What is the best gaming OS?

What is the best gaming OS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wgKJMsJ-6XU)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The 'grow up and get a hobby you fucking manchild' OS

>stop liking fun

FreeBSD

I recommend the "A billion dollar industry with millions of customers across all demographics is somehow the sole dominion of man children" OS. Grow up.

Windows 10. After you debotnet it, it really isn't that bad.

Gentoo GNU/Linux.

>debotnet it
how do I do this dawg?

Windows 10, DX 12 is great.

Do you also play with barbie toys and think that it's fun?
Still a manchild hobby, don't try to defend yourself and that people pay hundreds of dollars just for some digital programs and "muh 60fps"

Windows 7 or 10

This. It's the only one with DirectX 12 support and I would imagine an increasing number of games will start having problems on the older ones as time goes on. As much as I like Windows 8.1 using anything else is just putting off the inevitable.

PS4

Gnu Hurd :^)

DragonflyBSD

Windows 7

best OS is my honda civic and i cant wait for flashpro to be delivered IM SO EXCITED

I'm sorry your life has come to this

What makes you the person to tell someone what they can enjoy? Do you feel entitled because you don't enjoy games?

First it's not a hobby, then it is, then you suggest that they're overpriced and then, just to top it off you... suggest 60 FPS isn't a valid thing to want...? I'm not even sure.

I smell bait here, you're just throwing out whatever buzzwords you think will get a reaction.

A basic way:
Run the 2015 LTSB(not compatible with GeForce 1000 series)
Disable stuff in Settings and Group Policy

I'm sorry that you waste your life in front of a screen instead of doing something productive like going outside, plant some trees or play chess.
It's OP's fault that he asks the most stupid question.
>hoby: an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
I think it is a hobby, it's not about overpricing, but about wasting money or shitty half-baked AAA games that need 10gb of patch to make them playable, it's like the audiophiles who waste money of shitty 2999$ golden aux cables.

>plant some trees
>play chess

>plant some trees or play chess
LMAO sorry you live in prison senpai

Windows 7 is nice, but if you value DX12 support you won't find it there. Plus it is going EOL in 2020, so no security patches after that. Windows 10 really isn't bad imo, it takes 5 minutes to turn off the crap you may not want.

>I smell bait here

No shit, the only people who unironically tell others to "grow up and stop playing video games" are women and 70-year-old men.

gaming is a hobby

>plant some trees
>play chess
holy shit

Ugh can some hax0r out there just keep Windows 7 alive and bring DX12 over to it...there HAS to be a way

Sure, if windows 7 and directx 12 are open-source then it will be very easy to....oh wait, lmao no it's not possible

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit-brained retard.

Okay time for Linux den
I need muh Steam games on Linux and I need Overwatch on Linux

Make it possible, Sup Forums

fuck off

you... gamer

ugh leave Linux to the professionals

woah rude

> plant some trees or play chess
why don't you go do that yourself, user. also, tell your dad he needs to lube you up a bit more so you don't take it out on us. normie fag.

Sorry user, overwatch uses DX11, which isn't available for linux, and some of your games may work on linux, steam will show you which.

Dos. Because that was the golden era of gamen

>implying you can't also be a professional and enjoy video games
who actually thinks like this in 2017? I mean fuck we have HD VR gaming headsets

>implying you can
lol

>ugh leave Linux to the professionals
using an arch install to watch your hentai and rice your desktop doesn't make you a professional

I intend to make a job out of it

>not compatible with GeForce 1000 series
WHAT? I was planning on a gtx 1050 for my build ;_;

1. Install Windows 10
2. Disable all spying features in settings
3. Install Spybot Anti-Beacon
4. Make a couple registry edits which stop Microsoft from installing unwanted software onto your PC
5. Get a license for StartIsBack
6. Download OldNewExplorer
7. Make the OS look good
8. Enjoy.

I like Monster Hunter too, user.

The person who says this is always an unemployed NEET. Every person with a good job ever I've met has played video games in their free time and thought nothing of it.

>play chess

Not productive. In fact Chess produces people are far less productive and more autismic about their game than even the most serious competitive gamers.

Does anyone have the latest guide to getting rid of telemetshit in Win 10 anniversary? Some of the guides are probably outdated I'm guessing.

Like I said above, first disable everything in the settings then install Spybot Anti-Beacon and block everything. If Microsoft is installing shit on your PC that you don't want you can disable that in the registry as well (guide for that here, youtube.com/watch?v=wgKJMsJ-6XU)

You can use the 2016 LTSB or Server 2016. However RS1 is buggier than TH1 according to several people here and in other forums. You may not encounter any problems though.

just turn it off

Windows 7: Games from the stone age all the way up to 2017 are guaranteed to work.
Windows 8(.1): Same as Windows 7, but with a completely different interface. If you like it stick with it.
Windows 10: Has DirectX 12 but only a few games use it. Tons of incompatibility problems with older (DX9/DX8) games. Updates whenever the fuck it wants to, including in the middle of a game, kicking you out to shove a prompt in your face.

tl;dr Windows 10 is shit until Microsoft gives back the option to disable automatic updates.

Get arch and wine ya filty win-fag

Pic unrelated

Isn't it a school day?

Schools out on the east coast.

>want to play old game
>doesn't have windowed mode

How did you make your OS look this good?

This belief is outdated. Games aren't strictly for children.

In theory, no.

In practice, however, 99% of games are targeted at underage people (mostly children, but also teenagers).

I wish it wasn't so, but it is. I still get to enjoy that rare 1% game that doesn't pander primarily to kids, but it's not wrong to stereotype gaming in general as being for children.

Consoles are for playing games. PC's are for making games.

Windows 8.1 with Directx 11.2

- No DVR bullshit causing lag
- All metro apps can be removed
- Can be riced to resemble 7
- More updated drivers available
- Windows update is not broken (yet)
- Like Vista, sidelined before it could shine

I have tested many games, 8.1 delivers the best fps with consistency.

stop projecting faghet

I dunno, W7 does all i need. I tried W8 and didn't liked it but W10 is okay. Still on W7 tho, best OS. Dunno why Sup Forums loves Linux so much, why would you use it? It's just dumb imo. Windows is so much better. Only time i used Linux at home was for TV streaming of some sort.

I agree, I think it's fair to say that Windows 8.1 is probably the best thing right now. Not too dated but still really stable. In 2015 I spent more than a year with it installed and that's kind of a record for me, I usually always install a different system after a few months just for fun or because I get tired of that shit. Not with 8.1 though.

applefags are really immature.

I tried running deus ex MD on windows 8 and it was horrible but the game works perfectly with 10.