pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp

>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-lite-l-combo-rgb/
aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-Black-Grey-mixed-Thick-PBT-104-87-61-Keycaps-OEM-Profile-Key-caps-For-MX/32741729615.html
aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-White-Grey-mixed-Thick-PBT-104-Keycaps-OEM-Profile-Key-caps-For-MX-Mechanical-Keyboard/32719097438.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.mP5iou
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1659
personal-media.co.jp/retail/utronkb/info.html
deskthority.net/workshop-f7/another-custom-split-hand-topre-board-need-your-input-t14769.html
aliexpress.com/item/White-Black-Gray-Orange-Green-Yellow-Blank-Thick-PBT-OEM-Profile-62-Key-ISO-61-ANSI/32727885210.html
aliexpress.com/item/104-108-Blank-PBT-Keycap-White-Black-Pink-Blue-ect-Color-For-OEM-Cherry-MX-Switches/32738349818.html
aliexpress.com/item/PBT-108-key-Blank-Retro-white-grey-OEM-hight-MX-switches-Keycaps-for-wired-USB-Mechanical/32754080911.html
banggood.com/APP-Control-Anne-PRO-Blue-Red-Switch-RGB-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-1064055.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not ergonomic enough

Here user.

Are otemu switches okay?

I've not tried them personally, but I'm sure they are. Even cheap mech boards will last for a while, it just might not be the most comfortable and the qc will probably be nonexistant, so you could have a real difference in switch feeling throughout the board.

Just get Gaterons

Cherry MX a shit. Gaterons/zealios, alps and topre are way better.

>zealios
nice try, but I ain't buying your shit switch

They're no longer wobbly like that m8.

even if that's true it doesn't excuse previously sold products

go back to redd!t, don't bring your hugbox culture here

I'm telling you because I have them in my hands right now. They're not any more wobbly than cherry MX switches. I don't care to keep up with internet drama about keyboard shit of all things.

not quite dactyl level, but yeah, this is pretty nice.

Is doubleshot ABS not as bad as other ABS? All those redditfags keep buying those overpriced doubleshot ABS keycap drops

>chinkswitch instead of reichswitch
Holy shit, this guy!

gateron switches are superior to cherry, the only cherry switches worth paying premium for are clears, because there is no gateron equivalent.

Hi, everyone. I just bought the MasterKeys Lite Keyboard and it's a 'Mem-Chanical' (lol I know) keyboard, says it's cherry keycap compatible. Does that mean I can buy cherry mx keycaps to replace the current ones and it will make it a 'true' mechanical keyboard? Here is what is says on the website but I don't really know much about keyboards. Thanks.

coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-lite-l-combo-rgb/

No, that's just a rubber dome. Changing the keycaps isn't going to change the switch itself.

Damn. Thanks.

If you want a rubber dome board get one of these.

>because there is no gateron equivalent.

There are the zeals.

>zeals
>>>/reddit/

Why would you use QWERTY? You need to re-learn how to type on a 3D keyboard, so you might as well use an optimal layout. If I had one, I'd learn the maltron layout. I had a kinesis advantage once and I regret using QWERTY. Took me months to be up to speed. Because the keyboards are so different than a conventional flat QWERTY, you don't get confused when you transition from curved alternate layout keyboard to a flat qwerty.

It's literally a gateron equivalent to mx clears. Not sure where this hot new meme of saying >reddit every time they get brought up comes from.

>You need to re-learn how to type on a 3D keyboard

I can't speak to the dactyl, but it only took me about a week to get used to typing on an ergodox. Meanwhile I read people saying it takes them months or years to fully get used to another key layout.

This

I just got a real-force today with topre and I am so fucking disappointed. They cost 10x as much as a BTC board and only feel slightly smoother.

>$60-$90
>USA
>cherry mx red
>ANSI
>60%
>dont give a shit about lighting
>last keyboard: Ganss G.S 87
help pls

RK61

I would go for another layout if it weren't for gayming.
Learning to type on a steno one would be pretty great for taking notes.
>feel slightly smoother
That's why everyone like Topre.
You could try lubing the BTC board.
I heard bad things about pic related drying out but I think it's supposed to do that to prevent dirt and grime, as it's for stuff like bicycle chains.
I'm going to buy some to lube an old HHKB with.

I've been using a CST l-track trackball for the past year and I need to say, I prefer it for general computer use vs a mouse.

I realize this is a keyboard thread but most keyboard junkies have a softspot for other peripherals too.

i actually made malt firmware for my ergodox. i very much agree with you.

i would love a CST trackball if they weren't an ergonomic catastrophe.

Just got a full blank set for my Model F I had to keep some of the original keys because unicomp caps dont use wire stabilisers.

so I'm looking for a nice TKL board in europe for around 120€. suggestions?
gave my old keyboard (pic related) to my brother when I moved out, unfortunately I can't find the same one any more

You do realize there was a gateron equivalent to clears, but thanks to reddit they dont exist anymore

Ducky one TKL is around 80€

Stabilizer inserts are compatible with model f's. Buy some from unicomp or steal them from a model m.

Does anyone own this NPKC keycap set? I was thinking of going with the 61 key set with the extra eight keys, including the red Esc key. Blanks of course. They look pretty nice, judging the the photos in the reviews.

aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-Black-Grey-mixed-Thick-PBT-104-87-61-Keycaps-OEM-Profile-Key-caps-For-MX/32741729615.html

from where? I can only find the RGB version for around 150€

belgium. Its the non rgb version

The ergonomics on them are terrible. I built a foam rest above where it slant's downward and that makes it much more bearable.

I wish the mouse buttons were placed higher too so I could rest the full weight of my hand on the ball and sides without having to worry about triggering it. The sides should be contoured too and have a thumb or pinky spot.

This being said, for all it's faults, it blows all kingston trackballs out of the water. I still have yet to try the nice Japanese ones they sell on Ebay now.

What do you mean? the unicomp caps dont even have a slot for the wire stabilizers to go in.

what is the cheapest 60% keyboard with mx blacks?

ajazz ak33

You put the stabilizer inserts in to the barrel that corresponds with the stabilizer bar on the keycap.
Here's a pic of my Model F 107 with Model M stabilizer.

I'm surprised it's not more popular now that ergodox-style keyboards are becoming popularized. It's the most rational layout IMO. The only thing I don't like about it is the placement of the L-key.

How fast can you type on the malt layout so far? I'd imagine if you became very proficient you'd type significantly faster than someone of equal skill on either a QWERTY or DVORAK.

Rk61

Do they have to be MX? Gaterons are pretty nice too and some would argue they're more refined than Cherry switches.

muh collection

Aah now i understand hows the feel compared to wire?

Pretty much identical

Alright thanks now i have to figure out a cheap way to get em no way im paying 20$ for shipping +tax to get that.

Look for a broken Model M or M-122 on ebay and steal the springs and stabilizers. Very useful for spare parts. I have a bin bag size full of spare shit for M's and F's.

the sanwa and elecom ones seem to be nice enough. too bad trackballs are niche. i was actually thinking about building one myself but then i realized how bad at programming and soldering i am.

9/10

Missing the IBM/Lexmark M15. That aside, nice collection.

I seriously don't understand. Why would you pay so much for Topre when you could get a Dell Quietkey RT7D5JTW that feels almost exactly the same for $5-$20 used.

This was my very first keyboard and only a year ago I found it in my parents garage collecting dust. Restored it and it still feels crisp as fuck.

Got a Novatouch and the feel is negligible. Only benefit is being able to swap keycap sets.

i didn't really have time to make a full switch yet unfortunately, there were some exercises on maltrons site that i started, but i am not even through them yet.

What does Sup Forums think of the Leopold FC750R?

I'll be shelling out for my first mk, I've decided on MX Reds and TKL.

I really like the aesthetics it has going for it.

keep at it user. It seems well worth learning. Like learning a language, even five minutes a day can make a difference.

I owned one in the past, they're near impossible to type on. I'll try pick one up again since they are becoming increasingly rare.

Decent board, can't go wrong. Get some nice keycaps though.

Picked up this NPKD set off Aliexpress to replace the keycaps on my Quickfire XT:

aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-White-Grey-mixed-Thick-PBT-104-Keycaps-OEM-Profile-Key-caps-For-MX-Mechanical-Keyboard/32719097438.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.mP5iou

Are they any good for the price?

Not as rare as the Kinesis Evolution. Those things are impossible to find despite worth much less than a M15.

I'm planning on buying some completely blank PBT keycaps. They can't be too hard to find, right?

>They can't be too hard to find, right?

Right.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1659

Did anyone here use a Leopold FC980C? What are your thoughts on the layout and build quality?

I was thinking of going with the darker version of these NPKC keycaps myself. If anyone could advise or post pics, it would be great.

speaking of split keyboards, there is a utron on ebay.

$635 though... Why is he trying to jew us?

personal-media.co.jp/retail/utronkb/info.html

You can buy them direct from japan for less.

Soon you won't have to pay 50k yen for a split topre:

deskthority.net/workshop-f7/another-custom-split-hand-topre-board-need-your-input-t14769.html

>not the ergodox option
plebs

Eventually user. After he finishes with that the plan is to continue working on this

Still cant decide between the ducky one tkl rgb and pok3r rgb

None of the above. Get a Matias board with their Clicky Switch.

Get an alps HHKB and mod it with rgb LEDs

this.

we memeforce now?

Holy shit kill yourself

faggot detected.

Also no equivalent to gateron clears. +1 to gateron

>Budget
Preferably under $85
>Location
United States
>Switch
Red
>Layout
ANSI
>Form Factor
80%
>Backlight
Doesn't matter

Any ideas? It's my first time looking into buying a mechanical keyboard.

cm quickfire.

What is this little connector on the left called? I accidentally my keyboard and fucked up the micro-usb connector. Need to replace this shit so I can keep using it.

Looks like a type of molex connector.

A guy here told me once but I forgot to write it down. I THINK it started with W but I can't remember the rest.

>Topre a shit
>Topre just expensive rubber domes
I thought you guys left?

I wish i could die

Lol sorry but topre sucks.

same

This any good? First mechanical, £109

>>Budget
>Under 100 EUR
>>Location
>Eastern Europe
>>Switch
>Black, but any linear switch is okay.
>>Form Factor
>60%

Dell Quietkey guy here, I normally wouldn't nitpick, and I'm not shitting on Topre-lovers but I am struggling to find the difference in feel from my Quietkey and Novatouch.

Is the Novatouch really not comparable to actual Topres? Maybe I just haven't typed on it long enough, got it as a Christmas present from the wife so I'll fuck off for now and come back next week when I've had more time with it but at this point I doubt I'll be convinced enough to invest in a Topre or HHKB.

Nope

aliexpress.com/item/White-Black-Gray-Orange-Green-Yellow-Blank-Thick-PBT-OEM-Profile-62-Key-ISO-61-ANSI/32727885210.html
aliexpress.com/item/104-108-Blank-PBT-Keycap-White-Black-Pink-Blue-ect-Color-For-OEM-Cherry-MX-Switches/32738349818.html

Found one with darker modifier keycaps.

aliexpress.com/item/PBT-108-key-Blank-Retro-white-grey-OEM-hight-MX-switches-Keycaps-for-wired-USB-Mechanical/32754080911.html

Anne Pro

banggood.com/APP-Control-Anne-PRO-Blue-Red-Switch-RGB-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-1064055.html

The Zeal guy did not invent anything. He just uses his financial advantages to reserve products for himself so he can put his name on them and jack up the price a bunch. He already screwed over the Winkeyless people this way (cutting off their access to gat tactile clears) and he's trying to do the same to other brands. NEVER acknowledge this guy except to point out what a dick he is.

Can't Cherry sue Gateron, Zeal, and all the other clones?

They will if anyone makes silent switches. Their patents on everything else have expired though.

is it not possible to renew expired patents? what happens if clones start patenting Cherry stuff?

Gateron are Chinese. Good luck with that.

Can anyone recommend a wrist rest? Was thinking of getting those wooden ones on massdrop but I don't know how comfortable they would be.

>tfw wasnt expecting this to get out of chink land so fast

should i get my hopes up guys? or will it sit in usps stock room for 20 days