Sup Forums confessions thread

I don't know what gentoo is, I only browse this board because it's default in clover for my phone, haven't programmed anything in my whole life and yesterday I bought and iPad. Not even kidding

I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out how to install arcg linux. Failed and couldn't sleep tonight.

I pretend web dev is trivial CSS flickering but I know in reality that it's hard to implement a distributed application that both scale performance while retaining data consistency using advanced caching like Varnish, load-balancing and proxies, CDNs such as Akamai etc

I know this because I used to work as a back-end web developer for several years, and I worked mainly in C++ because the web app was a long-running FastCGI process that had to interact with multiple server instances on remote hosts and usually a distributed database engine and still deliver a HTTP reply within microseconds. Never wrote a single line of HTML or CSS or even JavaScript.

But I still shitpost in /dpt/ and pretend that it's trivial, just to throw people off.

why do people say this it is so easy. just reaad and learn first/ during installation

Most Gentoo users haven't programmed a thing in their life either.

I work in IT but dont really know anything so i just use sqt to do everything

So, you don't even bother learning basic shit about the board, yet you come and shit it up by creating this pointless thread?
Please fuck off back to your board. You're the cancer that killed Sup Forums.

Not a Gentoo fag, but I seriously doubt this.

I don't know what the hell IBM does nowadays and I'm afraid to ask

I am very active in consumer technology threads

I don't think IBM wants to know what their worth in today's market is.... ;_;

As I said, the cancer that killed Sup Forums
Please kill me and then kill yourself

I use open source software because I believe people them for security and things but I don't participate in the checking.

Honestly this is fine for most large projects. Linux, Firefox, chromium, any major foss project have autists going through the code.
Some random scripts on GitHub, that's a different story.

just installed a floppy drive into my Ivy Bridge system with a 34 pin to usb adapter.

Feels good.

I like OOP and I think that people who actively hate OOP for bigger projects are lousy programmers.

I like C# and other Microsoft products aimed at developers. I also don't care about spying because Windows is sooo comfy I'm willing to trade my privacy for it.

niceです

>yesterday I bought and iPad
CANT EVEN SPELL CORRECTLY
please fuck off back to /fit/ chad

Im writing this from PC with Windows 10 Pro and I dont see any problems with it, as well as never experienced any of those problems Sup Forums keeps talking about (like, it never force updated itself, never reset settings - probably because I use it since after MS fixed that bug with update, dont have Skype and only had link to install it from the shop, which I removed and so on).

I start to think that all this trashtalk about Win 10 is one big meme from Sup Forums side.

This.

I've never tried gentoo, despite trying almost every other linux distro under the sun, yet I still tell people to install gentoo.

I fap to cracky chan even though I'm a newfag who wasn't around for the cracky saga. Also, I suck at C programming and I'm too lazy to do the programming challenge roll threads, cause I don't know what half the list is even about.

They throw money at mainframes, which are only used by old companies that bought into the mainframe meme back in the 70s and need the latest and greatest mainframes to keep up with their demand. It's all just legacy code. They thought the cloud meme would kill mainframes, but who the hell knows how that's gonna turn out.
t. Have to deal with mainframe programmers at my work.

>I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out how to install arcg linux.

I spent 3 days trying to install arch the first time. Because there was no wifi, there was no ethernet and no solutions in the wiki even though I had to read the whole thing because all the "help" I got was "read the wiki" which of course did not help at all.

Had to look at the systemd documentation and so on to get any help. Arch wiki is useless if you have any issues.

>why do people say this it is so easy.
They are trolling, they also always say "read the wiki" whenever you have a problem even when you have read the whole thing and even if no solutions is mentioned.

People who use arch goes from unhelpful fucks to blatantly evil fucks. At least even nazis and pedophiles help each other. Arch users don't.

I also do this even though I know it can be difficult and hard work.

IBM mainframes are fantastic tech though.. IBM have great talent working for them. I wish they started making laptops again.

I built a gaming pc and I actually play games on it
I own Razor products I bought myself(I bought them not just because they are razor products)
I unironically bought a 1070

I downloaded debian testing an hour ago and I'm too retarded to even start the installation

>I get black screen after GRUB, tried every solution and BIOS option it still doesn't work

I avoid debian... If I want some Desktop/laptop OS then I just use ubuntu. If I want a server then I just use CentOS or even redhat if I am not the one paying.

but ubuntu isn't very lightweight.

No it isn't.. I recently had to install something lightweight on a laptop and I just installed Manjaro i3wm. It is a rolling release though.

i have like 9 different wine profiles for games and software but still consider myself a linux purist

ahhaahaha you leave windows, but windows will never leave you.

I have two mechanical keyboards even though I can't touch type. I can barely clear 50wpm, with a following wind.

>consumer technology
I wish this nightmare could end.

I'm using Gentoo but I don't know C.

That really depends on how you qualify "programming a thing". Because I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Gentoo users have programmed quite a bit. Most of them before Gentoo and the rest after installing Gentoo. Maybe there's a small percentage that has never programmed, but I would expect most of them too to start programming something anything as a hobby.

Of course we're not talking about those who installed Gentoo in a virtual machine or once used it for a couple of days or something.

> I get black screen after GRUB, tried every solution and BIOS option it still doesn't work

Tried every solution but using "nomodeset" on the GRUB menu, right?

I work for a large Bank as an enterprise web developer using React and I'm perfectly fine with my life and content with most everything about my job.

You'll fit right in

I installed gentoo, but it felt like shit so I went back to Arch.

I don't have a mechanical keyboard, but through the year I developed my own typing style and a month ago decided to learn touch-typing. At best while touch-typing i get 90 WPM, while through the style I developed a 100 WPM. And I use about 5 fingers in total.

Windows is my primary OS because I still play vidya and when I try to install the one distro that I think looks kinda neat by default my l33t gamer mouse won't work.
I also bought into the soundcard meme and, like video cards, they've got no linux drivers