twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SD card reader

Bluetooth anything
Nfc
(Nearly)all 16gb of RAM

bluetooth
esata
display port

The PS/2 port on any computer made after 2000. Yes, I know it's useful for debugging, but I haven't needed it for that yet.

Android's built in usb on the go.

I'm pulling an apple by going wireless with my Galaxy S7edge, heck, I don't even charge it with my usb cable. Qi charing is the future.

My SGI O2's the only thing that comes to mind, unless you want to count trying to install IRIX and OpenBSD as using it

I have several card readers which support the xD picture card format.

I've never seen one in my life.

>xD

Get out underage

If you have played a PlayStation 3 or 4 using a wireless controller you have used bluetooth.

>using le me me intwewebz faces

fuck off underaged

I have some old PC joysticks similar to pic related that have been sitting in a drawer for about 15 years. They look too cool to just throw away, but I have never got around to connecting them to anything.

ebin

I got a Bluray drive for my PC. Didn't use it one once.

Digital cameras always have some bullshit feature to let you print things from the camera or email them to yourself. Never used this stuff one time and probably never will.

I have used the blu-ray drive in my PC a couple of times just to see if it works, but never actually watched a movie with it. I have two BD-RE's I got for christmas I might try burning pretty soon.

They look strange on the bottom, just a black mirror...

>unless you want to count trying to install IRIX and OpenBSD as using it
I believe that counts.

Or a Wii

Why would it? I never actually got to use it, only attempted to make it usable.

I got one of these from a thrift store for a buck. It works perfectly as far as I can tell, but I have never taken a photo with it because the cartridges cost $15.

Look at you two. Such jokesters.

esata
fire wire
ps/2
nfc
regular sd cards
those small pcie lanes

S/PDIF

My penis

raspberry pi
arduino

>implying you're a guy

btfo femannon.

>"game" port

bluetooth
vga ports
CD-ROM drives

I will probably go my whole life without ever using TOSLINK.

>never used VGA nor CDs
underage b&

>not using Bluetooth headphones
These are glorious. I just wish they were waterproof so I could shower with them.

penises are technology

It helped reduce the amount of remotes needed in my home theater. One remote for all the volumes.

This shit

>mfw using TOSLINK right now

just because that cable was included with my edifier s330d though

Yeah I've never really seen the need to get Toslink cables over regular coax for S/PDIF unless I'm absolutely forced to.

I have never used the video recording feature on my Nikon D5200.

Conversely, I have never used my GoPro HERO4 Black for still photos.

delet

esata w/o power is probably the most useless port ever created.

no way man, sata express is WAY more useless than esata. i mean, people don't even know what sata express even is, that's how unused it is.

My motherboard has 8 SAS connectors and an onboard SAS raid controller but I have never used it and likely won't.

Can a single powered eSATA port drive 8 HDDs?

Your motherboard has SAS and SATA connectors? That's odd.

My computer has two ethernet ports. One of them is labeled ASF and apparently supports some kind of special protocol over the ethernet port that lets you take control of the computer even when its turned off.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alert_Standard_Format

If I could find a way to disable it I would.

esata
the little pcie slots between the big ones
DVI

Yes, it's a HP z800 workstation. The Xeon CPUs in it support some manner of server functions I never use as well.

10k/15k SAS drives can be had relatively cheap in low capacity models if you know where to look for them.

Also let me guess, you have a Supermicro motherboard with an LSI chip onboard.

>qi charging is the future
>meanwhile its already slow and doesnt work properly if you don't have a case for the phone thats thinner than a paper asshole
>imolying that its better than dynamic fast charging

toslink is pretty nice if you have the hacked realtek DD/DTS live drivers.

Wii uses IR.

Workstation class will usually have SAS

>people itt don't even know what the different PCIe slot sizes are and just know the largest and smallest as the big slot and the little slot

The Wii controller uses IR to track its location and reports that along with all other inputs to the Wii over Bluetooth.

I know. What I'm saying is SAS is backwards compatible with SATA so it's odd that they'd include SATA ports.

I've had this saitek flight simulator for like 4 years and haven't so much as plugged it in yet.

Well not really location as much as angle in relation to the screen but you get the point, it uses Bluetooth.

No in fact esata is so useless it can't provide power at all, so you are forced to power whatever device it's connected to independently.

There does exist a version of esata with power+usb integrated but it's rare to find.

Yes, I believe the HP boards are sourced from Supermicro and it does have an LSI controller.

Did you know 1 SAS port can connect 4 SATA drives? You could stick 32 hard drives in your computer assuming you have room.

Any downside to using them compared to SATA drives for data storage?

Sorry, I meant to ask about eSATAp. My point is that if d eSATAp can't provide enough power for a RAID enclosure then a regular eSATA port is just as useful as you're not going to be taking advantage of the power anyway. My old laptop had eSATAp, used it all the time for both USB and eSATA itself

Usually the storage controller will support something like 8 SAS (also SATA) ports with an additional 4 SATA ports. Since it is workstation class board, they wire up all the supported ports while a lower class might only wire up the 8 SAS ports.

USB controllers do the same thing. They might support 6 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0. The 2.0 ports might not be wired up on your motherboard.

I bought a TOSLINK cable because my shiny new sound card back then supported it. I've never opened the container and it has been sitting in my drawer for about a decade. Was only like two bucks though.

I also went to an electronics store around the same time and asked for digital speakers. They were just perplexed and didn't know what to say.

Wait a minute.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Attached_SCSI

This motherboard is from 2010. The SAS ports should be SAS-2, right?

That would give them a data transfer rate of 6gb/s. Compared to the SATA ports on the board which are only SATA2.

If you wanted to use this workstation and get the most out of it should you buy SAS SSDs?

Yes the cable that does this is called Mini-SAS SFF-8087/SFF-8463. Pretty much the standard way of connecting SAS drives to an HBA or RAID card.

No, SAS drives are definitely superior to SATA drives especially if you value data integrity. However they are priced much higher per gigabyte and you must have a RAID card or JBOD controller to access them which aren't cheap either.

or maybe not:

>6 channels of Serial ATA (SATA) and 8 channels of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) 3.0 Gb/s natively
supported internally; SATA RAID level 0, 1, 5 and 10 and SAS RAID** level 0, 1, 10 available on
motherboard*

hp.com/canada/products/landing/workstations/files/13278_na.pdf

I guess the z800 used original SAS.

I really doubt an esatap port could power an external RAID enclosure by itself. Does it not have a power supply of it's own?

xD

That's my point.

To answer the question, at least eSATAp can at least power a single drive which is useful enough for my requirements. I'd never want to both power an external array of disks and have all the data come down through one 6Gb/s connection anyways.

Also I don't believe there are any cables out there that could entirely power a RAID enclosure either, even external Mini-SAS cables can't do this and require the target drives to be powered from elsewhere.

I've used them just not the ones on my current devices

this card could have become a meme

Which in turn means that eSATA is useful, just not for you.

Intel Integrated graphics on my gaming desktop

It's pointless when USB 3.1 w/ UASP exists.

DVI
USB OTG
Small PCI slots pn mobo
Firewire
Serial Port
Docking Station Ports on laptop
NFC
Radiator mounts on case

USB is trash, I'll take eSATA.

I had the top one with my Apple 2e. Bought it again for PC. Still have it somewhere, but I don't have a sound card with a game port in any of the machines I use regularly.

>USB is trash
Mhmm, riiiight

It is. It's like Windows, it sucks yet is the most popular.

Man I like those Z-series workstations. Keeping an eye on Craigslist for a really good deal.

>eSATA at 6gbs
>USB 3.1 at 10gbs w/ SCSI
your choice so more power to you then :^)

I'll take the interface that doesn't need to piggyback on the CPU.

HDMI and VGA ports on my video cards.

I use it to connect my tv to my sound system

i don't know if i'm just too young

You are. In the IDE days you had to use these. Autoconfiguration of drives sucked and things would often conflict or not be detected.

That is the master/slave jumper for IDE devices. I literally just used it today.

You are literally retarded. Kill yourself and your entire family immediately.

Can you plug in SATA HDD even if it is an SAS connector?

t. ML350 G5 owner

no u

You should have been aborted, you fucking shit stain. Get raped twice and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome. Your entire family tree deserves to be gassed, you mouth-breathing mongoloid.

You're a blimp fart.

>Can you plug in SATA HDD even if it is an SAS connector?
Yes SATA drives can be plugged into a SAS connector, just not the other way around though.

You missed out. Firewire was amazing. So much faster than USB, daisy-chained devices and enough power to drive 3.5" drives without needing a power adapter.

Thank you for this info.
I have been shitting my self quite a bit because I didn't where I could get those SAS hdd (ebay and such)

This, and it was even better if you had multiple Macs
>firmware update requires Mac OS X 10.3.9
>have Mac OS X 10.5.8 installed
>iMac has 10.3.9
>plub firewire cable into both machines
>boot from iMac's HDD on PowerMac

>HDD in iMac dies, too lazy to replace it
>put SSD in old BlackBook
>use MacBook as big external boot drive till I stop being too lazy to crack the iMac open

...and then your motherboard had jumpers too

I'm only 19 and I remember having to use those. I was also a bit on the poor side, so I may have used computers older than most people my age.

I still feel like PCI-E and SATA are cool new tech and they're pretty old by now. I spent a long time with AGP and IDE stuff.

I literally have the same exact shit. Not a good use of the $200 or so it costed.

Joystick for the Apple 2 line of computers. Had one for my 2c.

Heart rate sensor on the Samsung Galaxy S7. Forgot it even exists. I'd rather it not exist. Not because it would add anything to the phone, but because that's how insignificant it is to me. I'd rather NOT have it than to have it just in case. What's worse is that S Health is the only thing that uses it. Google Fit, last I checked, can't work with it. Even though it asks for permission to use it. Actually, the whole phone is gay. Fuck TouchWiz.

Most features in Windows.

Disk drive. It's actually unplugged. Has no purpose, but can't remove it physically because it'll leave an open hole in my case. Last time I used it was to install my genuine shiny copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. After that... it's just been USB. Flash drives is all you'd ever need. They can be reused and adapted to anything. And even then they serve little purpose because everything is digital now.

My speakers. I use them as an amplifier for my headphones as plugging in directly to the computer doesn't produce enough volume.

Xbox One. Waste of money. Useless piece of shit. I don't play video games, but I thought it would be a good Netflix machine. Could have just gotten a second monitor and Chromecast... Fucking idiot. Last time it was turned on what January 5, 2016. Actually, I recently threw it away. So maybe it doesn't count.

Does Internet Explorer count? Literally only use it once to install Google Chrome.

Oh my God... I forgot about this. That was the most annoying shit ever. Windows wouldn't boot until you configured the stupid ass pins properly. Thank God for SATA. Forgot that nightmare. GOD FORBID YOU LOST THE LITTLE PIN....

>and enough power to drive 3.5" drives without needing a power adapter.

That seems like a good enough reason to use it now if you can get a firewire to SATA adapter

I waited years to use bluetooth but it's pretty nifty once you get the hang of it. I have to use it to get photos off of my shitty tracfone. Before I never used the camera because getting it to be recognized through USB was a pain.