/cyb/ - The Cyberpunk General

"Thank you Lepht" Edition These threads are for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, and even current events.
Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

>>> Resources Old Pasta

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce53eICXREc
youtube.com/watch?v=O-fv_KR4bB8
youtube.com/watch?v=J_WozJvfYwM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-xEQeuxn7M
youtube.com/watch?v=XXVO1HCNQ8M
youtube.com/watch?v=hRwU9zJcT60
youtube.com/watch?v=APOAmxFEMkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XTqnzsRg_0E
lfscript.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page),
krebsonsecurity.com/
isc.sans.edu/
schneier.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=i-mqcTjnvYA
bbc.com/future/story/20170105-why-we-may-be-living-in-the-future-of-the-running-man
bbc.com/culture/story/20161125-network-at-40-the-film-that-predicted-the-future
bbc.com/news/science-environment-38519299
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for megacorporations

Some vids to get in the mood

CPEU2 - Cyberpunk. From fiction to fact youtube.com/watch?v=Ce53eICXREc

Cyberpunk Animation youtube.com/watch?v=O-fv_KR4bB8

Cyberpunk-Visions of Future youtube.com/watch?v=J_WozJvfYwM

The Cyberpunk Manifesto youtube.com/watch?v=Y-xEQeuxn7M

TUN Cyberpunk is back youtube.com/watch?v=XXVO1HCNQ8M

Cyberpunk (1990) [Full documentary in high quality] youtube.com/watch?v=hRwU9zJcT60

27c3: Cybernetics for the Masses youtube.com/watch?v=APOAmxFEMkQ

The Cyberpunk Educator youtube.com/watch?v=XTqnzsRg_0E

For the unix wizards here, maybe you heard of Linux From Scratch, pretty cool project about making a an operative system from scratch, but you probably haven't heard of Linux From Script (lfscript.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page), an automated way to that.

Very cool stuff for the hardcore looking to fight "the man" by being paranoid about every package you have in your machine.

why haven't you sold out to the megacorps yet?

It's like you don't want money

>implying megacorps are smart enough to give me a margin of action
would still make big bucks for megaacorps, but doing my thing would be a guarantee of not being stabbed in the back, if you think on the long run

>tfw own a non-nexus tracking device
I'll never be able to install Copperhead OS and escape the botnet

Sounds like a cool thing to do in the weekend, thanks user!

Don't worry, Copperhead users are still in the botnet since every commercially-available phone SoC uses proprietary firmware. It's nice that they escaped the Google botnet, though.

can someone add these links to the pasta?

krebsonsecurity.com/
isc.sans.edu/
schneier.com/

i can not bring myself to do this since i have install stalled gentoo but i might try slackware out sometime

>being a wageslave to a soulless corp
>not being anti-establishment and anti-corporation

why do these threads die so quickly? they're more content filled than 85% of the other crap

Content is diverse but nobody seem to be adept enough. Rarely see two people knowing about the same thing.

In reality, we all expect someone else to do stuff instead of posting what we ourselves do.

Lets face it, we all are waiting for someone to spark a cyberpunk revolution here.

Don't deny it, is what you all are waiting for.

bump

nobody knows what to post

we should talk about our own network security and things to do and ways to help each other

I'll do it. You guys are going to have to wait a few more years though.

Put OpenBSD on my T60p today. Was running Arch on everything before. OpenBSD feels a bit more /cyb/ in a way.

What are the most cyberpunk operating systems in your guys' opinion?

How should we prepare in the mean time?

anything that compiles from sources so gentoo, funtoo, and slackware. but if you want to go full paranoia linux from scratch is the best

>new bladerunner coming out
>will (hopefully) kindle resurgence of cyberpunk along with the synthwave scene
>just in time for Cyberpunk 2077 what should be THE cyberpunk videogame

what are the key differences between Zeronet and Freenet? I'm new to both and wondering which one I should really be looking into.

Are there any books I should be hoarding for the future that could help me in the event of a real life cyberpunk situation?

>which one I should really be looking into.

How about instead of being a fucking sheep, you use both, and work out which YOU like better?

How the fuck can you expect a third party to tell you what you're interested in?

idk maybe pedagogy of the oppressed

You're jumping to conclusions there, pal. I'm obviously going to make my own decision, but I still value the input of others.

Shame I can't program so I'll never be a slippery hacker.
Sometimes I like to imagine what role I would have in a /cyb/ revolution, hypothetically. Not a foot soldier/rioter, but maybe a supply runner or some behind the scenes guy...fixing/building shit, because I'm good with my hands, or managing gear/supplies.
This is just an autistic /cyb/ fantasy; imagining shit to entertain myself. I don't single it out to cyberpunk though, it's just how I judge my skills and how useful I would be to a group of people in any situation...natural disaster, etc.

But as for preparing in the meantime...probably hoard actually useful ebooks/pdfs/images/videos. AND HAVE RELIABLE WAYS TO ACCESS THEM
Doesn't hurt to have physical copies (printed and in binders) of the most valuable information. All the way from basic survival skills to home remedies, construction, science, computers, etc...
I guess I'm sort of a heathen because I'm trying to focus on skills other than tech.

I hope GiTS Will be a good movie.

it will not be. it is going to be matrix/blade runner with GiTS charters

is that bad? matrix and blade runner are both classics. matrix is even based on gits.

It will probably be entertaining. I just hope they don't butcher the characters to badly

personally i have always loved how grounded almost all past iterations of GiTS have been.
here is a youtube video where i guy explains in depth all the reason he does not like it. most of is opinions align with mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=i-mqcTjnvYA

This guy is wrong.
She did wear a skin-tight transparent camouflage suit in original movie, which is clearly seen as separate tissue in the scene where she rips her hands off trying to unscrew a tank's turret.
In the new movie it is either a skintight bodysuit too, but not transparent at normal conditions, or her body skin itself.

is this copypasta, i dont get it

one thing

Learn as much as you can and prepare for it the best way you can. Knowledge and information will be the most valuable thing you can have if what I plan to do works.

RISC-V is the way to go.

How about FPGAs, have they been compromised?

Anyways, the solution so far is probably 9front on ZYNQ.

>why do these threads die so quickly?
I wonder the same

>they're more content filled than 85% of the other crap
Very much agreed.

>nobody knows what to post
I do but usually thread is bumped off the list when I am going to sleep or to work.

>Rarely see two people knowing about the same thing.
That is just because Cyberpunk is so many things. Also what was SciFi in the 80's is now everyday life in our world of today.

BBC is a source of (unintended) cyberpunk, here are two articles that really show where we have ended up:
bbc.com/future/story/20170105-why-we-may-be-living-in-the-future-of-the-running-man
bbc.com/culture/story/20161125-network-at-40-the-film-that-predicted-the-future

And where we are heading?
bbc.com/news/science-environment-38519299
(Homo Futuris - when?)

>Sometimes I like to imagine what role I would have in a /cyb/ revolution
We are already there, perhaps not so much in the tech yet but very much there in grittiness and media controlled world. take a look at for some examples.

>probably hoard actually useful ebooks/pdfs/images/videos. AND HAVE RELIABLE WAYS TO ACCESS THEM
I have TB disks with documentation and friends I have routinely do backups of interesting sites (learn the way of the 'wget'). This is not for reasons of conspiracy fantasies but rather to counter the ephemeral nature of the net. Google does not let you find everything, not by a long shot.

Also your disk images are not loaded with ads.

Not having all that information inplanted in your head.

Not protected by black ice.

Not having hot assassin GF.

Not stealing cash from Africans who are using old silicone.

>tfw can't be a cyber punk because you work as a dev for a large soulless international corporation which gives no fucks about morality of its business practices and even though you're just a small cog you still enable those

Being a cog has advantages.
>I want ROOM SERVICE! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Mexican beer, I want a $10,000-a-night hooker! I want my shirts laundered... like they do... at the Imperial Hotel... in Tokyo.

What does utopian cyberpunk look like?

you're looking at it

Doesn't exist, but it'd be The Culture or GITS.

Disagree. A "cyberpunk" utopia would be something like Star Trek or some world where people use information to better their lives and lives around them. Instead, we got the cyber punk dystopian future.

>Not having all that information inplanted in your head.
... and using Microsoft Brain driver 1.0 for interfacing. Oh yes. I can see that coming.

>>I want ROOM SERVICE!
Check out Altered Carbon for the ultimate hotel service. The book is simply an avalanche of cyberpunk concepts. Note: the blood bath is immense.

so why i can't order 11 inch dick grown in lab?

>dystopian future
>a bad thing

who actually posts in these threads?

people too scared to go to lain

(You)

I think we're all looking for something

everybody's looking for something

>society leaning towards Apple's (TM) White. Sleek and Shiny technology instead of loud multiscreen computers
>cities are 90% free space, wide streets and clear skies instead of the dark back alleys and dirty, cramped streets full of rejects.
>every single pariah group is sucked into the mainstream and becomes a passing fad instead of developing as a subculture. Punk is dead.

Cyberpunk will never be and its our fault. Our sons and daughters will walk white, turpentine-smelling, shiny corridors to their designated Google//Apple Dreampods and live their Shadowrun fantasies there.
Please convince me otherwise.

how do i dress cyberpunk, but like functional cyberpunk and not neon glow stick rave cyber twinks?

the problem with lain is that it's so slow.

Dress so you don't stick out. Keep low profile. Change and mix your outfits regularly. If appropriate, try to cover up your face, glasses, scarfs, hats, even a beard. Don't overdo it.

Here's some /cy/b internet radio stations to keep you chummers awake late at night. If you know more, please share.

cyberadio.pw
lain
chan.org/radio
nectarine.ers35.net:8000/necta192.mp3.m3u

The corpos at 4 channel filter for lainchan dot org.

Does lainchan have onion address?

>cyberadio.pw
Playing metal right now.

>lain
>chan.org/radio
Playing top40 radio garbage right now.

>nectarine.ers35.net:8000/necta192.mp3.m3u
meh it's alright

No, but people there like lisp and hate C and RMS so Sup Forums fill never fit in there

Mr.Unknown here.

i have been in the shadows but im always here and im always wide awake.

keep up the good work!

the rise of cyb has began... since 1980...

when did cyberpunk activism die and did it just become another nerd fantasy?

feels like the majority sees cyberpunk society as a utopia instead of a dystopia. is it the false belief that you will be in power?

Why it 404'd? Am i missed something?

What 404'd?

Rules 1 and 2 motherfucker.
>inb4 rules 1 and 2 apply only to raids
>inb4 muh secret club

cyberpunk is alive and well.

we are slowly waking up the masses.
no need to rush time will tell, we run this world.

-Unkn

all of my followers are anons including kim dotcom.

-unkn

Lain's radio i can only hear 8bit opening

Works for me.

You sure you opened that correctly?

is it windows and botnet not allowed
i'm using chrome and cuck 10 any way

forget it i just google result damn

That would be hilarious.

But yeah, I'm using GNU/Linux and firefox-esr.

i typed url manually it works

Weird shit.

they are watching you

Palemoon and wincuck 7, it works.

Nothing wrong with that, but why no onion :o

who here interested in cyberdildonics?

what's the point?

>how do i dress cyberpunk
executives were part of Wm Gibson's books. So try a sharp suit, bright white shirt, a semi-discrete tie, metal rimmed glasses.

To top it all off: a brutalty refined English, received pronunciation.

I'm more interested in gene editing, like that done using CRISPR techniques and such, if I have a child in the future I will consider having it enhanced.

The Bateman look with sleek metal aviator glasses, a glossy fabric tie in a metallic shade of blue or grey, smartwatch, and a pair of black, non-brogued Derbys.

>>>/lainchan/

>if I have a child in the future I will consider having it enhanced

A gene fetish that interests me is getting an eastern african girl and having any future offstring get genetically modified to have white skin. East africans have often caucasoid features so it's only a matter of skin color. White boys look better.

>east african girl
>calls it a boy
you're not one of THOSE fags are you?

What? Maybe you need to reread what I wrote. I'll try explaining it in some other way.

There's scepticism of non white offspring when had with a dark skinned female. Often caucasoid features make those females look more atractive. So the gene fetish here is to change the skin color of the offspring. Then the female would be more than just an atraction.

Anyone have any good /cyb/ mixes on YouTube that they've listended to before and liked?

>tfw alone in a tiny cramped apartment with just the gpu of my computer keeping me warm

Deckard had pretty shway apartment. Probably got from some rodent criminal as a bribe.

He lived in his apartment with his wife. Had a robot sheep, as well.

I wonder how many clones of AMD there will be in the future

>buy a counterfiet RX480 from black market
>ships in unmarked box
>gpu is just sitting in the brown box
>no manual
>plug it in
>play Crysis 5
>get 100 degree temps
>is botnet

Didn't his sheep died?

Now I get it

>/cyb/ board but no onion
Seems odd

It went through a restructuring. There's is no dedicated, centralized /cyb/ board anymore.

not .i2p instead of tor sites..

are you guys even tryin?

>Cyberpunk

Too bad the NSA recruited half of them with Cicada 3301.