He pirates with torrents

>he pirates with torrents

They're efficient, streamable, hard to take down. What's wrong with them?

^ this desu

>he replies to bait threads

As opposed to what? Dead links to MEGAUPLOAD?

>hard to take down.
Do torrent fags actually believe this? Just because nobody bothers to, doesn't mean it's hard.

Obviously to buying them. Gee.

I wish I knew the IRC servers where I could download movies. Rizon is just good for anime.

>he fell for the 'private trackers are secure' placebo
The only way to be secure with torrents is using a VPN and disabling all incoming connections, but even then it's inherently an insecure protocol, using an exclusive tracker won't change that, it only takes 1 bad actor to join the swarm and log everyones IP.

Why it hasn't been replaced with a truly anonymous & encrypted protocol yet is beyond me.

Just how could a p2p file sharing system be truly anonymous & encrypted?

I'm not really sure, there's things like iMule for i2p which are anonymous/encrypted but slow asf, some people have had success getting torrents working over Tor too but that's hard to setup I think.

You'd assume people would be trying to look into it but there really doesn't seem to be much progress other than stuff like the hacks above, which is pretty sus to me IMO. Almost feels like (((someone))) wants an easily traceable & insecure protocol to be the popular P2P method instead. I'm not prone to conspiracy theories but that really does make me think.

>small, easy to download and even easier to use
>way faster than literally every other option
>huge catalog mostly untouched
>every single action against piracy is met with a massive media coverage.
>"Guys THE FUCKING FEDS just took down this fast, reliable, secure and easy to use service to download literally everything! And they cant track who downloaded the stuff because its private!! WHAAAT. I hope you guys dont use this haha alright then we're gonna go. Dont use this."
>IP practically public
>probably moles in every private tracker
Torrent in general is murky as fuck as it is, honestly. if it wasnt so damn convenient i wouldve stopped using it years ago.

what channel do you use

I wonder if GNUtella is still around. Recall seeing that get bandied about ages ago.

Most of the plebs here have no clue about IRC or the patrician's choice Usenet. They're kids still fresh out of diapers though. Not a big deal.

>he pirates with usenet

I only pirate through physically couriered hand-written copies of the original code

>he pirates

>he only dares to sail on calm waters
>calls himself a pirate