Were Russians recently involved in US Government hacking?

Were Russians recently involved in US Government hacking?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14P04P
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/intelligence-chiefs-expected-in-new-york-to-brief-trump-on-russian-hacking/2017/01/06/5f591416-d41a-11e6-9cb0-54ab630851e8_story.html
thehackernews.com/2016/02/fbi-hacker-arrest.html
fortune.com/2016/12/21/donald-trump-drain-swamp-gingrich/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals
dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
ed.stanford.edu/news/stanford-researchers-find-students-have-trouble-judging-credibility-information-online
politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/jan/06/jesse-watters/claim-john-podestas-email-password-was-password-la/
noquarterusa.net/blog/79525/big-lie-assessing-russian-activities-intentions-recent-us-elections/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Obviously yes.

reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14P04P

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/intelligence-chiefs-expected-in-new-york-to-brief-trump-on-russian-hacking/2017/01/06/5f591416-d41a-11e6-9cb0-54ab630851e8_story.html

Obviously no

Yes, traceroute says so.

There's still no proof, only "Because we said so" bullshit. Also the very deliberate focus on discrediting Assange is troubling. We know one for certain, Podesta was tricked into giving his credentials in a manner that ANY dipshit with a computer could have pulled off. The fact that officials are dismissing this claim by Assange, only makes this more suspicious. Read this if you want to see how fucking clueless the people in charge of this are: thehackernews.com/2016/02/fbi-hacker-arrest.html
Please note Clapper, himself, is amongst the victims of these teenaged retards. I'm not trusting anything these sleazy bastards say.

Democrats before the election: Trump is a big phony lover, it's impossible to rig the election.
Democrats when they got BTFO: MUH RUSSIANS

No. The intelligence report is autistic screeching about RT of all things.

There's also no explanation why Russian hacking would work in the Midwest and not the West Coast or Northeast.

Shillary is a fucking disaster and the DNC is a crime cartel that got caught.

Donald Trump is the 45th President of the United States.

MAGA

>Shillary is a fucking disaster and the DNC is a crime cartel that got caught.
This may be true, but for whatever reason both parties are devouring and regurgitating this shit. I suspect theres some serious fear of Washingtons corruption being exposed.The swamp is feeling quite threatened right now.

The swamp is about to grow into an ocean of shit thanks to Trump.

Welcome to the Amerikan Federation, komrade.

Yes

>Were Russians recently involved in US Government hacking?
Most likely, yes. To what extent, unknown, as the security agencies have yet to post their proofs or methods used.

It is more than plausible that Russia was involved in some fishy business, they have a long history of coordinated hacking attacks, for example against Lithuania, during the Ukraine invasion, during the invasion of Georgia etc. Russians are usually up to no good, and it's pretty clear that Trump is dancing after Putin's pipe for some weird reason, either if it's just to fuck with Obama or if it is because he has some business interests in Russia... We won't know.

I love how Assange has gone from the far-right's kill list to being their lord and saviour.

Trump before the election: It's a rigged system!
Trump after the election: I won fair and square, everyone is just being a sore loser.

someone should compile the kernel and trace the ip address through a backdoor

Trump before the election: It's rigged, Hillary rigged the DNC
Trump after the election: 3 million illegals voted; it was rigged but I still won

>unironically calling it the swamp
Even Trump admitted to saying that just because it became a popular meme.

fortune.com/2016/12/21/donald-trump-drain-swamp-gingrich/

>Trump is dancing after Putin's pipe for some weird reason
There is no weird reason, Exxon is about to invest billions in Russia and it's president will be Trump's secretary of state.

How many many crimes has she been charged with ?
How many crimes has the Obama administration be charged with ?

If you want to talk about most corrupt administrations, no one even comes close to Reagans.

138 convictions - CONVICTIONS :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals

So what you're saying that Trump just makes up shit on the fly?

I don't know about the 3 million illegals voting, but Hillary did rig the Democratic primaries.

>I love how Assange has gone from the far-right's kill list to being their lord and saviour.
Sir, I can assure you, I am not a Rep/Dem, only a man seeking truth.Trump is a dumbass who can't keep his mouth shut long enough to hide his intentions, these career scumbags in Washington however, are well versed in deceit. I'm just saying, if you look closely at the hearing from the other day, it will be clear that something evil is going on. And it's not Russia that is to blame.

I don't understand the logic, how does the DNC fucking Bernie Sanders over equate with rigging the system against Trump?

It's so corrupt people don't even get arrested for this shit anymore.

Watergate was peanuts compared to what happens today.

>evil
I don't believe in good or evil, stop touting christian memes.

>reuters
>washington post

lmao

I used the current term for Washington DC. Cesspool fell out of favor recently.

>Watergate was peanuts compared to what happens today.
Friendly reminder that this is actually what Millennials are believing.

This country is going down the drain, fast.

Washington post is biased AF, but Reuters? Come on, user.

Obviously it's a lot harder to rig the national election, but if Hillary was willing to do it once against someone in her own party, why wouldn't she do if in the actual election?

Which party last week in Congress tried to completely dismantle the independent ethics committee ? That is what corruption looks like

>willing to rig
Both parties are willing to rig it (remember Watergate? Remember Chinese-made voting machines that incorrectly gave Bush more votes?), that's why you design a fair system in the first place. Hell, that's why the electoral college was created in the first place.

You can't rig an election that's designed to be fair, that's the whole point of election laws.

>I don't believe in good or evil
Wrong,negative,detrimental, are you satisfied,m'lady?

I'm not satisfied until people on the fucking right stop to unironically defend Russia and realize the threat Putin constitutes.

Mark my words, under Trump, Russia will become an economic powerhouse, rivalling China and the US. Even superseding the US in many areas.

>Russia doesn't have the right to become an economic powerhouse
get the fuck outta here pussy nigga scared of vodka chinks

If Russia wants to become a powerhouse, they should play by the rules instead of trying to weaken the EU and influencing top US politicians and law makers.

But you just revealed yourself as a russian astroturf. That figures. How many ruples does Putin pay you to post on Sup Forums from your russian troll factory?

The electoral college was created partly because it was hard to get the exact popular vote back then, and also in part so shitty pleb mobs didn't have ultimate control.

I'm saying things are pretty corrupt today. Remember when congress passed the S.T.O.C.K. act which stopped them from insider trading, and then gutted the act a few years later?

Watergate was not ordered by Nixon. The people who did it did it on their own accord. The problem was Nixon defended them. He deleted a couple minutes of tape. If he had just came clean and thrown those guys under the bus, it wouldn't have been an issue. Today people probably wouldn't have even cared if it happened.

That's probably what would happen eventually anyways. Russia has always been a strong nation.

>Which party last week in Congress tried to completely dismantle the independent ethics committee ? That is what corruption looks like
These are the things I am talking about. Both parties are scrambling to cover their asses. Those leaks from Assange do not end at Hillary just because they were about her. They open a whole new realm of questions that focus on D.C. as a whole.Remember, whenever Washington feels pressured, we ALL have to bear the painful consequences.

>they should play by the rules instead of trying to weaken the EU and influencing top US politicians and law makers.
There are no rules you naive retard, you think the chinks or the US got to where they are now playing by the rules instead of meddling on everyone's business?
Typical americuck thinking he's got the moral superiority.

>also in part so shitty pleb mobs didn't have ultimate control.
My point exactly. It was created to ensure a fair election.

>Watergate was not ordered by Nixon
I didn't say it was, and neither was the rigging of the DNC ordered by president Obongo or Hillary. Debbie Wasserjewshulz was.

>The people who did it did it on their own accord. The problem was Nixon defended them. He deleted a couple minutes of tape. If he had just came clean and thrown those guys under the bus, it wouldn't have been an issue. Today people probably wouldn't have even cared if it happened.
See above.

>That's probably what would happen eventually anyways. Russia has always been a strong nation.
They're not strong, which is why they are pulling threads everywhere they can in order to get their ways.

I'm not even American you cunt. I witness the influence Putin has over European far-right politicians every day, and how he's doing the merchant hand rub over stuff like Brexit and Le Penne's popularity.

I'm still waiting for some proofs. Otherwise I will see it as a complete lie always reminding myself of iraq and the mwds that didn't exist after all.

The thing that bothers me in all this is the way they use hacking. No hacking/cracking actually took place. The reality, as far as I know, is that podesta and someone else in the DNC are idiots who fell for a spearfishing attack. Something that's dubious to prove who did what. And, that RT was shilling for trump. Just like fox news. Just like MSNBC was shilling for hillary. If they want to shill they're free to shill, the government loosened the news laws in the USA, making that perfectly legal. They want to crack down, then feel free, of course, it'll bring up 1984 analogies, so they just counter it with reports like HACKING and FAKE NEWS. Genie and the bottle. If there's some evidence they actually messed with some system or something then OK, let's talk about hacking. Right now though the big deal is wikileaks, and let's be honest, only because it swung against their preferred choice. If trump was the one hurt by all this there would be some empty platitudes about wikileaks being bad, and then a feeding frenzy by the media, which is akin to what happened now just with less hemming and hawing. What everyone is really upset over is russian influence on the USA election. Hacking is some meally mouth choice of words, possibly to set justifications for a coming crackdown internet privacy and control, as if it wasn't bad enough as it is.

>He thinks those far right politicians won't turn on him when they need a new a boogeyman or they get a better associate
>He thinks those politicians even care about Vlad and don't use him as a pubilicity stunt
you may not be an americuck but you're still a naive mong

People forget that the CIA didn't publicly go out and say that Iraq had WMDs, fucking Rumsfeld did.

This isn't the same scenario at all, here the CIA (and 16 other organizations) goes out and say the opposite of what the Republican hawks are trying to trick people into believing.

>Putin have donated/loaned millions of euros to Le Penne
>"it's just a publicity stunt bro!! chill bro!!!"

>Gaddafi donated/loaned millions of euros to Sarkozy and Berlusconi
>>"They won't bomb him bro!! he'll be alright, chill bro!!!"
yeah you're a naive retard

>Sarkozy
Repeated claims without any actual proof.

>Berlusconi
Berlusconi is the exact type of politician Trump will be, influenced by foreign powers with money and prostitutes.

A friendly reminder, that John Podesta's password was literally password.

They deserve everything that happened.

This isn't about defending Russia or their politics, it's about questioning the obviously shady shit our government is trying to pull. Russia is no more likely to have intervened with our politics than, China,North Korea,Iran, middle eastern terrorists, home-grown terrorists, or any number of the growing list of people who hate the United States. Their 'boogeyman" is a diversion from the real problem of ethics.

no it wasn't - FAKE NEWS.

And all that refutes my argument how?
You're naive as fuck.
Get a bunker the russian bear is coming for you ohhhhhhh!!!!!1

CTR please go.

>This isn't about defending Russia or their politics, it's about questioning the obviously shady shit our government is trying to pull
Friendly reminder that if you trust POLITICIANS on this, you're doing it very very wrong. See I do not trust what comes out of Trump's mouth. He's every bit the liar any of the seasoned Washington politicians are. Remember that this guy has literally spent his entire life buying property at low cost, slapping on some gold letters and selling it again as luxury real estate.

>Russia is no more likely to have intervened with our politics than, China,North Korea,Iran, middle eastern terrorists, home-grown terrorists, or any number of the growing list of people who hate the United States.
I agree, but Russian hackers are demonstratively among the best in the world and currently only Israel have a cyberwarfare department able to compete with literally hoardes of Russian hackers and astroturfs (aka troll factories).

There's a culture among Russian hackers that the Russian state will allow you to fuck around with foreign companies and banks as long as you don't fuck with Russian ones and that you come to the aid of the government when they need you.

As much as I'm reveling in pointing and laughing at the same brainless dullards who went straight up Romney's ass for his "cold war" worldview in 2012 now blaming the spectacular loss of an awful candidate on MUH RUSSIANS to avoid facing reality, I'd still say sure. They had an option between two antagonistic warmongers, one pointing a gun at them and another pointing a gun at their mutual enemy whose election would also be a massive fuck you to the dick currently in charge, I think it would be silly to assume that they would abstain from even a little bit of fucking around if they could help it.

But am I going to join the rest of the press and pseudo-intellectual faggots and start pointing all my fingers at them before any real evidence is presented as if an established family like the Clintons wouldn't make enemies or the DNC and Clinton campaigns would be entirely free of people who maybe disagreed with the way the primaries were handled? No. Clinton ultimately didn't lose because of leaked emails, she lost because of her hubris, she assumed she owned the rust belt by right of that big (D) next to her name while standing on a shoddy platform built from facebook-tier feelgood bullshit, identity politics, whataboutism and other stupid garbage nobody cared about where it mattered. And it's time they accept it and learn from it, because I don't want to feel backed into a corner in 2020 the same way I did in 2016.

Trump knows the truth, the problem is that he plans to remove sanctions from Russia as soon as possible and this greatly complicates his plan.

literally - his Secretary of State has 300 million in deals with Exxon that are on hold because of the current sanctions.

>A friendly reminder, that John Podesta's password was literally password.
B-but no 14 year old hacker would have the resources to take advantage of this! Cyber is hard! Russia too smart! Our paid shill Crowdstrike even says so!

Yes, and the scary thing is most Americans don't care.

>I agree, but Russian hackers are demonstratively among the best in the world
See

>Information provided does not fit the gleaming narrative of the mainstream media
>MUH FAKE NOOZ!!!
>Argument instantly invalidated

Wtf I hate Trump now

>"Russia is a threat to stability of Europe"
>"You're naive as fuck!"

How the fuck does being aware of Russia make me naive? How the fuck does waking up to fucking Russian submarines invading the fjords of Stockholm make me naive? How the fuck does seeing Russia blatantly invading Ukraine the second they decide that they'd rather join the EU than make shady gas deals with Russia any more make me naive? How the fuck does seeing Ukraine politicians being fucking poisoned KGB-style with polonium make me naive? How the fuck is trying to bully the baltic countries into giving in to Russian influence make ME naive?

Putin has spent the last 20 years trying to make Russia great again.

gmail doesn't even let you use 'password' as a password......

>believing the grey-haired dingo man's blatant lies to protect his "sources" and """journalistic integrity"""

Friendly reminder that most of Assange's original Wikileaks collaborators abandoned Assange because they found him too extreme and radical and acting way to partially.

really ? try changing your gmail password to "password" you can't

Guess which network propagated this "password" BS ?

russians didn't "hack the election"
there is zero evidence of them affecting vote outcomes and you can read this in the US government report that was declassified earlier this week

dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

the only "hacks" were the ones regarding the DNC leaks, which isn't really hacking the election and more exposing the shady things done by americans to influence the election. even then, wikileaks says their source for this data was not russian

obviously trump is russia's preferred candidate and they tried to influence people to pick him, but they didn't flip votes or compromise machines

>Podesta's password was literally password
Unless the jews at Google somehow made an exception for John Podesta, then no it wasn't.

So we caught US intelligence in their first blatant lie! Good show, Holmes! Jolly good show!

>obviously trump is russia's preferred candidate and they tried to influence people to pick him, but they didn't flip votes or compromise machines
Nobody is claiming this. Trump is saying that the report claims this, but it fucking doesn't. He's basically propagating a red herring.

>B-but, he was a valid source w-when h-he pointed out the wrong doings of the B-Bush regime.

Yes, I guess all the baltic countries and Georgia used "password" as password too.

>gmail wont let me be literally retarded
>therefor it is 100% impossible for it to ever happen
>FAKE NOOZ! FAKE NOOZ! FAKE NOOZ!

Wtf I hate Russia now

Actually, I never claimed that. I think Bradley Manning was a valid source in pointing out some serious issues within the military, but I've always disregarded Assange as some weirdo leftist conspiracy theory hatching loony.

please head back to your containment area Sup Forums

>"it was literally X"
>"no it wasn't, that's impossible"
>"wow i'm still correct and you are wrong because i say so"
Great argument.

You illustrate perfectly why millennials are so influenced by fake news and never conduct any source checking or are able to spot logical fallacies.

ed.stanford.edu/news/stanford-researchers-find-students-have-trouble-judging-credibility-information-online

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LIBERAL KEKS

I BET YOU LOVE MASTURBATING TO BIG BLACK COCKS FUCKING OUR PRECIOUS DAUGHTERS, DON'T YOU??!!!

YOU FUCKING LUGENPRESSEN READING NAIVE FUCKTARDS

KEKS!!! KEKS!!!!!

I don't know if they were, but I hope they were because the United States has interfered with my country's politics and elections a lot. They need a taste of their own medicine.

Using your logic ( and the logic of these so called (((intelligence agencies)))), we'd save an awful lot of money on prisons in this country. I mean, if we hand picked one representative for each crime you can commit, and jailed them saying they committed every crime they were accused of, we could conceivably fit all of the criminals in on prison and there would be no crime left. Good stuff. You should run for president on this platform alone.

Pic related

Trump stands for traditional american values. He is a soviet spy.
Democrats stand for socialism and absolving old rules. They are true patriots.

How the fuck did I handpick one representative for each crime? All I pointed out was that
1) Russians have the best hackers
2) John Podesta having his password "password" is neither true nor an argument against Russians having the best hackers
3) The Baltic countries are continuously experiencing cyberwarfare from Russia

What kind of Sup Forums autism are you attributing to my post? Did I fucking say that Trump or Putin alone were responsible? No, I fucking didn't.

Literal autism

Pretty sure it was a variation OF password like p@ssword. Also note that even if you can't set it like that now it's very possible that you could back when he did years ago.

See

Even that shitbag Clapper summed up the situation with: Those who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw rocks. He got the saying wrong but the point is truth. It's pretty ridiculous to be getting worked up about a "potential" act of aggression, when you, yourself, do the same on a daily basis.

>I'm pretty sure
You niggers are complaining about lack of proof coming from the CIA and the FBI, yet you expect me to take wild speculations from underaged shitposters on 4chins as facts?

Come on, user.

>The Baltic countries are continuously experiencing cyberwarfare from Russia
So that makes them (Russia) guilty of all similar crimes? Any sys-admins in here wanna comment on Chinese attacks on their systems?

I'm not claiming to know that for sure. What I meant by I'm pretty sure was I'm pretty sure I heard.

>Also note that even if you can't set it like that now it's very possible that you could back when he did years ago.
Unlike you, obviously, I'm old enough to have had Gmail from the beginning. You never could do this.

Stop trying to reiterate this lie and pretend that it is somehow true, just because you would very much like it to be true.

>So that makes them (Russia) guilty of all similar crimes?
Never said so. All I'm saying is that Russia is very capable and have been willing to in the past.

>Any sys-admins in here wanna comment on Chinese attacks on their systems?
China is just as bad, user.

>I've heard
Where did you hear that? I swear, you fucking millennials will cherry pick "news" without any form of source checking.

Different password, not his gmail password.

The default password for his new work computer was "p@ssw0rd" - on first login it would have to be changed to a secure password. Standard IT stuff

yes now stop posting fake news before i call the police

I've had a Gmail account since 2004 when you had to be invited to the beta and had 5 invites of your own. Just because I never tried to make my password p@ssword so didn't know you can't doesn't mean I haven't been around retard.

>I've had a Gmail account since 2004 when you had to be invited to the beta and had 5 invites of your own.
Same

>Just because I never tried to make my password p@ssword so didn't know you can't doesn't mean I haven't been around retard.
Well stop pretending that you know for a fact that you could then. Fucking shifting arguments, you just fucking claimed you could and now you're backtracking and saying that I'm wrong because only a retard would try that.

You're wrong, you lost and get the fuck back to Sup Forums.

Ah ok.

Perhaps Assange is thinking of a February 2015 email in the WikiLeaks dump. In that email, a staffer tells Podesta that his Windows 8 login on what appears to be a new work computer is username: jpodesta and password: p@ssw0rd.

politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/jan/06/jesse-watters/claim-john-podestas-email-password-was-password-la/

p@ssw0rd is a pretty bad default password, but it would be forced to change on first login, and lock out your computer after a certain number of bad attempts if group policy is set up correctly.

Confirmed spewing bullshit but at least you got to show off how old you are.

I never claimed it as a fact I said it was possible.

Yes, it is possible that John Podesta was a fucking retard.

Yes, it's possible that some 14 year old wikileaks nigger hacked his email.

But guess what, it's also possible that Kreml is deciding what wikileaks should post or not, seeing how the RNC was ALSO hacked, but no emails there were leaked.

Assange has a clear political leaning and is partial as fuck. Do NOT confuse him for an objective journalist telling the truth, the whole truth and only the truth.

>China is just as bad, user.
That was my point,son.I'm not defending Russia,either,I simply think it's a lousy idea to fuck with a country who has the capability to flatten the world. You just don't make these bold statements in front of the world without thinking things through.Trigger happy politicians have already made us look like retards in the middle east and lots of people were killed as a result.

Friendly reminder that Wikileaks used some Reddit-made phantom drawings that looked similar to the Podesta brothers in order to propagate the Washington Pizza Pedophile ring """news"""

Wikileaks are a bunch of underaged """hacktivists"""

>That was my point,son.I'm not defending Russia,either,I simply think it's a lousy idea to fuck with a country who has the capability to flatten the world.
No, it's important to call out the bullshit when you see it.

There is no way in acting polite just because Russia is a strong bully.

Remember that the US also have a hefty arsenal, and Putin is not out for war, he just wants a strong Russia.

>Assange has a clear political leaning and is partial as fuck.
Are you shitting me? You're seriously going to imply Assange is a Trump supporter? Holy fuck! I've seen it all!

Trump stands for his ego and his money. He has no values or principles, none. He serves as a cipher for the billionaire cronies with whom he surrounds himself.

noquarterusa.net/blog/79525/big-lie-assessing-russian-activities-intentions-recent-us-elections/

Even a former analyst at the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency says it's probably all bullshit.