Other urls found in this thread:

launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/ archive/ubuntu/pkppa
01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/intel-graphics-update-tool-linux-os-v2.0.3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck linux, going back to windows 10 now

and this too, "regression in linux kernel" my ass

Should of installed Gentoo

>trying to install actual graphics drivers in a VM
thanks for laughs. I love laughing at retards.

Just install Gentoo already.

>singular problem happens
>gives up

You aren't even prepared to run MacOS OP. How did you find your way to Sup Forums?

>distro meant to just work doesn't let you do something dumb by default
>it will still let you do it if you really want to
>this is somehow a problem

You added an incorrect ppa
>cd .usr/lib/nux
Kek

>starts typing every command I see on the internet
>don't have a clue about what I'm doing
>shit breaks
>blame the OS
Oh we get it you are a genius of our time, oh please mister, go back to Windows to be productive, we need minds like yours to improve the world!

Is this a loonix user parodying a winfag?

We can only hope this is some shitty bait and there isn't some disabled ape as dumb as OP.

you, actually tried to install YOUR COMPUTER DRIVERS on a VIRTUAL MACHINE?
user, if you don't know what computers are just stick to windows, please.

>updating from a freetard repo
>ever "secure"
They have literally no incentive NOT to pwn you. The only way they make money is by stealing your credit cards.

>Install windows 10
>No network drivers so need to use another computer to get the drivers.
>Update takes forever.
>Install the drivers from windows update.
>No sound.
>Search the driver from the manufacturer's site.
>Ok, no problem.
>Suspiciously high storage drive usage.
>Processes using high amount of resources for no reason.
>Forced updates, give up trying to customize it because the updates sets the defaults again.
>No more possibility to know what are the updates about.
>Error messages are not useful.
>Must uninstall crap often but gets installed again.
>Cannot disable cortana.
>Pretty obvious i don't control my OS.
>Read MS privacy statement.
>Fuck this shit.
>Install windows 7.
>No drivers, must hunt them this time.
>mfw i read that MS is issuing updates that backports W1's bullshit to windows 7.
>mfw i must use third party programs and be careful with the updates to protect myself from my own software provider.

>At some moment got interested into looking for other software providers.
>Don't want to buy hardware and hackingtosh seems a fucking hassle so don't care about apple for the moment.
>Download ubuntu mate installation media.
>Try to boot but get black screen.
>Literally first google result tells me how to start with nomodeset and how to install the proprietary nvidia drivers.
>Proceed to install.
>reboot.
>Start again with nomodeset.
>Update OS (extremely fast compared to windows) and install nvidia drivers from a GUI.
>reboot.
>mfw everything works, no need to search for drivers.
>discovers dolphin, youtube-dl, clementine, playonlinux, kdenlive, krita, etc.
>Comfy as fuck.
>Discover my previous MS office documents don't work fine always.
>Read about the problem and discovers MS issued an standard they don't respect and no one know how it got approved something like that.
>Around half of my steam games are not avilable on linux.
>Read about it and discover how closed technologies can work as lock-in mechanism.
>mfw going back to windows would be like begging to be mistreated.
>mfw i would be actively supporting to make worse this situation.
>nope
>Use my computer normally but try to save my documents in open formats when possible to avoid being locked out from them and try to reward those developers who uses a multi-platform approach.

>being a retard
>blaming linux for that

Hi OP, use this ppa instead:
launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/ archive/ubuntu/pkppa

No need to thank me, in fact thanks to you for creating this thread to help to break some myths about linux. However consider the following: This is something you could have found on google, if you have a real problem and you want actual help go to the /sqt/ or the /fglt/, ask politely and follow the rules, you’ll not get someone willing to help you in a meaningful way being passive-aggressive

This

>he forgot the public key
go back to MacOSX junior

Y-- You know what you did wrong, right?

That... that's a virtual machine, OP. You don't install your computer's drivers in a virtual machine.

I think even Windows is too much for you, OP. You have no use for anything besides a web browser and video games, everything else is way over your head. Just get a Mac.

This, it's in the instructions:
01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/intel-graphics-update-tool-linux-os-v2.0.3

>That... that's a virtual machine, OP. You don't install your computer's drivers in a virtual machine.
True, but regarding the mesa drivers i'm pretty sure they all can be installed and it's only loaded the one that's needed, that's why if you take your hard disk from one motherboard to another different one usually you don't need to do anything to make it work unless you need the nvidia proprietary drivers. It's pretty sweet. Still you're right regarding he trying to install the intel drivers in the virtual machine unless he's trying to clone the installation to a drive later.

whoag i was actually right
I don't know about computers i was just shitposting

>Ubuntu
>Linux

This is 10x easier then Windows to fix because you can just copy/paste that big error message into google to solve that shit.

Windows would force you to retype it like some kind of animal.

You are a retard, that's the problem here.

You're trying to install the actual graphics drivers for your desktop or laptop or whatever into a VM. unless you specifically expose this (through some form of passthrough) You're going to run into issues. The graphics driver is for a virtual graphics card, and is already installed. Linux isn't the problem here. OP being retarded is the problem here.

You stupid fucking monkey.

I'd just like to interject for a moment...

Fuck off Stallman we already know.

You are already using Windows 10. You're running a VM. You're fooling no one. Also,

My sides, somehow I completely missed the VM wrapper on first look.

VMWare has it's own driver... You don't install the Intel graphics driver. Also the intel graphics driver in the kernel is developed by Intel engineers and you don't really need to install Intel's drivers unless you are running into a problem.

It's over. OP got BTFO and won't reply.
/thread

don't forget about bump because the fucking winshills just spam threads to spread bullshit about competing operative systems, gets REKT and then they just create another thread with the same bullshit that was already disproved. Repetition has an effect on the people who doesn't care about research and microsoft is a well known company for taking advantage on people's ignorance.

>Rafal

Street shitters please go

I tried Win10 on a netbook and it was completely unusable. It spent hours at a time with the CPU and disk completely saturated and could barely open wikipedia. The same machine is a perfectly viable device in Ubuntu with XFCE.

It's just baffling.

Fucking this.

I was fed up with Windows 10, and ended up switching to Ubuntu. I had some hardware compatibility issues, and random errors, plus I thought the OS was ugly as fuck, and Unity is garbage. I got frustrated and switched back to Windows. I quickly got frustrated with Windows again and switched back. It was rough at first, but you learn as you go, and eventually feel comfortable.

i switched about a month ago for good, no more windows. even though i agree that ubuntu is kind of ugly....i'm starting to feel real comfy with how much i can customize anything i want. i love being able to find a program to do anything i want, open source and free. fuck you windows, fuck you .exe's, fuck you shitty download sites like cnet. almost every god damn time i needed a program to do a small task or specific task in windows it was either PAY US $60 or download some fucking malware from CNET.

>Uses Linux in a VM
>Tries to install drivers
>complains

You are a brainlet, exactly the demographic that windows 10 is for. Don't install Linux, you need to be kept under surveillance and only windows 10 comes with spyware hard-coded into it

Low quality bait.

Also
>rafal@ubuntu
>trying to run Borderlands 2

Wow. A spic with shit taste in games.

Easy fix: Get the fucking PUBKEY you dumb wimp.

>Installing actual graphic drivers in a virtual machine

Why are wintoddlers so dumb? Specially toddlers that use windows 10? Legit question here,,,

just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Not everyone has the time to learn how to use an OS like linux from nothing just for "muh privacy"

It's extremely jarring to go from windows to linux without having ever touched linux.

LOL it tells you not to check certificate and then add their key once you do so.

In your OP image you are getting errors which say that no certificate was found.

>can't follow a guide
>waaaah linux sucks :(

Maybe Mac OS X is for you.

Yes, OP, linux is just a meme for nerds and hobbyists to proud themselves of their amazing skills of wasting time, endlessly tweaking an os.

What would you expect from an os made by amateurs?

dude theres a writen rule: Onli open source drivers.
Intel meme software and other meme specific software cant keep up with the update cicle of linux distros and will fail

You're almost as retarded as OP.