Tfw ve.ga is shaping up to be the greatest graphics card of all time

>tfw ve.ga is shaping up to be the greatest graphics card of all time
>tfw NVIDIA placed their bets on a German car company that is famous for over-engineering (the Kraut way)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjhmbnCf81k&t=304s
pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Radeon-Grafikkarte-255597/Specials/Vega-10-HBM2-GTX-1080-1215734/
youtube.com/watch?v=qBRaOorDgGU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ku5OMWYVKSs
youtube.com/watch?v=eNTAMApSlz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where is official specification?
AMD's site is piece of shit and I can't use it

>greatest graphics card of all time
>30fps with tearing in an AMD favored game engine

There needs to be an AMD vega sticky. Half of us don't care about this capitalistic bullshit. Consumerism is disgusting

Sorry Pajeet looks like you need to go back to the drawing board with your advertising campaign. AMD stock is in freefall. Time to seek new employment

>millisecond hiccup on an engineering sample with very unfinished drivers.

Yawn. Nvidia shills will find any molehill and make a mountain out of it.

It's always muh drivers muh optimization muh engineering sample with you poojeet reddit niggers. AMDead Rebrandeon is trash and I can't wait for it to go away forever. Fucking poorfag Indian-loving subhuman.

That's a lot of buzzwords. Do you have a shitposting script using Markov chains?

You should stop visiting reddit that much, user. You getting brain damaged.

>When your products have consistently had the same unresolved issues for so long that every criticism has become a buzzword

We don't have much of anything right now

youtube.com/watch?v=yjhmbnCf81k&t=304s

Greatest house fire of all time

> minus 0.02 in two hours
>free fall

They should give us dates and prices, shit would go crazy.

Still slower than a 1070, did you see those dips in the game demos? In those games a 1070 typically gets a constant 60+ FPS at 4k, Vega is struggling to get 60 average with 15-25 FPS dips

60 FPS is a buzzword user! You shouldn't support Chinese Jews!

Welcome to the computer industry where 1% is life and death, where nvidia and Intel always deliver 100℅ and AMD's 99 just isn't good enough to compute

>freefall
>down $0.03 as of 12:30pm

At least make an effort man.

Now with 30% more driver overhead!

Vega is so shit that arstechnica haven't bothered covering it, they'd rather cover a robot teddy bear

>1070 typically gets a constant 60+ FPS at 4k
How much does nvidia pay you? Everyone knows a titan XP is the minimum for 4k high settings gaming

It's almost as if different games have different graphical features, optimization and frame rates.

>t. Buttblasted Cuckvidiafag

DOOM vulkan is going to be one of the only heavily optimized games that'll work fine at 4k on a Fury X/1070

You dumbfuck piece of shit, the video with VEGA running DOOM was made last year with an engineering sample and using a modified FuryX driver.

Now GTFO and just come back when you're over 18 and learn how computing works, fucking retarded!

And before I forget, go back to Re.ddit.

There are very few modern games where you can get 4k 60 fps on a 1070 without turning down a lot of settings

Where's your proof? Oh right you don't have any.

not just that
the vents were also taped up
wouldn't be surprised if it was throttling due to heat

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

DELET THIS
REEEEEEEE

lmao worse performance than rx480!

pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Radeon-Grafikkarte-255597/Specials/Vega-10-HBM2-GTX-1080-1215734/

"Zu beachten gilt jedoch, dass erstens kein Vega-optimierter Treiber genutzt wurde, sondern einfach ein Fiji-Treiber mit ein wenig zusätzlicher Debugging-Arbeit."

which translates to

"Note, however, that first, no Vega-optimized driver was used, but simply a Fiji driver with a little additional debugging work."

it's a 1 millisecond dip you goof

>frames per second
>showing frame number per miliseconds

choose one

wow, put it in the fucking trash

Regardless of how you want to define it, it's an incredibly brief hiccup on an early prototype that doesn't even have its own set of drivers yet. The average fps looks good.

The cards on the floor running demos are engineering samples too.
Pretty decent performance, even if there is a hiccup here or there. Shows there plenty of performance to squeeze out.

Get a load of these mental gymnastics. Reminds of me of the "b-but it's just beta!" fags lmao.

>basic logic and facts
>"""mental gymnastics"""

Okay.

>s-stating that it's in beta is a f-f-fact!
>they'll f-fix it I swear!

LIKE CLOCKWORK

But it IS unfinished. They're still using Fiji drivers. If it was finished it would have it's own set of drivers.

Looking up 4K Doom benches, the demo actually doesn't make AMD look bad at all. The average frame rate in the one little area they showed was 70~
Min frame rate was something in the mid 30s, but its an engineering sample with early drivers.
Performance in the game varies a lot depending on area at 4k. Some places youtube reviewers briefly hit over 100fps, but the average for the Pascal Titan X seems to be just below 80, with minimum frame rates of 50~.

not even nvidia fanboys are this retarded

Must have been posted by a pajeet then

>it IS unf-f-f-f-fi-finished!
>they'll fix it I s-sw-swear!

BAHAHAHAHAHAH

>that pathetic maxwell titan x performance
has the gimping begun?

Doom graphics weren't maxed on that demo with Vega.

This
just wait 3 years for the drivers to mature, then you'll see nvidia crying

Also it looks like the number of titles playable at 60fps at 4k is still an extreme minority, and min frame rates here can really suffer.
I think 4k is still a gimmick.
1440p, more AA, freesync/gsync, and better frame rates still seems like the smart way to go.
Maybe resolution super sampling can work in a select few lesser intensive titles. I just wouldn't buy a 4K panel. It was way too lofty a goal for the industry to start shilling so early. Even 4K media is scarce, and the hype for 4K began years ago.

It was set to Ultra present, not Nightmare. Its in line with other reviews I checked too.

Nvidia is teaching advanced AI how to drive while AMD is tearing screens and doing 30 fps in a year old game.

>arstechnica haven't bothered covering it,
Arstechnica writes quality articles, not hype-train clickbait.

great point comrade.

Why is AMD using a toilet bowl full of diarrhea as their background?
Must be a statement about their products

>toilet bowl full of diarrhea as their background?
?

>amd pajeets hyping up next amd's POS

Wow I have definitely never seen this before

So you're telling me that amd isn't competent enough to put out a quality demo of their products and this is how they do things? Wow it almost reminds me of the quality of their products.

Which is exactly why they covered the Nvidia keynote.

You never see Nvidiots or Intel fanboys going "b-b-but you're just not looking at it right! Its just a beta!" when a new product is released

I wonder why...

This is true, but they get a little too pretentious most of the time.

>doom

This is gonna be the new ashes of singularity where people latch onto this one benchmark until the end of time, isn't it?

POO to LOO

It runs pretty well on even low end systems, just not at 4K. Though only a handful of games run well at 4K even with that ridiculous Titan X and an i7.
I actually didn't find too many 4K Vulkan DOOM benches. I think it'll probably be soon forgotten.

Is it because they both RARELY show some product in development?

Did you happen to forget Intel's presentation using VLC? Did you happen to forget the Nvidia drivers burning the GPUS?

For fuck's sake, you guys are retarded or have amnesia.

This is unbelievable!

At the moment, it's the only notable game with Vulkan properly implemented. The fact that it's a AAA title, and actually a good game doesn't hurt, either.

It's just an example of what every AAA game should strive for

here's an FX 8 core with an RX 480 running it at 4k ultra

youtube.com/watch?v=qBRaOorDgGU

>FX
>title literally says 6700k

Look I get it pajeet, but even AMD admits that bulldozer was shit

At least it's a decent game this time around and not just a talking piece for AMD.

It can't be slower than a 1070, that would mean it's slower than their 2015 flagship fury x which is nearly as fast as a 1070.

The next step down from the 1070 is their mid range 480, why would they release another 480 unless its like 100 bucks?

Soooo Vega confirmed for just being Polaris + HBM2 and a fancy memory controller?

>Vega is so shit that arstechnica haven't bothered covering it

Covering what? A teasing press release?

If it was finished they would have released the card months ago

Or they're just dedicated shitposters who will say anything for a shot at a few (You)s. They're not really concerned with the truth.

Why is that man spraying the soccer player in that pic?

was thinking of a different benchmark, but an FX 8 core doesnt bottleneck 60hz

He probably slid on his ass and got a friction burn.

Maybe AMD shouldn't be showing off their card if they don't have a production sample and production drivers.
AMD saying "engineering sample" and "modified [previous gen driver]" translates to "It's going to take 12-18 months before our card performs on par with its Nvidia counterparts"

It's been like this for years, there's no indication that this time will be any different.

We do have some slides of a Vega based Instinct card. Consumer versions will be faster (non ECC memory and higher clocks).

Woodscrews

Your probably too young to remember

>your
>calling others young

lmao

>AMD saying "engineering sample" and "modified [previous gen driver]" translates to "It's going to take 12-18 months before our card performs on par with its Nvidia counterparts"

It already does, though. The battlefront demo proves that pretty conclusively.

Depends on the game, Fx cpus do terrible some games and alright in one's that are properly multithreaded

Or maybe they're holding off because they know their product is so underwhelming it'll only cannibalize their current low/midrange offerings.

Don't act like such a snotty little child.
In case you hadn't noticed CES started today. AMD opened the day by giving a little preview of the arch while they have demo systems set up on the floor at CES running the hardware.
You're literally complaining because a company obliged fans with a preview.

Take a look at your posts, your shitty childish attitude, and ask yourself if a mentally healthy adult would actually talk like that in person. You need to grow up, kid.

Private demo for investors on ES silicon and debugging drivers does not = review benchmarks retard. Its like you know absolutely nothing about large silicone development.

Will Vega be coming to the 560 / 570 or is it only on high end meme chips?

>what is mobile posting

>The battlefront demo proves that pretty conclusively.

You mean the 30-40 second demo showcasing cruising through space in one of the best running games out there?
That wasn't a conclusive demo. A conclusive demo would be showing it running in a proper match with shit going on.

What? 5 series is vega

yeah but will it be ACTUAL Vega or rebadged Polaris on the 560 / 70

>AMD announces new mobos for Ryzen
>not a single high end mini ITX board

Whats the point?

Gee, someone sure is butthurt that other people aren't sucking their favourite hardware company's dick.

expanded.

>its 37FPS guys
*cough*

yeah right.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ku5OMWYVKSs

Further proving my point by acting like an immature brat isn't going to make you sound any better.

Polaris was a stopgap product (hence no big Polaris or tiny Polaris). Vega will cover low to high end.

That's good to hear, because I'm planning on a GPU upgrade in Q2.

>blames a phone for not knowing the difference between your and you're

L M A O

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

AMD needs to murder there entire gaming marketing team.

Polaris was entry level and mid range. The Vega GPUs are high end.

There will be scaled down versions for mobile and mod range (without HBM).

youtube.com/watch?v=eNTAMApSlz4

Here's an overclocked 1080 frequently dipping below 60 fps on endor (same map used in Vega demo) even when there's not much going on. Same settings and resolution except for FXAA, which is disabled, the Vega demo had it set to high.

Designing a chip with HBM PHY and a separate GDDR5 PHY would be a tremendous waste of die area and would bring unneeded leakage.
Unlikely. As far as AMD has stated there are two Vega designs coming, and both are high end.