/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

babelsoft.net/products/mediapreview.htm
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
support.purevpn.com/how-to-turbo-charge-your-vpn-speed
sourceforge.net/projects/macbbdemux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I restricted some applications running through Group Policy, but every time one of these apps run I get this popup message. How do I disable this popup message while still blocking the apps?

Just got done doing a fresh install of windows after getting a new motherboard, CPU, and Ram and the temps have me a bit worried.

Should I be worried? On my last setup they never went above 40C most of the time.

I'm also downloading the windows update shits because it seems like there's a lot of functionality missing from my computer.

My trusty Nexus 5 which worked without issues on the same old cm11 rom for 2 years shat itself this morning. It rebooted without reason and apparently app configurations for most non system apps were lost, it was low on space (dunno if that had anything to do) and now had about .5gb extra free. The real problem is wifi won't work now, if I reflash the kernel zip from recovery it works again for a while but dies a few minutes after, staying greyed out. This seems to be a semi common issue with this phone and there are like 20 possible fixes so im asking here first. Anyone had this problem before? I have my original efs backup and mac address noted down, im rooted too, currently backing up everything to reflash rom in hopes it works.

Also anyone here uses Colornote? there are some things i'd really like back but there's nothing were autobackups should be, on phones with fat32 filesystem you could just run recuva and have a chance of recovery but this is the first time I have something like this happen on android on whatever filesystem it uses, any app for this?

XFX RADEON RX 480 GTR 8 GB or Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 Fury 4GB for 1440p gaming

How do I enable gpu rendering for mpv?

what kind of case is this fantastic piece of kit contained in

i need to jerk off to it

Is there a way to have visual studio include certain header files automatically so I don't have to keep typing them in every time I start a new project?

>tfw poorfag

why do no vendors make ssl vpn clients for linux?

forgot pic

Wat? Gnu/Linux have support for all the big vpn technologies.

Should I cancel my internet service and live a life of isolation?

With Vim, how do i set it to where it will register RGB hex values with a color scheme?
Any time i try to use them it defaults back to a Vim color macro

im a dummy.
gvim.exe not vim.exe

>I have a computer with Windows 8.
>It sucks.
>I don't want to download Win10 because apparently you can't choose not to download updates.
>I don't want Linux because I play vidya.
>Windows7 will stop supporting most things in near future, and some things will probably stop working if I downgrade.

What do?

I wouldent really call it stupid , but anywho.. I have a few "unlimited" LTE plans , and I recently noticed they were slowing some of the traffic on one of my lines when I "tether".. Supposedly, more modern Android OSs have added a "feature" that reports to the carrier if the phone is tethering , and what kind of user agent it has. Anyone know more about this? I need to completely remove it from my os, fuck that shit.

Also, if that doenst work, is there any way I could get around this if I were to pick up a sierra wireless and set it up to route my data through a VPN?

Anyone else here use their phone line as their main connection to internet? I live out in the middle of nowhere , so it is really my only option.

download 8.1

what would i have to upgrade to make thumbnails on my computer for videos and images load faster?

Assuming your os is installed on the SSD, you're good. Just get Klite codec pack

I think Comcast is throtteling me connecting to VPN servers. I get like 2mb down on a torrent, but then when i connect to a VPN (I tried 2, bolehvpn and cactusvpn) the speed goes to absolute shit. Speedtest gives me 10mb down ordinarily, but then when on a vpn it gets down to fucking .5mbps.

Any way to work around this?

(only fast speed provider in my area so inb4 change ISP)

Windows 7 will probably work fine for ya. If not, it's really easy to go back to 8. You could also use a tool like classicshell to make 8 more like 7. And in 10 you can disable updates with a registry tweak or tools like ultimate tweaker

yeah i installed os on the ssd, made the mistake of installing some programs on their too because i didn't see the customize button. oh well, i uninstalled the programs now, reinstalled on the non ssd drive. ssd is only for the os.

this may be another stupid question, but install the klite codec pack on the sata drive, correct?

Try changing VPN type (lt2p vs openVPN) and try connecting to different sever locations

i did

didnt help

im changing the ports right now but still nothing

Presumably all of your drives are sata. But I would install any small programs utilities to the SSD. Ideally all your programs would go on there, but since you're strapped for space you have to make judgement calls.

anything to view webm thumbnails on windows 7

Is there

Any reason to do dual 140mm radiator instead of just one

I just want my 6700k at 4.6-7 GHz

Is it bad if my monitor is making a popping noise every so often ?

By popping noise, it just sounds like the plastic stand and its screws move when the room is cold. I can't tell though, but it's plastic-y.

babelsoft.net/products/mediapreview.htm

Also, don't use vlc

Is windows update still broken for 7 SP1 updates? How do you download them for offline installation before-hand :>

Skip babelsoft, just finish installing klite

Install Ubuntu. Assess quality of life afterward.

Hey folks, I'm a reborn weaboo (I got back into anime) and vlc just doesn't work anymore. I wont install mpv because Sup Forums circlejerks over it too much.

What codec pack should I install for mpchc? I hear the main ones are cccp, klite, and kawaii. Which of these are best for a one time config, just works experience?

Heres a question, I installed foobar with columns UI.
I have a nice layout now, but is there a way to add music folders by dragging and dropping into the genre/artists/album panel instead of having to file>preference>media library>add ?

Foobar just keeps making new playlist for every folder being added. Thanks in advance Sup Forums!

pastebin.com/quC0gz4j

Making an acceptable streamline installation is kind of a pain in the ass. If you went that rout, you'd probably just want to use one of the premade disks from mydigitallife, but as a general rule I try to avoid windows installs I haven't put together myself

PLS RESPOND

>2mb down on torrent
>put on vpn
>FUCKING 100 BYTES A SECOND YOU FOOKEN KIDDEN M8

klite

I have a really simple problem, but it seems like it requires a complex solution. I can't think of it, but I really need assistance.

>notice the "N" in the word "New"

I'm trying to find a way to change the color of only part of the letter in any kind of desktop publishing application. Is there a way to edit the color of Times New Roman font rather than the whole letter?

>I'm trying to get the effect of that N in the word New, where it contrasts like that in black and white in this particular font

Can someone figure out a solution? Thanks.

fonts don't have color

they are a set of vectors

but you could find a way to have a rectangle overlay which reverses the colors in that given area like your image

Torrents don't always work very well on VPNs. It depends on a lot of factors. Try checking out forums for your vpn or emailing support. They might have a solution for you, and they should know the specific technical issues of your situation better than anyone. If all else fails try checking with comcast and see if they are limiting traffic.

im using some random ass livechat thing on here:
support.purevpn.com/how-to-turbo-charge-your-vpn-speed

so far all they've asked me to do is change dns settings to opendns IP, try different protocols, different ports, etc

to no avail thus far...

guess i call comcast tomorrow ;-;

>but you could find a way to have a rectangle overlay which reverses the colors in that given area like your image
How exactly? I have no clue.

Is it possible with the "text box" feature in Microsoft Word? I will have to get Word to do it though, I can't see it right now.

>How exactly? I have no clue.
I don't know your situation lmao

some things you just have to figure out yourself

Should I go with standard or mega?

Yo guys, I bought a G502 mouse on Black Friday from Fry's for $25 but since then they've sent out an email saying they have no definitive date for delivery and that I can cancel my order at anytime.

Is there any poorfag gaming mice for under like $15 bucks you guys would recommend? Not looking for anything too crazy as far as dpi needs but would definitely prefer a bigger mouse with nice ergonomics.

Standard. I usually go with basic, but I like installing my own variant of MPC-HC

No clue how to coherently ask this, but are there any ways to find people on social media who may be under a sock account or different name? Need some way to limit guesswork.

Trying to contact someone, but they seemingly don't fucking exist on the internet outside of POSSIBLY Whitepages. I don't need a goddamn apartment address.

Is there a script to make me win an Ebay auction

Ok, thanks I just figured it out. It was actually pretty easy once you mentioned "rectangle overlay." I'm using Open Office right now, so it seems like it has that text box feature like in Microsoft Word. That's how I did it, it works. Thanks, your reply helped me figure it out.

use icaros for webm thumbnails. just activate it at start up and before shutting down deactivate it. everytime you turn on the computer you have to do this though

there is none for under 15

Tried babelsoft, icaros and klite. Klite is the most reliable, lightweight and easy to set up.

klite doesnt generate thumbnails for webms

Kaby Lake or Ryzen

My ass.

i just installed it on 2 computers. i had to install icaros to get thumnails working for webms.

I was shocked while wearing my headphones and on my computer. Now my computer doesn't play sound. Only was I can is by turning it up to 100, but even then it comes out distorted. Did I fry something on my mobo?

>1% or vaporware

You're already dead.

This is hell.

can someone recommend a program like super for demuxing and muxing? please dont recommend ffmpeg, i'd like something easy to use with a gui

You ask people that know them how to contact them, you know, how people have done it for hundreds of thousands of years?
Goddamn kids these days.

I'm not...

ffmpeg

Please explain.

>i'd like something easy to use with a gui
sourceforge.net/projects/macbbdemux/

There you go, a nice friendly GUI to save you from scary typing.

Thats the way I like it.

This dude's a shut-in and I have very limited background info, partly why I have this problem.

kaby lake is 1% faster than skylake
ryzen has no release date

Thank you, you're alright user.

Works for me.

You're not what?

Write a function called digit_sum that takes a positive integer n as input and returns the sum of all that number's digits.

What am I trying to do? Why isnt this working

i dont understand then. i was using vlc before installing klite. i installed the mega version of klite. restarted, still not showing webms. installed mpc-hc, still not generating webms. what do? how do i troubleshoot this shit?

because you're trying to offset a single character with a char.

for i in "nigger dicks":
each iteration will make i equal to that character
n
i
g
etc

Remove the [n] put just i

Is it worth it to take the network+ and the ccna or should I just skip on the network+. Also is the a+ worth it? From what I have looked up it isn't really valuable but still has its merits.

If you had a version of MPC-HC installed before, make sure you let the installer remove it and it's settings

Don't fail your exam on Monday. :^)

Where is the UEFI boot list actually stored?

I have an Assrock Extreme3 Gen3 and even when deleting all EFI system partitions, they still show in the boot options in the uefi settings, albeit they don't seem to work. Clearing CMOS removes them, is it stored in the CMOS?

Install geeeeentoooooo

good phone for GSM?
tired of the fucking asus zenfone I thought faggot ass ASUS would make a good phone but after 1.3 years and two RMA's I'm done, I keep it in such good condition and shit and now it randomly won't turn on when it was sitting nicely on my desk..

i forgot if i had one installed before. should i remove the klite codec plus mpc and do a fresh install of both?

It's stores entries in a flash chip on board the motherboard.
The UEFI just scans EFI partitions for bootable systems, and adds them to the list.
It depends on the system, some are cleared on CMOS reset, some are cleared on "default settings"

Are these good frequencies?

Right, mine didn't reset them on "default settings", so when I cleared CMOS, with the convenient button in the back, it worked.

Thanks

/spg/ might be a better place to ask, but you can get answers here.
For anyone to help you though we need to know your budget and whey features (screen size, speakers, etc).

delete the apps instead of blocking them through GPO

why is gaming and poor always used together

vo=opengl-hq

^ that in the config file, or vo=tct if you want to watch from inside a terminal

Can I really get more out of an old smartphone (Samsung Galaxy from 2011) when I put a new ROM on it?
I don't really use smartphones so I don't really know where to ask.

because you have confirmation bias

How can I build AUR packages I git clone from AUR without installing additional dependencies? A.K.A I want to create an independent package cleanly without having to install a bunch of dependencies on my system.

was no smartphone general up

I'm just gonna get a $40 phone from wal mart in the morning and wait for the new ZTE and see how it does

don't really have a budget I make good money, I think it's worth me to get aynthing above $100 now since they can't even last a few months or is that just the zenfone? It was my first smartphone, all my other crap lasts 10 years without issues...

I think you want --assume-installed. See pacman -Sh.
Either way, I don't understand what your goal is. The package won't work without those dependencies, so having it installed is worthless.

Remove your current klite, then let klite remove mpc-hc itself