L*nux corrupted and potentially destroyed my Windows partition and all my important files

L*nux corrupted and potentially destroyed my Windows partition and all my important files.

Do not fall for the L*nux meme if you don't want to spend 95% of your time just making your computer barely work.

It's more likely hardware failure or PEBKAC.

You're such a dumbass. You could have just put it in a VM or another SSD.

I've been using both for like 3 years now.

>Do not fall for the L*nux meme if you don't want to spend 95% of your time just making your computer barely work.
Do not fall for the GNU/Linux meme if you don't want to spend 95% of your time installing gentoo right

>It's more likely hardware failure
the disk is 4 months old

>Linux disables Windows from booting when both installed in the same PC

but I thought it was the other way around...?

Bye bye retard

This happens when windows doesn't release the partitions correctly (ie: hibernate or fast boot mode).

Although most system wont let you mount a locked partition you managed to screw it up.

In any case the solution its right there on the dolphin error window, you can launch a cmd promp from the windows recovery partition.

My first 2TB Seagate died in 4 months.

>L*nux corrupted and potentially destroyed my Windows partition and all my important files.
LINUX CURES CANCER! NEWS AT 11!

Then you are just a fucking idiot and run into problems other people don't run into. Let that soak in, you are retarded enough to fail at shit that shouldn't even be difficult.

Nobody knows that feel.

It's because when you shut down windows, it lies and doesn't actually shut down. It hibernates instead so that it can fake booting up faster next time. You have to trick it by using the restart option instead, then catch it before it boots again.

Or just disable the "fast boot" garbage.

You are a faggot who can't do it right

No problems here, 1 SSD where Windows is, 500GB HDD with NTFS partition for data, 1TB with NTFS partition and a small partition where I have my GNU/Linux installation + GRUB

Retard

Darwin awards

Pressing shift while shutting down windows works too.

wtf I hate windows now

You're a fucking noob OP. Get an hd for each OS. ONE FOR WINDOWS, ONE FOR NIX. I've been dualbooting for years on my gaming pc zero problems.
>>l2grub

>You need two hard drives to be able to run Linux
Sup Forums, everyone...

haha nub

hahaha what the fuck did you do you goddamn retard lolololol

if you're too fucking stupid to install another operating system then you shouldn't be considering other operating systems in the first place lol

It worked fine for a couple weeks. Then suddenly after an update it broke.

It is

This is 95% Microsoft's fault and 5% OP's.

> Windows corrupts partition
> Linux gives the solution to fix it
> "LINUX BROKE WINDOWS! LINUX IS SHIT!"

You are a fucking wasted sperm OP

How am I supposed to use that solution if I literally cant even get Windows recovery to boot?

Hahah dumb goyim

I'm fucking calling it, linux didn't break shit OP just misconfigured something

>feds raid you
>try to shut down
>all decryption passwords are still in ram
I wonder how many twitter ddosers have been fucked by this

That's cute, you don't know how to get partitioning set up right.

But you know what? Some of us don't have Windows installed on our computers at all. And our computers work fine regardless. Imagine that!

You don't need to be on Windows to do chkdsk /f, just start up the installation media of windows and use the command prompt there dipshit.
This is why I hate retards who can't Google first before going to others.

>L*nux corrupted and potentially destroyed my Windows partition
That's a feature, not a bug.

love watching fags like you get owned

>But you know what? Some of us don't have Windows installed on our computers at all.
And the rest of us have a job.

Being a paid shill for Microsoft doesn't count as having a job.

>free software

free, meaning, constructed by hobbyist imbeciles with a lot of time and nothing valuable on their hands

linux retards spend thousands of hours installing and uninstalling bullshit OSes that do jackshit and have no support, then wonder why no one uses their shitty platforms

fuck off, linux desktop-of-the-year spergs

This

>OSes that do jackshit and have no support
Windows support = pajeet telling you to reinstall Vindalows 10

>pajeet
>"Look mom, I said it again xd"

>free, meaning, constructed by hobbyist imbeciles with a lot of time and nothing valuable on their hands
Free software means the developers and maintainers actually care about the product. Paid software is usually developed just to make money, all the managers care is that the software is good enough to sell, and the programmers don't care about writing good code as long as they keep getting paid. Not to mention, if a flaw is found in free software, you can fix it yourself or contact someone who can; if you find a flaw in a proprietary product, the maintainers either A) don't care B) say it's the user's fault or C) vanished off the face of the earth ten years ago

100 rupees to your Curry pot / bedpan

Did you try to install arch or something?

I think the biggest contributor to Linux is Intel

>L*nux corrupted and potentially destroyed my Windows partition and all my important files.

That's why you backed up all your data before installing, right?

First thing to do with a computer is have installation media, applications etc backed up. If you have a clean install, an image of that is even easier to install.

Dual booting is retarded. Choose a host OS and run guest OS in VMs.

Of course you thoroughly studied your options, such as VMs, on the internet and didn't just stupidly do stuff because you read it on Sup Forums, right?

>linux retards spend thousands of hours installing and uninstalling bullshit OSes that do jackshit and have no support, then wonder why no one uses their shitty platforms

I don't. If you do, you are a fool. If computers are difficult for you, get a Mac. Anyone who is computer literate should be able to shift effortlessly between OS.

that's what OP gets for being a dual booting pussy who just wants to use Linux to post screenfetches and pretend he's cool

Does anyone know what is Microsoft doing this January? There have been tens of Linux bashing threads. What's going on? Half of those were just complaints without any screenshots or proof.

>tfw I literally just bought a copy of Linux

I fucking knew I was getting meme'd by Sup Forums. returning my copy asap, will never ever touch this shite.

>use Linux to post screenfetches
Well, that's literally like the only thing you can do on Linux.

good thing that you can get all your money back.

>need linux for ONE program
>VM runs slow as shit and i cant figure out how to share files
>try to install linux onto a spare hdd i have
>generic shitware error at boot
>reflash my usb with a different iso
>simply doesnt do anything and just displays a flashing cursor
yeah linux lmao

Of course you don't specify the make and model of the PC, because you think they are all the same and you are a dumbass.

> i cant figure out how to share files

Stick to Windows. Most people do fine with it. Windows is easy to deal with and if you have problems with that, get a Mac. If you have problems with that, KYS.

No one should complain about Linux. If you don't like it, don't use it, because you have no fucking requirement to use it!

How easy is that? Very. Now piss off. Linux doesn't need users and you don't need Linux.

>48 posts and 5 image replies omitted.

consider suicide, all of you