Redpill me on C# Sup Forums. I currently know Python and C++ and am looking to expand on my programming knowledge

Redpill me on C# Sup Forums. I currently know Python and C++ and am looking to expand on my programming knowledge.

It's like java, but made by your favourite company Microsoft!

It's a decent language.

It's a less shitty Java. Works best on Windows, but mono is alright overall. The native compilation is also getting better pretty quickly.

8/10 it's not bad.

xml infested design pattern convoluted wannabe java clone with loose exception handling

there is really no advantage over java except java is dying.

It's Java done right.

C# has a much better standard library than Java.

using () {
using () {
using () {
using () {
using () {
using () {
using () {
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

I was actually looking into Java because I realize that's the standard for enterprise environments, but a lot of normies online recommend C# as it'll most likely be the "new" Java.

Sorry guys, totally newfag here. How do i start with programming? I already know a bit of python (functions, while and for, loops, introduction of different strings) i would like to learn c++ and c#. Where do i start?

Just keep using Python.

Just pick one and keep going with it. C++ is pretty hard for beginners, Python is easy as hell so I'd say use that until you understand OOP completely and you'll be able to change languages much easier.

if you wanna learn
>C++
get code::blocks + mingw (it's basically a self-contained package that allows you to compile code without setting up much)
read tutorials
just google it, seriously
>C#
you have to get Visual Studio IDS (Community)
follow tutorials online

this /thread

Also what is developing C# on Linux like?

It's my main programming language at work and it's comfy but only when you are proficient in the ecosystem. I'm learning Rust and I'm working on a little hobby project in C++ but C# is perfect for doing shit fast at work.

Was nice for me. Ditched it in favour of /real/ C, though

retards who don't know that they can just stack using statements on top of one another
using()
using()
using() {

}
Learn the language before you shit on it, you fucking mongs.

You're shitting me.

>retards

It's literally in the documentation, you (double)retard.

Mirror!

>pajeet thinks this is normal
is this what rajesh from youtube taught you to do?

Just make sure you stick with something

If you try to find a new language every couple of months you'll learn nothing.

Python is very good for beginners, since it's easy to learn, and there is a lot of resources online about it. Other languages are less so

C# is better than shitty Java

>Redpill me on [x]
>>>/global/rules/2/