Let's discuss kodi. For people who like using builds what are your favourites?

Let's discuss kodi. For people who like using builds what are your favourites?

I've been using the build from koditips,com.com but I'm finding it a bit cpu intensive. Is this normal or should I find something else to use?

kodi is good but not for a lazy guy like me.
>go to extensions
>select the extension
>go to search bar
>select "search tv shows"
>type
>select the tv show
>select season
>select which provider you're going to watch it
why i just can't acces to my favorite shows from homescreen
why don't you use official kodi or openelec?

Can't you use favourites for that?
>why don't you use official kodi or openelec?
Not sure what openelec is yet but it's just a bit of hassle setting up a fully featured kodi when i don't know that much about it at the moment.

openelec is kodi on top of lightweight linux core, it's the most lightweight you can use, i guess. but i assume you're using kodi on your pc, so it wouldn't make sense dual booting just for kodi.

Ah yeah, I am just using it on my pc right now. That sounds quite interesting though, I might have a look in to that, a dedicated box would be great.

Yeah, OpenElec is meant for dedicated media PCs. For example, I use it on my RaspberryPi3.

What's the point of custom builds? I've been using kodi for 5-6 years now, offficial builds with default skin has been better than anything else I've tried. I'm actually not looking forward to kodi 17 skin as I don't care about cover art and just want to browse text lists of media.

LibreELEC is even more lightweight and streamlined if you want to try that.

exodus on kodi has completely replaced cable for me now. canceled my cable a couple months ago

visual quality is cancer compered to a properly setup mpc.

Using OpenELEC on my raspi 2. Somehow buggy (slow in changing menus, sometimes hangs, sometimes crashes and reboots)
Scraper goes nuts after a few hundred movies, but it may as well be my crappy internet. I think I'll have to write my own scraper so I can manage it from my pc and then use the 'import' feature.

>lazy guy

Try yatse to control your kodi from smartphone. It's super handy and comfy to browse your collection from the couch, and way faster to load covers and plot rather than using the TV ui.

When will Kodi finally get mpv as it's player

but i already bought a rii keyboard, i don't want my money to go waste user :'( also i don't use smartphone for now

I think it's good for media hoarders. If you want a movie stream just use the fucking browser. Takes too long to open kodi, wait for it to update, search for the movie, find a working link. . Just a waste of time. Or you can always use Showbox and other apps.

>Try yatse to control your kodi from smartphone
If your MPC is connected via HDMI and your TV supports it, you could use the TV remote via CEC

yatse is goat

I went to a friends house yesterday and he was using a Kodi setup. I'd never seen it before and I was pretty impressed by it. It made my wall of Blu Ray look pretty redundant.

What's the risk in using it? I live in England if that matters. Legally speaking, of course.

As it stands I have Chromecast and android devices. Would that be sufficient or would I be better off buying a Kodi device from Amazon?

Is there anything better than a Raspberry Pi 3 for Kodi?

Exodus and Specto can be a flaky at times, I tried to watch Thundercats and sometimes I'd pick an episode and a completely different one would load, plus the quality was pot luck.

Great for watching new content like Westworld though, shame about the lack audio encoding... stereo it is.

X96 TV box?

>What's the risk in using it? I live in England if that matters. Legally speaking, of course
Why would there be a risk?

It's just a fancy media player which is easy to use.

>X96 TV box
Hmm, not sure if I want a Android box. I'm not sure if the producer will keep updating its firmware.

Well, I know torrents are dodgy because it's the sharing rather than acquisition of media, but is the same true of streaming? Can you get a letter from your ISP saying "Stop watching content you haven't paid for"?

Skin set up and configured already, good selection of sources and addons.
Mainly. Of course you can do all that yourself but it's saves time to have it all set up already.
What do you mean by 'official builds'?

>rii keyboard

I have one of those, ended buying a second spare just in case (10 euros well spent). I use them when I have to fix desktops on the fly and don't have space to move or add other bigger keyboards. Also to operate the raspi when in raspian mode.
It will not go wasted, and I'm sure you or your friends have a spare old android they don't use and could be of great value to your kodi setup.
Try it once, you won't go back to the keyboard.

I used the remote on another android - kodi box, still a smartphone or tablet is faster when you have to search for things.

Anybody?

that never happened before

If you're torrenting stuff, yes you could get letters from your ISP if not using any sort of VPN or what have you.
However, with streaming (true streaming, not torrenting with a streaming facade as that still means you're uploading shit) they can't do much because you aren't sharing it, you're just viewing someone's copy. Pretty much ISPs get mad when any uploading of data is happening.

Over clock it. Mine runs awesome.

openelec is the way to go on the RP2/3, Its lightweight.

Thanks lads.

Additional question.

I like obscure foreign cinema. Exodus doesn't have much. Are there services I can use that cater to my taste?

I thought you guys were autistic when it comes to quality, so why stream?

ISPs dont care if you stream because they arent getting infringement letters. Since you arent connecting to a torrent that could possibly have someone logging IPs there is no risk. The risk lies with the host of the streams.