I hope you're wearing a mechanical watch, Sup Forums

I hope you're wearing a mechanical watch, Sup Forums.

We've already got a thread pleb.

Also
>Seiko5
>Being 2big4anyone

>Seiko
>Gaming keyboard full of leds
Yeah no. Go back to your watch thread you fucking underage

>Hairless arm
>seiko 5 2big4you
>Gayming keyboard

You must be at least 18 years of age to browse this website.

Shit, OP... did your balls drop yet?

I am.

You should've spent more on the watch and less on the keyboard.

Yes I am

>Being 2big4anyone
Are you kidding, you fucking manlet? It is made to be a good size for japanese ladyboys

it fits OP fine

OP here and yes, I'm Asian.

>being this insecure about your wrist size

I got this keyboard years ago when I was an underager. I'm building a 60% now.

Why do you hope so? Quartz is better.

Quartz will never be as beautiful as mechanical

My father's watch from 90's

You're right, but still, quartz is better.

I like it, but you should change the glass.

Why is quartz better? The cheapest watches has quartz. It's easy to get accurate watches, but a good mechanical watch is better if it's about as accurate or more accurate because you need some serious work to get it correct.

You should really get the crystal replaced because that is a tight little piece.

Why don't watch fags go to /fa/?

>harder to repair == better
Topkek

/fa/ is for smartwatches and other non-technological nonsense. We care about the technology, skill and microengineering in the watch. Not just some cheaply put together nonsense that looks nice.

it is a better piece of engineering.

Wrong crowd, you want to do snob wankery with other people in your field. /fa/ is just a bunch of teenagers trying to look cool.

>Why is quartz better?
You literally wrote two points yourself:
-cheaper
-requires less work to be accurate
Also it's more resistant to beatings, magnetization, requires only battery change every few years instead of expensive service, if it requires service it can be done for cheap or replaced for cheap, easier complications, movement is smaller.

Can't think of anything more at the moment, but I'm sure there's more.

i am

>not using glorious radio-controlled watches
seems like time is not so important for you

>Also it's more resistant to beatings, magnetization, requires only battery change every few years instead of expensive service, if it requires service it can be done for cheap or replaced for cheap, easier complications, movement is smaller.

But it is way less impressive

how much would it cost? i'm yurop

Depends... Go to your local watch maker and ask. (get saphire glass.. more expensive but won't scratch and so on)

Maybe. I don't buy watches to impress anyone.

Neither do I, I buy watches because I am impressed. But most people see a seiko and don't think twice about it.

but sapphire isn't glass

R8

You aren't white.

I'm not too fond of redundant, obsolete fashion accessories.

Ok thanks. Need to recalibrate the mechanism aswell after all these years tho

recc me an mechanical watch which costs less than $30
preferably a reliable brand

REEEEEEEEEE

This.

What's the point of having a watch if it's not worth more than $1k? You don't look more interesting because you use a $50 Seiko shit.
Stop trying to be a pretentious special snowflake and trying to be different and "classy".

>But user I use the calculator on my casio watch everyday!!
Sure thing pal. Take agolden star sticker.

yes, "Sapphire glass" is a crystal, not a glass. It is just CALLED "Sapphire glass". It does NOT have the physical properties of glass. "Sapphire glass" is just the name that is given to synthetic sapphire crystals.

Nice looking sweater.

>mechanical watch
>paying more for inferior technology
Holy shit you're retarded

My nigger.

I am.

why not?

HahahaHhHAHAHHAHAHAAhahaaahabbabaaabaHAHAHHHAHHAHHhahahahhahahahhahaha/57

the moon landing was fake.

i love the tactile feedback and clicks it makes for superior timekeeping

Nice

You mean
>paying more for superior technology

That's like paying more for HDD than SSD.
>muh superior moving parts

1969 was. 1971 was not.
Fist day wearing on this nato. I think it looks p good.

I am too

ITT: People who don't appreciate that the mechanical wristwatch is one of the most incredibly high precision feats of mechanical engineering ever developed.

Humans managed to invent a purely mechanical device that using nothing but spring power and gears to track the 86,400 seconds in a day to within +/- 10 seconds a day (much less for high quality movements).

This is using nothing but spring, gears, and human ingenuity to track time with 99.99℅ accuracy by using ~500,000 - 700,000 beats of a mechanical gear train per day.

If such a feat of mechanical engineering doesn't impress you then you don't belong on Sup Forums

>Less than 30$
Just get a Casio senpai.

I'm an electrical engineer and I simply prefer cheaper and better, more accurate, technology. I don't pay extra for obsolete bullshit.

No,

I wear a watch with a cheap ass electronic time keeping because it's more accurate.

Rip my movado. Got it as a gift but never wore it much, left it in my truck and it melted. Sorry for shit pic i crushed my s7 with a forklift at work.

>I'm an electrical engineer

>I don't have a job, yet I waste my money on inaccurate watches

Sure, but there is a reason people still find mechanical movements fascinating.

And then they invented a quartz watch, that did everything better and was cheaper to produce. Truly amazing, indeed.

>Boy I sure do find electric scooters much more interesting than vintage sports cars!

Literally you.

its time for bed, grandpa

I'm not. I wear one of these on the regular. Got tired of resetting the time on my auto everytime I didn't wear it all weekend, and the quartz is more accurate anyways.

I prefer my quartz over my 5 when it comes down to actual practicality, I had to re-set it regularly because it drifted like shit and I had no time, tools or interest to get it fixed.

omega masterrace

Why are all yalls wrists so dainty?

fuck off

>Why are all yalls wrists so dainty?
'Cos that's not the fapping hand.

I got this as a present recently, 2big4me

>2017
>watch
I use my phone to look at the time like a normal human.

>I use my phone to look at the time like a pleb.
Fix'd

>dainty
because Sup Forums is full of either fat fucks or twinks