Windows 10 "Game Mode"

Sup Forums is going mad over this

twitter.com/Binarydemons/status/814496642954969089

"game mode" in windows 10
someone claims it is windows store specific, others don't

it let's you get rid of processes fucking up your performance

using windows 10

>it let's you get rid of processes fucking up your performance
Gee, I already got that. It's called Task Manager, nigger.

>Lets you get rid of processes
>What is task manager

Jesus Christ it's not that fucking difficult.

It's the year 2017, if you have any background processes severely hindering you're performance and you didn't do it to yourself (like render video while gaming) you deserve it.

>Gaming on a computer
>2017

>Running something so shitty you need to kill processes to make a game smooth
Is this 2003 or something?

Yeah my ps4 pro in the living room sounds more fun than staring at a monitor all day

Rendering video is normally low process priority. You can do it just fine while gaming.

is it that hard to understand that having an OS 'profile' that pauses every process except the game is something pretty interesting? in particular if you can define those profiles

it is obvious that its better than going killing tasks everytime you want to play a game

It was just an example

As hardware gets better, there's less of a need for that. I remember having a pretty decent gaming machine back in 2010, and running programs in the background would cause some issues here and there. Now, even with 10-15 programs in the background, actually running just minimized, I see no more than a few frames per second difference. It's just not necessary, and what it can do you can just do yourself.

here it comes, steam gimping began

There was an Catalyst driver that had a similar feature for win7, circa 2006-9...
It was quite on my old toaster with several bloatware installed. I mended my ways since.

that's what I'm thinking, unless you're an underaged or misguided user, I don't know how they can improve much.

On a reasonbly up to date system there shouldn't be anything gobbling up resources to justify such a thing; except for people on toasters and ridiculous amounts of bloatware.

Who fucking cares.

> it let's you get rid of processes fucking up your performance
> having processes fucking up your performance while gaming in the first place
How retarded can one be?

>On a reasonbly up to date system there shouldn't be anything gobbling up resources to justify such a thing; except for people on toasters and ridiculous amounts of bloatware.
>windows 10

Cortana
Microsoft security whatever
windows update

and the typical assortment of ass: reader updater, flash updater, java updater....

not that I use any of these, but stock windows 10 is pretty bloated by itself

this

it's a cool hack

if windows wasn't shit we'd be able to do that and much more ourselves

If you think that's going to give PC games 'console optimization' or some shit, it won't. Background processes barely matter. The thing that gives consoles their optimization is the game being coded to the exact hardware being used. Even consoles still have shit running in the background.

I guess it is somewhat interesting though, if only because we'll be able to definitely answer how much background processes affect game performance.

non preemptive mode, for massive gaming gains

Come on down
And see the idiot right here
Too fucked to beg and not afraid to care
What's the matter with calamity anyway
run!!!!!!, get the fuck out of my face
Understand I can't feel anything
It isn't like I wanna sift through the decay
I feel like a wound
Like I got a fucking gun against my head
You live when I'm dead

you are so sick, lad

>depsnt recognize lyrics the great corey taylor

>depsnt
what?

doesnt

Is MS trying to shill W10 to gamers because Xbox is dead?

>doesn't
I did, that is why I called you sick

it was a little bit less obvious that shouting people equal shit out of the blue

The very existence of this should be pissing off anyone who uses Windows Server for anything as it implies standard Windows processes are now so bloated they need to be paused to get a measurable boost in performance

IMO they are doing an slow conversion from win10 PCs to xbox machines

testing the waters in a way

Having no garbage in your system == game booster always enabled.

inb4 scorpio is just updated gaming PCs

I will go even further

scorpio is going to be the first Microsoft branded gaming PC

equal to their laptops line, or their Surface designer marvel

yeah its like task manager hasnt existed for the past 15+ years

>windows 10
>lets you get rid of processes

Kek

svchost, winblows update and its stupid fucking anti viruu are waht's wasting all those resources.
would love to see them kill off that useless shit.

More nonsense added to this OS. This wouldn't have been necessary if it wasn't for all the bloatware constantly running in background on Win10.

QFT

>watch video on Scorpio
>it can do 4K, the highest res, best framerate, no compromises
>it can render at 60Hz

>He doesn't know how to greentext

Wew lad

>svchost
what does this thing do other than try to contact random servers in israel? can I just permanently end it?

its a service host so no

That is why they have and recommend Core only for server.

where can I download it

I want to try it

>windows store specific

>shut down processes
>still have to run bloated Discord in the background because all your Sup Forumsaymer buddies are using it

Get rid of any background apps, dump cortana, dump the Store, disable superfetch, disable Defender. Disable a shit ton of services and scheduled tasks in Services. Dive into group policy to kill any of the shit MS makes money from.

There are a lot of things you can do to make your OS lightweight and clean. You don't need a gaming mode.

Fast Dev ring AFAIK