GOP introduces bill to cut down H1B abuse

usatoday.com/story/tech/2017/01/04/issa-bill-aims-reform-h-1b-immigration-visa-program/96156654/

Looks like Pajeet can no longer come here to shit up good code!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd be worried that the companies that abuse H1B visas now will just end up outsourcing shit to india instead.

and it would be cheaper.

Only mundane/ low priority code is outsourced. The important stuff is always developed in USA.

I used to work for a company that outsourced its coding to India but brought back the work to its office in the US. The reason: shit code

That's ok, housing will cheapen in places like Silicon Valley.

Paying 2800 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment sucks desu.

lose job after I train an h1b
they are taking orrr jeeerbs.all of my rage.
go to job interview, see most of the team are h1bs
whatever
the recruiter asked me how much I want.
asked him the national average for my profession and experience.
he laugh his ass and told me he will call me.
all of my rage.

thank God

They'll pay big border tax when they bring that software over border.

This. Shit even fucking Oakland is getting gentrified
>suburb an hour away from SF
>new 3bed/2.5bath is $600,000
JUST
U
S
T

Shit I'm in Oakland, and got this house for 70k. 3 years later, it is worth 350k. God damn shit has increased.

How are they gonna enforce that when pajeet can email you the entire project in a 20MB zip?

They can't afford to chance the loss of IP. Pajeet would surely abide by American copyright and contract laws while living in Mumbai right?

>cut down H1B abuse
Written only by someone with no understanding of how immigration system works in the USA.

No need to bring racism into this. Immigration is a good thing.

This isn't even real immigration.
They get sent back as soon as their contract with their company is over.

I wouldn't mind immigration if they were coming over here legitimately to live here and compete fairly like everyone else in this country.
But they're being given unfair preference because they're dirt cheap and they're treated like slaves.
Companies like microsoft hire H1Bs and pack them in apartment blocks, 8 people at a time, and then send their paychecks back to their families directly.
I can't communicate to companies that I wouldn't mind being paid as little as them because I'm not even considered in the hiring process.
They set out wanting H1Bs and they put out fake bait listings so they can prove that they couldn't find anyone and then they get their H1Bs.

youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU
If there was such a shortage of american workers, why would they need to call in immigration experts to help them avoid hiring all those skilled americans?

The H type of Visas is a way to cater to big business that requires large numbers of workers and has had enough with dealing with americans for some reason. Large agricultural companies, as well as large food companies and others along with the tech Industry have been using the H type of visas exactly the way it was designed to be used. This isn't abuse, it is being used exactly as designed. It is literally the only legal way to "immigrate" to the USA.

And even then, after the contract is over, either between 6 months or a 1 year, they need to leave or become illegal immigrants.

>has had enough with dealing with americans for some reason

They're sick of being paid shit wages.
You ever hear about how there's a huge shortage of software developers?
There's no shortage of developers, there's a shortage of developers willing to work for literal shit pay with no benefits.

What I dont understand about this is one very simple thing... Why the fuck do these workers need to even come to the US to do tech work??? Can't they do it from anywhere in the world??

It's not actually cheaper, but it brings in short-term savings for companies and MBAs can take credit for those cost reductions, line their pockets with bonuses, and then bail before anyone can hold them accountable for their management decisions.

fucking finally

This is a joke, right?

The infrastructure in india is just complete crap

It will never happen!

If they can't find suitable Americans to fill positions, they're allowed to import H1B1s. Companies do it all the time.

Or they're just this retarded.

These people should be gassed, user.

Nope, they want to hire 10 years experience and pay them minimum wage.
Nobody wants to train, nobody wants to give anyone a probation period, the market is so saturated it's easier to demand everyone get a 4 year math degree (CS) in order to work entry level help desk.

This is what all tech work is boiling down to.
Nobody respects tech workers and they're getting the shaft because they're too stupid to unionize.

Nope, it's an exploit to hire H1B1s.

>they're getting the shaft because they're too stupid to unionize.
This is true actually

This is literally the end of America.

Companies will just take their jobs to countries where it's easier to do business.

The American education system doesn't produce enough qualified people.

The Americans who are qualified will push up prices to make working in America unprofitable.

Yep. Look at
instead of leveling the fuck up, user chooses to bitch despite this being about his (and his peers') incompetence and inadequacy.

>Companies will just take their jobs to countries where it's easier to do business.

... such as?

> The American education system doesn't produce enough qualified people.
USA literally has the best universities in the world. Almost all major companies dealing with computers were started and are run by Americans.

And thus they are best equipped to know that the american labor market is not good enough.

> not cheap enough to satisfy their greed
fixed

the word you are looking for is "competitive"

> Companies like microsoft hire H1Bs and pack them in apartment blocks, 8 people at a time, and then send their paychecks back to their families directly.

I legitimately can't tell if you're a troll, a pajeet defending his H1B so he doesn't get deported, or a retard. Because it's one of those three.

If companies were allowed to pay you a negative salary, that is, paying the company for the privilege of working there, they would do it.
And they'll market it as the most lucrative way to get job experience!

Yeah, I'm sure companies are just itching to ditch the world's largest market in order to set up shop somewhere else. Everything that can be outsourced already is outsourced.

Tariffs will be the deciding factor

How do you set tariffs on software deliverables?

How would you enforce this?
Serious question.

Good. Fuck off to India and see how liberal they are you kike silicon Valley faggots.

There are unpaid internships where you need to pay a certain amount - either directly as an application fee or as a donation for consideration - coming into vogue more and more in the US and UK.

If someone wants to work for a company that badly, there's no reason why they shouldn't charge.

In that sense, having a minimum wage on non-internship positions is anti-competitive and hurts the market.
Luckily we're nearing the end of that madness.

There may also be a possible inroad for a competition-boosting legal maximum wage for junior/disposable positions that we shouldn't want people keeping too long (encourage adults to get real jobs) but that's probably further off.

You don't try to stop everyone, you just levy ridiculous fines on a few companies to make examples of them.

How would you prove that their software wasn't developed in-house?

That just means big companies will move their software arm to cheaper countries instead. There is no law or regulation that would prevent companies from outsourcing basically anything to a cheaper country.

The entertainment industry has a ton of jobs where you pay to work there.

American has the best Universities, no doubt, but beyond the select top true schools, your education is garbage. To put it another way, your best schools are the best but the rest are terrible. The average European child is on average 2 grade levels above their American counter part. STEM is a joke in North America. My father who went to a technical (not engineering) school in Communist Poland has more understanding and learning than the cuck engineers with Masterers at his company. It's embarrassing.

You want to stop H1-B visa abuse ?

Make a public record of all H1-B visa workers
Public record includes their job title/description, salary, as well as their own set of skills
Force the company to pay the workers what is the going rate for that job in that area.
Companies not in compliance will pay 1% of revenue in fines until they are in compliance.

Companies bring in these workers under the pretense that they cannot find americans to do these jobs, so let's force them to pay american wages for the H1B visa workers.
If they are faced with a choice of some mud skin VS american for the same money, they will go with an american.

I feel that the system will fix itself that way, every american that has been passed over for a job could easily look up this list and make a big stink that the company is either 1) under paying foreign workers or 2) could have hired an american for that much money.

>01/04
You clearly don't give a fuck about it or just shilling
GTFO, u won't get hired

THANK YOU TRUMP

>developed in USA.... by Pahjeet, Vladimir, Serge or Xiao

It's interesting that conservatives hate Clinton so much that they're willing to vote in someone who wants to add tariffs and harm businesses with H1B1 reform.

Just scrap wage laws in general. I'm a union supporting working class stuff but I know that paying Tyrone $15 an hour to flip burgers or whatever is madness. If someone wants to work for $10 a day to develop expierence and skills go ahead. Key provision of this though, stop immigration, stop most work visas, only then will the job market sort itself out.

The American posters here are a perfect example of someone who was given way too many trophies for coming in last.

The attention span of a squirrel and absolutely no idea what the word focus even means, nor do they understand that they will be fact checked but their mommy told them they were the smartest kid she had ever...known... so they just think as long as they are talking they are winning... winning like Charlie Sheen

minimum wage is already stupidly low
eliminating it would change nothing because $10/hr is not a livable wage anywhere but the most bumfuck flyover town.

Pajeet mad because he will be stuck in India forever lmao

Don't give a fuck what ((they)) think. A company has to deal with changing market conditions, and recently the conditions have changed from ,"Do what you want but give ((us)) a cut" to ,"Play by our rules, and do right by the people or get fucked".

The world is not ready for unbridled globalism just yet.

n ur as retarded as OP

this nigga knows what's up

I would have so much money if I were only paying a 70k mortgage.

Tell that to micro$hit.

>Companies will just take their jobs to countries where it's easier to do business
Isn't Trump trying to counter that as well? If you're gonna move your business out of America, you're not gonna do business with America, and all that
America is a big enough market that I think that would be a decent countermeasure

> Livable wage

There is your problem. Why should the minimum wage be 'liveable'. Why do you feel entitled to a liveable wage? Why are you not talking about 'liveable' jobs?

Does no one ask themselves that maybe the problem isn't the wage is too low for the job, but the job is too low for the wage they want? People are too entitled. Get a job, get experience, get skills, move up in the world.

It sure is easy to move on up in the world when no job wants to pay you enough to even be able to afford food, shelter or clothing.

>There's no shortage of developers, there's a shortage of developers willing to work for literal shit pay with no benefits.

^^^ This all fuckin day. Not just devs either; SAS and SAP engineers, infrastructure engineers, and all manner of tech positions are being filled by H1B's when there are Americans that can do those jobs struggling to get by working at 7-11 while waiting for a job in their field.

>I wouldn't mind immigration if they were coming over here legitimately to live here and compete fairly like everyone else in this country.
Me neither.

>But they're being given unfair preference because they're dirt cheap and they're treated like slaves.
>treated like slaves
This is where it really gets bad for everyone involved (except the execs, of course). Yeah, it's shitty that I can't find a job because of pajeets. However, it's just as shitty for them since they're basically legalized slave labor.

>be pajeet
>be in poor India
>family saves forever to send me to decent university
>get degree
>contractor from America offers me contract and H1B visa
>finally able to leave designated shitting street for clean American toilets
>arrive in America
>get treated like shit because I'm not a real citizen
>almost no rights because I'm not a real citizen
>paid like shit because I'm not a real citizen
>no benefits because I'm not a real citizen
>barely paying living costs after sending everything left at the end of the month back home to the third world
>contract ends and is not renewed because I dared to call in sick for one day
>deported by ICE back to third world
>cannot get another contract because it apparently did not last long enough for a direct hire position
>go back to shitting in the designated shitting street
>blow through the money I made by taking care of elderly family members

I want to MAGA just as much as the next guy, but some of those pajeets are really hard workers.

>Nobody respects tech workers and they're getting the shaft because they're too stupid to unionize.
True. But it's also millennials in general. We haven't had to deal with this type of corporate bullshit on this scale since the end of the Great Depression.

Why feel bad for them? Instead of trying to fix their shit hole they come over here therefore making it worse for other people that were actually born and raised here.

America really doesn't need any immigrants. The immigrants we should be taking are those that are already rich, or spouses of a citizen, and they should never be eligible for ANY government entitlement and never be allowed to have jobs, they can either make money from their investments or business or live off their money/spouse. The second they need any help they should be deported from whatever shit hole they came from.

>get CCNA
>work for 9.50 an hour

HAHAHAH

>entry-level
>4-5 years experience
sums up my job searching pretty nicely

>Companies will just take their jobs to countries where it's easier to do business.
And risk losing access skilled American labor> I don't think so.

Besides, if the corps did leave, we'll just turn around and build a better competing product, Because capitalism lets us do that.

>build new software startup in 2017
>hire exclusively american workers
>go bankrupt in 6 months because you couldn't compete with the giants using slave labor in 3rd world countries

>you're a troll
Yep.

>a pajeet defending his H1B so he doesn't get deported
Yep.

>or a retard
Yep.

Check em.

The role for the job contradicts itself. It says the position is a entry level, but requires at-least a 4 to 5 years experience and or similar role. Then demands that you cannot have more than 10 years of experience because it's a entry level position?

Entry level position to me working in IT means a person with a degree in computer science, or a certificate 3 in programming (boot camp) that shows talent and passionate about the position.

The requirements they've given look more like a position where they bid on government tenders and then out-source the work to contractors. They take 90% of the income to pay their wages and out-source the rest to the guy who picks up the position.

Personally what the fuck are you doing America you're education system is completely getting devalued year after year.

>implying they have to come to america to shit up code

We don't live in the 60s anymore grandpa, everyone and their mom can work remotely.

>Companies not in compliance will pay 1% of revenue in fines
Monthly*

someone post the story of the guy who was "working from home" while paying pajeet to do his job

It's fairly common.

The only standout one was the daily mail article about the man who literally forgot how to program in the 6 or 7 years that he outsourced his job.

>There is no law or regulation that would prevent companies from outsourcing basically anything to a cheaper country.
Not yet, anyways. Wait for January 20th.

I would hate having a roommate.

>Implying Ruskie code is low quality

Why not buy or rent a warehouse?

>public record
I liked everything except this. Wouldn't this just be used to doxx/shame the H1-B recipients?

Same here. I had to go over the Pahjeet code every morning and I basically had to rewrite everything

>2017/01/04
>being this new to yyyy/mm/dd date systems

Tax them 100$/MB

if you ever visit redmond, swing by the apartment complexes next to the microsoft campus. fucking filled to the rim with pajeets. i have seen this with my own two eyes.

Pajeets will just work remotely from India from now and jobs are still not gonna come back

>micro$hit
>"important"

This. India is quite obviously in dire need of infrastructure and health care improvements. But American and Indian executives want shekels above all else so they orchestrate a brain drain from India to the US.

Things will get better under Trump but nothing will go far enough. Let me define far enough: Disney should be fined all of their profits for one year for skirting US labor laws. And Bob Iger should face jail time + asset forfeiture of everything he owns.

SCE is a public utility so you can't fine them without harming the taxpayer. But you can throw execs in jail and seize their assets. Likewise with the H1B companies they used.

Do that a couple times and the shit stops.

>hurrrrr just gotta pull yourself up by the bootstraps, like all those rich guys that totally did hard work and weren't born into wealth or anything
>being this dumb and believing the fucking lie the wealthy propogate amongst the middle class

>Does no one ask themselves that maybe the problem isn't the wage is too low for the job, but the job is too low for the wage they want?
That's not the issue. The issue is that no one wants to train people anymore and thus are able to demand outrageous requirements for shit pay.

I have seen only one instance of a tech job posting openly mentioning training levels, and it was a job at the local state government offices backed by a union.

>implying that wouldn't be a good thing
Just imagine the endless job security that would result from all the American programmers that would have to be employed to fix all the garbage Indian code.

>Instead of trying to fix their shit hole they come over here therefore making it worse for other people that were actually born and raised here.

>implying that they can actually fix their shit hole without being killed by an even more corrupt government
I'd like to remind you that, even with a degree of corruption, the United States still enjoys a level of freedom that is not found in roughly 1/3 of the world.

VC backed or bootstrap? If you bootstrap and do your market research correctly before starting a business, you should do fine.

If you went the VC route, you deserve to get cucked.

My grandma bought a house in Oakland on the 70s for like 70k. It is now worth 2 million dollars.

P cool

>what the fuck are you doing America
It turns out that the "red tape" that corps were complaining about for years actually was meant to protect us from this shit.

But yeah, my country is full of idiots.

I would love having a roommate. I'd have someone to talk to other than my boomer parents.

>tfw no one outside of tech understands you because they're too concerned with whatever the fuck is happening on MTV

>falling for copypasta
>2017

Work visas need to be outlawed period.
Hire Americans or get the fuck out of the American market.