Is this worth using frequently?

Is this worth using frequently?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature#Categorizing_different_lighting
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Placebo meme.

yes, it's great

Only if you're under a blanket with a phone. Else turn on a light...

why you bother with this filter overlay bloatware?
your monitor can adjust its brightness, gamma, rgb ratio by itself

nonfree pig disgusting

use reshift

Sure, but I'd like not to do it all the time.

In any case I'm just asking for solutions. Better lighting seems to be a better option. Any recommendations? Currently have a desk lamp directly facing the screen I'm working on.

It was working fine at first then I started noticing 40% CPU usage and fan screaming. Mouse lag and jitter in my display. Turns out flux was the cause of all this commotion.

how good is it? does it have UI and gps like flux?

you have that functionality built in

Redshift integrates in GNOME and KDE and maybe other desktops. You can tell it your location, not sure about GPS.

It's worth using it every time you sit on a computer, except when you do 'color-sensitive' work. It ain't placebo it simply lowers the level of blue light on your screen and highers the warmer colors. Blue light(color) has been proven to have tiring effect on the eyes. Gl

No
It's better to have a consistent 6500k 120cd/m2 calibration.
Poor people without hardware to calibrate properly are pitiable but wrong.

Every cheap monitor has profiles that you can change with a click or two...

Holy shit, it's literally a neckbeard meme if loonix has it built in, topkek.

I quit using it 5 months ago and just last month I started getting a headache behind my eyes after being on my computer for 5 hours or so.

I replaced the fluorescent lights in my room with warm yellow ones, reinstalled it and have it set to halogen all the time and I haven't got the headache behind my eyes since.

It isn't a meme, if your eyes hurt when staring at your monitor for a while turn down brightness, get some lights in your room, and turn on flux. It just helps.

f.lux doesn't even work on Linux with Nvidia anymore. It's still broken after Nvidia started using more bits in a new driver.

Redshift all the way!

>literary thinkpad users who can't afford to turn a light on

More like they don't have a brightness key because their arch drivers fucked up the brightness controll

TOPKEK

Buy proper lightning for your site instead.

Redshift operates on the level of X, so it integrates into any desktop environment or window manager.

It uses Geoclue, which deduces your location from your IP, so it doesn't need GPS.

For browsing memes and watching videos, yes.
If you need to do any work, no.

Speak for yourself.

I like to code at night. With Redshift, I can keep going for much longer without my eyes getting tired.

Yet too poor to buy a lamp

It's not worth using ever. It's shit made for retards.

you know that's a meme invented by lamp salesmen right

This

Use twilight for phones. It does a better job. I see no point in using it on PC.

if you dont like having lights on at night then yes i think its worth it. also if you dont have gunnars... i mean of course you do right...? right annon?

I liked the part where you didn't control any variables

That's the thing, I WANT to stress my eyes when doing work so that I end up focusing on completing the work quickly.

Artificial lighting has a different color temperature than sunlight. The whole point of f.lux and Redshift is that they compensate for that difference.

It's not something you use instead of lamps, but *in combination with* lamps.

>Artificial lighting has a different color temperature than sunlight.
Exactly, you don't want to emulate sunlight. The whole point of turning on a lamp instead of fucking up your screen.

>what is brightness adjust

It works for me.

Will that software automatically change the colors based on time of day and time of year? Will it temporarily change to full white light during a 1 hour timer?

>you don't want to emulate sunlight
Which is why f.lux and redshift match the color temperature of your lamp, instead of trying to emulate sunlight, like your monitor does with default settings.

>what is brightness adjust
What is color temperature

>instead of trying to emulate sunlight, like your monitor does with default settings.
Oh, you mean like the blue light? Don't worry, monitor settings or flux won't help you with that, it comes straight from the backlight and there's nothing you can do except lower the brightness or turn on a lamp so your eyes don't get strain on them.

f.lux or redshift only make it seem like it's easier on the eyes, you're still getting the blue light like sunlight from it, in dark places turn on a lamp to cancel out the effects of the screen

Lowering brightness or turning on a lamp will not make your monitor any less blue. Color compensation will.

>Will that software automatically change the colors based on time of day and time of year?
Yes.

>Will it temporarily change to full white light during a 1 hour timer?
What.

>Will it temporarily change to full white light during a 1 hour timer?

kek

>f.lux or redshift only make it seem like it's easier on the eyes
What does that even mean?

>in dark places turn on a lamp to cancel out the effects of the screen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature#Categorizing_different_lighting