>i5
>8gb ram
>Iris GPU 1,5gb
>1tb hdd

>$600

Is the mac mini worth it ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GRX-6rWkuzk
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HIS315C/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483564108&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rx 480 8gb pc&dpPl=1&dpID=51qCkf+KiLL&ref=plSrch
ncixus.com/products/?sku=129452&vpn=BOXNUC6I7KYK1&manufacture=Intel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

No

No

1) It's a Haswell
2) with only 8GB DDR3 RAM
3) and a fucking HDD
4) for SIX HUNDRED US DOLLARS

No

how's the display?

Have the late 2014 one, it runs fine but after switching to Macbook Pro 13 early 2015 with SSD I can tell you its not really worth it, lack of SSD in this one really sucks

>Have the late 2014 one, it runs fine but after switching to Macbook Pro 13 early 2015 with SSD I can tell you its not really worth it, lack of SSD in this one really sucks

Just use an external ssd you cuck

It doesn't matter now since I sold it but yeah, I guess that can work

They're actually pretty easy to swap an ssd into the internal bay.

I watched one video on youtube and was like nope, I'm gonna break everything if I try that

>I watched one video on youtube and was like nope, I'm gonna break everything if I try that

A external ssd is cheaper and easier to install

u dum m8

Depend of what i5, i think 8gb is damn fine and hdd still worth it beacause its durable, mkay 600 hundred

Nigga an i5 costs like $250 alone

/thread

if you're not size constrained, you could buy a dual xeon processor workstation computer from a reseller for about 400 and then install any GPU card you like that's 200, and it would blow the doors off this Mini

$230 for a 6600K, which is significantly more powerful than the mobile CPU in the mac mini.

>$230 for a 6600K, which is significantly more powerful than the mobile CPU in the mac mini.

I bet you also kiss prostitutes in the mouth

how else am i supposed to get kisses?

"i5" which is actually a pentium tier dual core

I have one, it isn't worth it unless you need to do ios dev on the cheap.

this

I see cheap 10-year-old ones on ebay. Are they worth a damn for anything?

you could build a pc with 40 or 50 times the amount of processing power for that money

and if you're looking for tiny pc's zotac and gigabyte has them for 200 bucks
hell zotac even has one with a gtx 960 and it's barely bigger than the mac mini

stop paying apple tax

>mac
>worth anything

No, it has such poor thermal management, it starts throttling CPU at boot in summer months.

go for it its very compact only what you need is screen

>DP 1.1
No

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=GRX-6rWkuzk

The post-2012 models are not worth anymore. They have soldered RAM and the specs are mediocre.

You're better off with a NUC or a Zotax.

No, I have an 11 year old mac (the first intel-based generation) and it's a bitch to upgrade it to some hardware that can support a modern OS, at least as a browsing machine.

I upgraded the RAM, waiting for a CPU replacement to come. These old macminis were EFI 1.0 machines, so the firmware is also retarded and limited.

Is this pc worth it to give to my friend getting into pc gaming?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HIS315C/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483564108&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rx 480 8gb pc&dpPl=1&dpID=51qCkf+KiLL&ref=plSrch

I don't think you quite grasp the purpose of the mac mini. key word being 'mini'.

>I paid to use macOS on the shittiest hardware config available: the purchase

Aren't these used in data centers where you need to """virtualize""" macOS?

I think it is but then again I have another MBP and actually like an OS that gets out of its way and isn't prone to viruses like a puerto rican.
I have mine driving a 70" Vizio as a media center.

Not worth full price. It is a nice machine though, I got one for free and am using it as a media center. Best media center I ever had.

mactoddlerOS is literally malware

>being this obsessed.

Go outside.

Can you install Linux on it?

>Is the mac mini worth it ?
I got mine for $A330 on eBay.

>Can you install Linux on it?
It's an Intel PC, so apart from things like WiFi, trackpad and so on you're golden.

Just get a NUC or something similar if you're just going to install GNU/Linux on it. This is for someone who missed the boat on selling fart apps on ios but still wants to give it a shot or someone who wants to run osx because it just werks. You don't get the shiny hardware design of a macbook or the trackpad, so there's not really a point to owning one.

So you come to a tech enthusiasts image board when you are too incompetent to install an ssd into a laptop?

As someone who is pretty anti-Apple these days (Mainly just in response to the "Apple is expensive therefore best" mentality), I would say that for 6-hundo it does very little vs a laptop or mITX build BUT if you're looking for a living room machine that can do a few things, it's not a bad plan.

However, ncixus.com/products/?sku=129452&vpn=BOXNUC6I7KYK1&manufacture=Intel is infinitely better for less so.

>buying a computer that boots from a Mechanical Hard Disk Drive in the year two thousand seventeen