MacOS / Linux users BTFO first day of University

>Be me
>Go to first day of summer school (Stats course)
>Okay people you will need to be using some statistics based software
>Most of you should have windows and will find it perfectly find to install
>Mac users probably will have problems with running the software and will need to find a Windows based device
>Linux not ANYWHERE to be SEEN or mentioned
>Mfw

So why haven't you switched to the Windows10 master race Sup Forums?

Mac and Loonix fags get what they deserve

what class is teaching stats with anything other than R or maybe Python/Julia? what are you using? SAS? SPSS? these are garbage for "excel wizards"

>university uses some shitty Windows-only program
>somehow it's OS X's and Linux's fault
You're dumb.

Funny, on the first day of my class my professor said if you didn't have a Linux device to use, did not know how to use vim, and did not know C you should drop out immediately.

It used some proprietary software developed by the University themselves, they designed it only for Windows use (maybe mac but probably buggy as fuck), were not talking programming software

[spoiler]Hows the coping going[/spoiler]

What coping? Fucking Sup Forumsermin.

>C
>Stats

why is this class not using R

really makes you think

Never mentioned stats in my course. It was a systems course and the point of my post was that you're retarded. I don't go into an engineering course and shit my pants when everyone uses windows you fucking fag.

Because his class is probably on some Indian shithole town.

So what you are saying is that you are learning statistics and how to do statistics using software that no one outside of your shitty university uses? Sounds more like you were the one who got BTFO of learning useful skills.

kek, this

Angry?

"WAAH THEYRE NOT DOING IT MY WAY SO ITS NOT REAL LURNING"

>this level of denial
It's just like when liberal arts faggots are told that their careers are worthless.

>job insecurity through program obscurity is the way to go.

My university made a point of not requiring the use of non-free software for the full CompSci Master's degree.
POSIX / GNU / Linux was required however.

>It used some proprietary software developed by the University themselves, they designed it only for Windows use (maybe mac but probably buggy as fuck), were not talking programming software
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This
OP's probably going to a community college, any respectable university requires software that works on all platforms, or at least Windows and MacOS.

>

>It used some proprietary software developed by the University themselves
University developed proprietary software? What is this, University of Phoenix?

>OP's probably going to a community college,
Or a for profit "University" The kind where people learn how to tighten up the graphics on level 3

lmao the op has no idea what awaits for him once he leaves university to find a job

see you at mcdonalds, kid. assuming you're qualified enough for the job :o)

virtualbox, faggot

It's Minitab isn't it? My uni also used it for my stat course but they're switching to R for exactly that reason

Personally I just pirated it and ran it in a Win 7 VM, literally no issues

Jesus christ that's awful, even my shit state university uses reputable software

Wew

this, although it's probably more like learning ALICE/Scratch/etc in intro to programming (I've seen middle/high schools do this)

What skills are they trying to actually teach you? My first guess would be that TI-83 stats menu would be more useful if it's a homebrewed thing

link to software?

Look if you're not a retard you'd install R on a Linux box and do it yourself.

But you're not that guy, and never will be.

Fucking cucklord.

>480x800
>Using it to browse.

Poor bastard.

Why would your university keep it's software proprietary?

That would make me want to transfer unless it was a very reputable university

even if it means my ass is going to tradeschool

HAHAHAHA

Take it to the loo. If you went to a real uni you would learn R, python or even excel would be better. This is absolutely trash.

>stats course
>using obscure proprietary garbage instead of R
L-loonix BTFO

Holy shit! OP is literally a faggot and will prolly flunk out of his garbage uni

>implying I don't have windows 10 pro via bootcamp

What distros do universities use

>I go to a bad school

professors/teachers who say shit like this are fucking worthless and should lose their jobs to be honest

>be stats major
>all stats classes teach R and everyone only knows R since it is open source and simple to use
>take categorical data analysis course
>old ass teacher only teaches in SAS
>Go to office hours to ask for help for something but in R since nobody wants to pay money or spend their life in a computer lab
>"I do not know how to do this stuff in R ask the TA :^)"

Fuck your uni

this

I doubt OP is getting a degree that speaks for itself. He might as well drop out and build a portfolio - it would be a better way to spend time and effort than at some no-name university that can't even teach statistics properly. This sounds like community college/ITT tech shit.

When a real university does require the use of a certain OS, they provide a whole fucking laptop at a steep discount, and it's because they're teaching using niche professional software that 99% of employed people have no need to ever touch that ONLY works on windows because of historical reasons (way back when, nobody could afford a unix workstation, and linux still didn't work)

Someone doesn't understand what a server OS is.

Someone shouldn't be on Sup Forums

Try wine.
Then a VM.

>Vim

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

ouch, my almonds.

>windows
trash.png

>A large, hairy student stands up in the back of the class and mutters something
>"vim........license.......not protect.....freedoms.....emacs"
>Teacher says "What was that?"
>Student throws a bottle of pepsi at the teacher and runs out screaming

If they have the source, and can't port it to every one of the top three operating systems, they're retards.

>damage control

and then the whole class clapped.

wine installer.exe

> yawns

It's matlab right? Matlab blows chunks, I had to use it at work for 6 months once. I hate it. New projects should use Python+Numpy for that kind of matrix-heavy programming. If for whatever reason you absolutely need to run Matlab programs, you can use Octave on Linux (got me through my stats class just fine.)

PlayonLinux can install Windows applications since forever.

Shittiest bait ever.

>Minitab
Ausfag reporting in. MInitab worked file in WINE

At worst community colleges suck the Microsoft dick in the IT departments and don't roll their own homebrew programs for anything.