/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Sup Forums?
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/9648811/specific-difference-between-bufferedreader-and-filereader
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12512136
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is thinkpad a good laptop choice for programming?

thinkpad is a programming language, idiot

Jesus, you were slow on the trigger:

Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition

There's no anime in the OP?

thinkpad is a language..

The one thing I can't accept is bad keytravel and that seems awfully thin

are you guys retarded? I want to legitimately beat the shit out of both of you.

Fucking get over it.
I prefer to have the "standard" picture posted myself, but unless they pre-post the thread, or post something REALLY fucking stupid, there is no point trying to fragment this shit further.
There are fucking 4 threads up at the moment.

So don't fragment it by posting non-anime

I'm currently making a program (with java) that will store encrypted passwords and decrypt them for the user. I was thinking that a text document would be an easy way to store these, but I don't know how to retrieve them once they're in that document. Can I get some help on storing/retrieving strings in java for the user?

BufferedReader / FileReader my mans.

Where can I find more information on this my guy

Any esoteric but useful and interesting languages yet?

stackoverflow.com/questions/9648811/specific-difference-between-bufferedreader-and-filereader

Practice makes perfect. Are you comfortable with searching through class methods and I/O?

I'm not totally familiar but I'm sure I could figure it out with some documentation. Does it just basically involve using a target file to place data in?

anyone?

Brainfuck Lang news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12512136

Stop bumping this invalid thread, you fucking idiots.

Forgive me for continuing the conversation that I was having with someone instead of switching threads and hoping that he sees, you fucking asshole.

This isn't really a programming question, so I apologize
I wrote a script that simply finds all the posts on a board with upwards of 100 replies
Will I get banned for posting my findings on the respective boards?
I know it's off topic, but it is pretty eye opening for the under-moderated boards

You'd be better off asking on >>/qa/ my friend.
I don't see why you would be banned, as long as it's not botspam you're doing a service to the mods

you could be the guy to help us out over at Sup Forums

anime is degenerate, fuck off