I'm literally done with GNU/Linux

I'm literally done with GNU/Linux.
Had Win10/Ubuntu16.04 computer, tried to upgrade Ubuntu 16.04 to 16.10. Update utility crashed. All my Ubuntu partition is fucked. Can't go to Windows 10 partition because MBR was overwritten with Grub. Literally tried everything to restore MBR, nothing worked. Had to format all my Windows 10 partition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qHGTs1NSB1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice blog, where can I subscribe?

You're an idiot, why didn't you just reformat the Ubuntu partition and reinstall grub

>ubuntu
>windows 10
found your problems

What os should I use?

Arch

install gentoo

First off, dual booting on a single HD is shit and often leads to problems no matter what OS combo you're using. I always recommend 2 separate drives. Second, why the fuck did you upgrade to 16.10 anyway? Why not wait until 17.04? Upgrading every few months has no major benefit whatsoever. This is not a Linux issue, it's an Ubuntu issue. You should have let it be, user.

>Arch
Isn't that just an ironic joke on Sup Forums?
No professional uses Arch Linux

>fell for gnu/linux
>2017

You deserve this, retard!

>Literally tried everything to restore MBR, nothing worked.

So you used a Windows 10 install disk to fix the MBR? I don't think you did.

stay away from linuks, its a meme people trying to force here

If you like Ubuntu I'd say go with Xubuntu or Mint. They will be familiar enough that you will feel comfortable with them. They are based on Ubuntu, but are not entirely the same. They tend to work better than the official version of Ubuntu. Mint is the most different of the two, and imo is more polished than Xubuntu. Cinnamon is a nice desktop, but I still prefer Xfce to it (actually Fluxbox is what I mainly use these days). Xubuntu uses it as a default, but Mint offers a version that does too. If you like eye-catching you'd probably prefer Cinnamon anyway though.

If you aren't just dead-set on Ubuntu, try some others out. Manjaro isn't perfect, but it's an OK beginner Distro. I prefer it slightly over Mint. It is based on Arch, which is why I found it appealing. I thought that Arch was the Distro I wanted to eventually use. It's not really the same experience though, and won't really make moving to Arch later any easier really. It's meant to be user friendly like Ubuntu, so you aren't really encouraged to use the terminal or take a more hands on approach like in Arch. For what it's worth I ended up hating Arch, but would probably still use Manjaro if I didn't have Slackware and OpenBSD. OpenBSD is actually my favorite OS, but it's not one I'd recommend to most people.

If you don't need or desire to use proprietary software at all, Fedora is solid. It's pretty user friendly too, provided you stick with free software. If you need proprietary software then you will be made to jump through hoops to get it installed and working.

>Wintoddler crawling back to M$
You're probably too stupid for Linux.

fucking moron.

Don't ever upgrade to a new OS, always do a clean install of the new OS, whether it's Windows or Ubuntu

>not having a separate harddrive for your linux install
baka senpai

>no professional uses Arch

I'm at work right now, this is my desktop they provided me with. The IT guys installed Arch on the computers.

Not a good idea to upgrade an OS.
Also, you wento from stable to unstable.

>this is my desktop they provided me with
so even your employers spend all day ricing their gay DE's on arch?

Everyone are turning gay these days, you should join

>DE
>rice
You're dumb

good riddance.

Nigger you never upgrade Windows, you certain don't do it for Linux because it creates a mess of config files.

You always clean install. You just load the Ubuntu ISO on a USB and select your existing Linux partitions to install, it will automatically erase and create fresh partitions for 16.10.

Go away, George Soros

>MBR was overwritten with Grub

Well you should have read the manual because those aren't even the same kind of thing and the GRUB can't "overwrite" the MBR. That's like comparing your car's tires and the act of turning the wheel and saying that they're both things in the same category you retard. Learn what things actually are because you blindly attempt to do shit you don't understand dumbass.

>I laugh at OP problems.
You didn't RTFM and fucking back up your shit.

>being a tech illiterate
>it's the OS fault

>Can't access AUR repos without working on a project to literally build pacaur
>Can't install shit on a vanilla Arch install

dropped

apt/ppa is most user friendly way of using Linux.

you don't rice a DE you faggot, you just change the theme.

what the fuck are you even talking about

you can just add the yaourt repository and install yaourt. That's the most user-friendly way to access the AUR, and still a hell of a lot more convenient than hunting for a new PPA every time you need a program.

>to stupid to use AUR
how many times did your parents drop you?

default ubuntu repos have 90% of the software and themes you need. in 17.04 that is going to increase further. adding/removing packages is much easier with synaptics/apt. I have used Arch, it is a mediocre distro.

With snap it will be better

typical noobuntu niggers talking shit on something thay have no clue about

Debian/Ubuntu is the official distro for Linux and most popular.

And windows the most popular os, what's your point?

Simplicity and user friendly software attracts people. It makes the experience and effort worthwhile.

Arch is not even used on servers which is the primary role of the Linux kernel. Debian/BSD/Redhat is the server standard.

Why does it even exist?

You sure about that?
youtube.com/watch?v=qHGTs1NSB1s

>official distro

nice bait

From the Steam download page.

>the official distro for linux
what the fuck?

>this is how retarded winbabies are
>not knowing that steam works fine on arch/gentoo/void

back to retard

I doubt this.