Don't want to be on facebook

>don't want to be on facebook
>need to contact people through facebook for business purposes
>make account with throwaway email, burner cell number, and different last name for this purpose
>"people you may know" still recommends people i know
This shit is creepy as fuck. How do they do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

propublica.org/article/facebook-doesnt-tell-users-everything-it-really-knows-about-them
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

propublica.org/article/facebook-doesnt-tell-users-everything-it-really-knows-about-them

Yes but this doesn't explain how they would know who the hell I am from a different name, number, and email address.

Do you use mobile? Cookies and browsing on friends wifi.

Nope

>get tagged by friends

have you searched people you know?

Did you add anyone you know?

Whatever IP address you used to create the account was already linked to your real name.

Nope

Didn't add a soul. Only used it to send some messages for business purposes, and those people wouldn't be linked to any of the "people i may know" in any way.

cookies, IP address, people you are looking for, browser fingerprint, etc.

I feared it was something along these lines, but god damn, what a massive invasion of privacy this shit is.

Shoul've created it from a throwaway device on a public wifi
Either way as soon as you added the people you need to contact, you'd be fucked.

It's your fault for using FB at all.

Enjoy the future you created.

This. They know your IP

Tried making a troll account a while back but they've gotten smarter and new my IP already

artificial intelligence and prediction, based on your location, ip, cell phone, people youre talking to, etc. now just imagine with the government secretly has, their technology is decades ahead and theyre probably the ones helping facebook to begin with.

Believe me I didn't want to, but sometimes I have no other manner of contacting someone.

Yeah but what if multiple people in one house have the same ip?

anyone who uses facebook for business is a fucking idiot and shouldn't be working in whatever field they are working in.

Sure thing, gramps.

Why go through the trouble of making a website and paying for hosting when you can just make a facebook which everyone is already on anyway? I hate it, but that's the way the world has gone.

yes its a burner cell phone, but did you have the people it recommended in your phone contacts?

>Using Jewbook
>Surprised they have sketchy shit to track you down
I'm LMAOing at your life desu

I cant take something serious if it looks like its run by a bunch of plebs or women.
>expecting me to spend money on or invest in a company thats only for of communication is a myspace knockoff
Id just go somewhere else

it works based on so much data, user agent, screen size, IP address, third party emails and shit - also uses cookies and fingerprinting

Nope

I once made a Linkedin and Facebook account. And it started recommending everyone I knew throughout my life. While I didn't even go to school in the city that I live in. It's some scary shit.

Most of the time it's cause some of those people have searched for you before and the system already made a ghost account even though it couldn't find you on the database.

This. Rest at ease knowing that even if you don't sign up for any of this bullshit, your profile and information already exists. What a time to be alive

what about for the dank seo?

I wish Facebook was never created. I miss pre-facebook internet.

Me too. Remember when you used to be told to never use real name on the Internet? Now practically everywhere has a sign in to Facebook option.

>Work for UPS
>Get on a route for 3 weeks straight
>Stop in at a certain business 3 or 4 days a week every time
>The girl at the counter shows up in my "People you may know" list

Facebook is just as scary as Google

Yeah. It seems everything now has to be funneled through it. Sucks the creativity and originality out of things

>having your location always on

Good job dummy.

Right? That's my first thought whenever I read retards saying Facebook and Google are scary. You got location sharing always on dipshits. Turn that garbage off. Magically it no longer know where you have been. TECHNOLOGY!

>tfw did the same thing
>still haven't gotten a single person I know recommended for me

under the radar senpai

I made one with no #, a gibberish name, no location, no photo, and only added my mom to keep in touch with her because she was moving and it fucking recommended my boss...

ip-address

>Stop in at a certain business
FB has recorded your LatLng coordinates based on wifi. Then pairs it with LatLng of the girl in the counter. Since your visiting it 3-4 days a week FB assumed "you may know her".

Turn off your mobile Wifi when you're not using it. From what my friends told me it kinda pings FB server every several seconds to "latch" your LatLng coordinates. FB is an illuminati tool now.

>need to contact people through facebook for business purposes
This is why I'll never have a job. On interview for burger flipping, they asked - Christ.

geolocation

LatLng is now a meme.