to show it off in a positive light, why wouldn't they want to do the same with their graphics card?

>all these mad poorfags

fawk right off with this shit buddy, anywhere but canada/usa is third world, excluding detroit and newfoundland

>perf like a 970
>kicks ass
good one, i chuckled

oh no, nvidia is THAT confident right now

At that price, I may as well buy a Titan XP.

that's midrange perf for a 4 year old card. other flagships like the gtx480 and hd6970 fell off a lot faster than that.

>perf like a 970
it loses to 960 in most games

>incapeable of competeing with 1070
boi the last gen air cooled fury is cheaper than the 1070 and matches it in some games, falls just a blonde pube behind it in most, and falls on its face comparitivley in like 1% of games, i'd call that competitive

>Titan XP
(You)Tube pls fuck off.

>Look at how carefully controlled their Ryzen benchmark was too. They very clearly wanted to show it off in a positive light, why wouldn't they want to do the same with their graphics card?
completely different departments handle press for cpu/gpu
one is almost always shitting itself over the actions of the other

but the 290x outperforms the 970 still

THAT's upper midrange performance for a 4 year old card today

>780ti
>perf like a 970
Kek

>almost as fast
literally the best card ever made since jesus went back to heaven carrying all of the tnt riva's with him (which made nvidia align witht he devil out of spite).

kys nvidiot.

It's funny because AMD cards run hotter.

I'd love to see a source. At 1440p a Fury appears to provide 81% of a (stock, thermal-throttling) 1070. That means the 1070 is ~23% faster with both at stock, that's not very close, especially since Fury isn't that amazing at OC while the 1070 has quite a decent bit of headroom.

OK then, so I suppose your narrative is "Vega is vastly faster than what AMD's own demos show." I'll choose to believe what they've shown us rather than making up my own rationalization, until such a time when they show us otherwise.

7000 series is still holding up strong

While offering more raw power and longevity. That's GCN for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=WAbl0fLY06U

that's my exact monitor, nice

and shit, It's definitely outperforming a 1080

I have a 980ti right now. I'll wait for the Vega refresh and pick something up then. That's really fucking cool

>Murrica
>Not third world

Nice meme

>780ti still kicks ass

LOL NO

I sold my 780ti and went back to my 7970 while i wait for Vega because the 780ti wasn't much of a upgrade over the 7970 anymore after Nvidia cucked it.

>other flagships like the gtx480 and hd6970 fell off a lot faster than that.

You can blame Nvidia for that one to (gameworks forcing retarded amounts of pointless tessellation)

Nice fake video

>if sapphire fucks up it is not amds fault
just as it is not nvidias fault for evga being shit

I'm not commenting on how good Vega will be, I'm telling you that the drivers weren't ready yet and still may not be ready.

>low-level API
The driver still needs to exist. A modified Fiji driver is a far cry from one optimized for the particular architecture. Look at how the RX 480 drivers matured since release, and that's compared against release drivers.

>vastly underperforming
Performing at least on par with a 1080 isn't underperforming at all.

>why wouldn't they want to do the same with their graphics card
The just did that. They showed it playing a maxed out 4k game at a constant 60 fps. What more do you want it to do? Should we have expected >150fps for 4k at 144hz?

>Performing at least on par with a 1080 isn't underperforming at all.

vega is a 450mm2 die with 16gb of hbm2, if it only matches a fully unlocked gp104 then it's an astoundingly horrible failure.

That's bullshit.
I went from 7970 to a 780ti
The 780ti was almost twice as fast.

And the gimping bullshit never happened.
Preformance over 2 years was exactly the same.

Hera a pic before I sold it.

We don't know whether that was a small or big Vega and how much memery it actually had. It's pure speculation.

all it has to do is match 1080 on release for $499 or less to be a success, and improve over time with driver updates

>$499

a big die with hbm2 won't be sold for $500.

>I went from 7970 to a 780ti
>The 780ti was almost twice as fast.
back in 2013?

the 7970 improved vastly over time since then, while the 780ti stopped getting optimization for new games

if AMD has a 1080 competitor and they sell it for as much as a 1080 then they're retarded

>if AMD has a 1080 competitor and they sell it for as much as a 1080 then they're retarded

last time AMD tried to undercut NVIDIA they got completely shit on by maxwell pricing. they won't make the mistake of trying to get into a price war again, it's very likely that vega will be $650 and $550 for the fury x and non-x were.

dumb kids buy gaymur crap every day how is this different

there hasnt been a good game in so long and there was never a good game with bleeding edge graphics.

>there was never a good game with bleeding edge graphics
Almost every bleeding edge jump in graphical technology I can think of were also incredible games

>Doom
>Quake
>Half-Life
>Half-life 2
>Crysis
>Witcher 2
>Witcher 3

The 7970 is still far slower.
Not to mention they Disabled ASYNC for it.

Idk why AMD fags like about this shit.
I would have believed you if you said a 390, not not a slow ass 7970.

I think the big vega card will be on par will be slightly above the 1080.

This means that the minute it comes out Nvidia will smash it with the release of the 1080ti.

And every Total War ever. They even managed to make Warhammer use more than 4 threads.

but the 390 is what competes against the 970
the 7970 beats the 780ti in nearly every 2015-6 release

>Performing at least on par with a 1080 isn't underperforming at all.
I'm not the one saying it's underperforming. You said that. You said the drivers aren't ready and as such the card isn't performing as it should. Which is it now, is it performing as expected or not? In any case, performing in GTX 1080 ballpark is quite unimpressive for a HBM2 graphics card coming out a year later.
>Look at how the RX 480 drivers matured since release
The difference is like 5% in DX12 and Vulkan, nice I guess but hardly that big of a deal.
>The just did that. They showed it playing a maxed out 4k game at a constant 60 fps.
They shoved it performing within 10% of a GTX 1080 in DOOM Vulkan which runs extremely well on AMD, much better than other titles for sure. See the first point above.

Eh, it still uses 100% of a single thread and CPU bottlenecks once you get into large battles with maximum army sizes.

>Eh, it still uses 100% of a single thread and CPU bottlenecks once you get into large battles with maximum army sizes.
Well, they did as much as possible to multithread that piece of shit called Warscape.

"AMD is only attempting to compete in the low end so we're free to charge whatever we want."