What tech related purchases has Sup Forums made or will make?

What tech related purchases has Sup Forums made or will make?

I'm gonna get a refurbished 2009 iMac for shitposting in 1080p

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ikMaC16gOjM
youtube.com/watch?v=pOfmgD121QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2YZo0-M6Pfo
youtube.com/watch?v=naA8w3C65Tc
devicespecifications.com/en/model/6cb73c1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shitposting in 1080p

what is this? 2006?

>he doesn't shitpost in 1440p

>2006
>1080p
Pretty much everyone used either CRTs or monitors capable of 720p maximum back then.

Most people are still on 1366 laptops

Apple doesn't refurbish computers that old. They consider that model "obsolete" and don't even make parts for it anymore.

My 2001 IBM CRT can still do 1920x1440 at 85hz

I'm a poorfag and pretty much every acceptable 1080p 21,5" display costs at least half of the amount I'll be buying the iMac for.

I buy it from a website that sells refurbished Apple products, even old Mac pros (the 2006 1,1s and older).

Has anyone even used CRTs in a serious manner after the year 2000?

Advertisements inbound

"Pro" gamers used CRTs over HDTVs because of no input lag, which was a problem with flat screen HDTVs back then and still is now on bigger displays

They're just repairing them with used parts from other dead macs then.

Apple cuts off OS support by date. Don't expect to run anything past 10.7 on it

how much are you getting your iMac for?

Why would you waste basically any money on a shitty machine like that?

?

Nothing.
Unless something breaks (which it probably will).

You know that the 2009 iMacs are still supported for Sierra?

I don't. I'm not buying a Windows computer after all

>1080p
>Word processing, YouTube and shitposting works perfectly fine
>not wincuck OS
>Even Sierra is supported
I see no problem there

Well have fun with the buggy OS and presumably a non Ssd Mac. The 2015 Mac I have to use at work (even with upgraded ssd) is SLOW as FUCK and frequently doesn't let me log in at all for whole days... Great user experience I must say

1920x1440, since like 2002

Yup, pop a SSD in it and it's awesome.

My 2005 Dell laptop had 1920x1200 on a 17" screen and it was fuckin DOPE. Is that retina-tier?

For work - I'm about to pick up 6 Dell PE R730's & 24 MD1140's.

For home - Thinking about picking up a GTX1070 and a pair of PE R620's to replace some lab stuff.

I watched videos and reviews of the performance and it works fine apart from the HDD, which's only drawback is that it has to spin up when put in use after spinning. ´

I'll link you a few videos if you don't believe me

And considering you 2015 mac, what are the specs?
They're selling a 1,6 GHz i5 iMac for 1.2 grand right now so your company just jewed themselves, because you can get the 2015 2,9 GHz model for just $150 more.

The yearly releases under Cook have made some Apple products less reliable

I may do that, but I'll get someone who will do that, because I'm a clumsy fuck and would probably break something on the display panel when removing it

Yeah, iMacs are a bitch.
I got a 2010 MacBook for bedposting and the thing is still flying, two SSDs in RAID0.
It's also in perfect condition, the owner got a new one after using it for a while (Applefags eh).

The older Mac line is still great, they fucked up after like 2014.

Ah, turns out not quite. Still dope for 2005.

ouch do you realize how short of a time thats gonna continue to work for?

Here are the links:
youtube.com/watch?v=ikMaC16gOjM
youtube.com/watch?v=pOfmgD121QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2YZo0-M6Pfo
youtube.com/watch?v=naA8w3C65Tc

One of them (or two idk) even uses an older iMac

Why?
If Sierra doesn't work even El Capitan is up to date and I'm buying it in nearly perfect condition

>bought a 2015 mac with an HDD in it (costs more and woldve been custom)
>im so incompetent some days i cant even log in
i would bet any amount of money if you zapped the PRAM your issue would disappear... if you werent just a shithead telling stories.

Why?

the components dont last forever, champ. many have acid inside and are volatile. also things like tin whiskers, dirty power, or just the fact that planned obsolescence is a huge huge factor.

the vendor did not intend for you to buy a 8 year old imac and use it for another 8 years with only a new SSD slapped inside. when it comes to apple, if you dont go along with the experience they dictate youre gonna have a bad time and miss out on all the benefits of their ecosystem

They also don't last forever in a Windows 10 PC with a Seagate HDD, but jokes aside, any hardware can break down on you. Same with software. There's a just works/doesn't work factor with both hardware and software that's different for everyone.

Why wouldn't I?

how much are you gonna waste on that pile of crap

>pile of crap
I'm not buying a Windows PC

>t. mactoddler

I bought this: devicespecifications.com/en/model/6cb73c1c

Bought a nice leather case for it on ebay.

I know it's nothing fancy but it works for me since I use public transport daily in my country and my commute to work is 30-40 minutes...

>t. mactoddler

what model #?
just curious if any normies are selling a similar model considering it a piece of junk

What the fuck is up with CRT retards, they don't know shit but act like they do.

>t. mactoddler

>t. mactoddler

>t.[insert company here][insert fanboi prefix here]

>2009 imac

kek, enjoy your massive coil whine from the monitor, turning up the brightness sounds like a tuning fork.

>LED display
>coil whine
wut?

>mac
>company

>[product of fanbois company]*

huh?

I bought a job lot of 5 Core 2 Quad Q8400's for £15 off gumtree, gonna upgrade some of my old Socket 755 computers. The guy did say they worked

>Gumtree
stolen

It has more GB than what's fine for phones, so you shouldn't have any problems

its not hard to do at all

unless you are a clumsy fuck

I managed to fuck up switching my iPhone 5's (5, not 5S) broken display. They actually sent me another one and now I have my old, broken display and two other displays that don't work

iiyama ProLite X4071UHSU-B1 & MX300 525Gb

Do you like it, user?

I'm posting this from and early 2008 MacBook Pro I just stuck in the oven earlier today. I also drilled holes in the bottom for added ventilation and I'm forcing the fans at full speed.