How long until Mozilla abandons Firefox?

How long until Mozilla abandons Firefox?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum
palemoon.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They already did

Already getting pulled from fdroid, wont be long now.

Not going to happen, google shill.

IT'S ALL THEY HAVE!

Mozilla is abandoning Gecko, not Firefox. Their new Quantum browser engine should provide better parallelization and hardware acceleration to freshen up Firefox.

wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum

>written in RUST

We were born just in the right time to see the world burn.

>rust
Fucking hell, they already killed the browser.

Post the unedited version of this meme please

Here's the cartoon one

They already have

what will we use instead?

here, senpai.

Alright! It's not perfect but thank you

so... servo?

They hate firefox because they hate the privacy it offers.

All these posts are shill posts

Quantum is basically implementing the parts of Servo that are finished into Firefox. Eventually Servo in its entirety might be merged into Firefox but that's still a ways off. Mozilla is leaving their options open in case it's easier to just rewrite specific parts rather than porting Servo over.

Nothing wrong with rust you dumbass niggers.

What's good about it? What can't C or C++ provide?

What is good about C and C++? What can't binary programming provide?

It's a bit like C but it actually cares about how memory is utilized. Mozilla wanted something faster than C++ so they basically built another C.

>binary programming

kill yourself

what why

Came here just to talk about this, what's going on with firefox on android?

Are they adding lots of tracking, Google Apis, adobe drm and shit?

Should I switch to chromium on android or is it also a botnet?

What?

Botnet

>he thinks Firefox is secure

OK kid.

They were planning to implement the shit I mentioned one or two years ago, I ignore if they did it.

I was going to install FF on my new phone but after seeing they were being dropped by f droid it raised my suspicion, and I came to this thread

Why are they being dropped?

I'm abandoning Firefox as soon as ESR 52 is no longer supported.

obv but elaborate. firefox is full on retarded for some reason recently.

Daily reminder that Firefox will no longer run add-ons when version 57 is released later this year or early 2018.

It will run addons it just wont run the old ones that relied on XUL and relied on the underlying code of the browser. Many of these addons are not compatible with e10s and supporting them is an ongoing security issue anyway. Security is more important.

Except it will, retard.

That's a fox, not a red panda.

Will the old Mozilla CEO and his team comeback with something better than Firefox. I hate the current state of it but there's no better alternative.

They already did. It's called Brave, and it's shit.

I hope it gets better in the future. Still needs the addon library tho

It's already better than firefox though, just needs bug fixes

or they could have just for d firefox. although theres probably more spaghetti (italian joke). they should try and reach out to palemoon and the like. maybe look at even getting tor involved

all firefox forks are garbage though
and anyone worth a shit in those developing orgs are already working on brave or were hired by jewgle lmao

so i just enabled multiprocess in ff but it feels different from google, in chrome i had 10 processes for 2 tabs but in ff i have 5 processes for 10 tabs, whats going on?

Firefox won't create a new process for each tab, some tabs are forced to share a process. They're doing this to avoid the RAM hogging problem that plagues Chrome. Also the multiprocess stuff is not finished yet, there might still be some parts that need to be rewritten before they can be detached from the main process.

is it safe to use it?

I don't care palemoon.org/

Who cares? Browsers are a giant fuckfest.

All kinds of insane shit is running in-browser now, and it's really not a suitable setup. Mind you, I'm fine with using web-tech for traditionally desktop applications, it just needs to be much better set up.

JavaScript is goddamn retarded. Optional semicolons in 2017? WTF. No multithreading? Lame.

I have to run install Session Buddy or else Chrome just forgets about the 50+ tabs I had open for various tasks when Windows decides to update and reboot.

>much better set up
>Optional semicolons
>No multithreading
Web Assembly soon™