Tech Job Pro Tips

Don't work at a company where an overly-emotional, gossipy woman is in charge of your paycheck.

Always ask up front what the ballpark salary is for a position you get recruited for so you don't get half way through the negotiations jumping through hoops of doing multiple whiteboard interviews only to find out they're offering McDonalds money

>women in tech
This was honestly the worst idea in the last 100 years, at least forcing them into tech and making it extremely easy for them to gain employment. They just don't want to be there, they just don't understand the mentality that works in tech. Of course it's "competitive and arrogant," idiots, how else do you get people to care about something that can be done either very badly or beautifully completely depending on the developer?

Inb4 my boss has me interview hundreds of meek women of colour to replace me due to not being a cultural fit.

>implying I wasn't simply glad the NEET years were over
Who the fuck is giving all this really, really shit advice? Gen x, shit changed, you changed shit, things don't work that way anymore, literally no one appreciates assertiveness from young people.

Oh you're debating salary? Bang, that's just another reason HR will use to hire a foreign person and then use it as a position to virtue signal about how greedy white men are and how needy and deserving women of colour are.

You're simply not getting McDonald's money from a job that had "bachelor minimum" on the job application. Every white man under 30 has a bachelor because he knows most people can't even get jobs with degrees let alone without them.

>inb4 child larping as his retired grandfather who might have actually gotten a job with a firm handshake
You're larping. It's obvious. HR hate white men. That's obvious too. It causes serious youth unemployment problems.

can you try being less of a drama queen?

How about when shit advice isn't 90% of the posts on threads like this? Literally larping children and old people who think they're relevant.

Want a job? Be diverse or be perfect. You have no other option. Not happy that you're more likely to be preferred with a brown vagina? Good, neither am I, you're probably shit and making everyone think STEM workers are shit. This is what happens when standards are "i must have a brown vagina" rather than "i must have someone who isn't shit."

So all these shitty brown vaginas get jobs they're literally not capable of doing. Don't get me, neither are most STEM graduates regardless of identity, but they're not hired completely and deliberately despite any form of merit. That's the real insanity that causes my "drama," they know this style of hiring leads to shit workers. They know it's killing STEM standards, they even know it's racist and sexist.

>drama queen
Cool.

So you'll parade around with a dildo in your butt because the singular trans person at your educational facility feels uncomfortable peeling, but somehow I'm being dramatic when STEM hiring is literally racist and sexist?

This is how sjw feel they win. When they have a monopoly on oppression, they'll convince you your issues are just dramatized whilst their issues are important.

No, I'd rather end racism and sexism to be honest. Does that make me over dramatic?

OP is literally complaining about the diversity hire. This is a cancer that demands drama. This thread is about how HR (who are predominantly single, female gen x) fucked up STEM. They fucked up the entire technological development of the west. Feminism ruined everything.

user do you get your facts from Infowars?

Lol after reading this I am convinced you have autism.

jacob, stop being such a jaded cunt

All those wasted captchas to make the shittiest shit posts. I'd point out the obvious ad hominem from this samefagging moron, but he'll accuse me of being a Nazi for expecting him to avoid fallacies. Remember, anyone who wins arguments that make you feel bad is definitely a Nazi. Always a Nazi.

An infowars alt right nazi to be sure!

This is why the left is losing, everyone knows they've set human technological development back a few decades, everyone knows there was never going to be a positive outcome from affirmative action. This is about STEM, this is about how they're hurting the standards of the entire wider industry.

>jaded
I really wish you'd shove that attitude up your ass like that dildo you parade with to feel tolerant. It's cute how being an egalitarian makes me jaded but being a lgbt ""ally"" radfem feels completely natural to you.

It's fucking maths, you give everyone a fair chance and the better people will float to the top. You give only a minority a chance, fewer good people will float to the top especially if that minority typically isn't good at the job.

If it's something like research and development, congratulations, all those people who could have cured cancer are instead NEET for being white men.

>jaded
Stupid cunt. What else should I care about?

Women are cancer, don't work with them.

1. Go negotiate a good salary raise before jumping to another job. If you are with a company for at least a year there is a great chance they are willing to pay top buck to not loose an employee who knows his shit around the company.
2. Don't do overtime until the deadline cannot be achieved due to your obvious fuckup.

you will never be this mad, feels good

>It's SJW's fault I am an unemployed NEET loser, not mine!
what a loser you are

Since this thread is relevant, I'll ask here.

I did a summer internship at a very small company, it's not actually a startup, but it deals with startups a lot and we have a startup-ish culture (yes, I work on a mac, no, we don't have beanbags).

After the internship they hired me to work for them 6hours/week while I finish my internship. It comes out to ~200$/month. It's not a lot, but it allows me to not have an allowance from my parents, and it's well paid for my country (not US).

My question is, should I expect the same hourly pay when I move to an 8hour/day job with them? Because that would come out really well for me, but I don't want to sound greedy even though it's the most logical conclusion.

>Don't work at a company where a woman is in charge of your paycheck.
ftfy

How do I get a cute gf like her?

Holy shit, you jumped off the deep end fast

>How about when shit advice isn't 90% of the posts on threads like this?
I have some good advice for you, pic related

>$200/mo
Jesus christ, I earn more than that for spending 1 hour a week explaining CS101 to retards

>I earn more in tutoring
No shit, dude, nothing else gets paid that well.

Are degrees a meme then?

I would expect that they would pay the same hourly rate. Also a non-US citizen here (eastern europe) and I was shocked what my initial salary was. I just finished a bootcamp and 3 months internship (no uni education) and the salary for new joiners was at 3x the minimum wage (minimum is at 370 Euros for which shitloads of people work and my salary is about 1100 Euros monthly).

Went from a leeching NEET to someone who can afford to rent a good place, buy a car and still save up quite a lot in a few months and nothing feels better than that.