Got a $1000 maximum budget

Got a $1000 maximum budget

How do I improve on this build, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Toiletchan/saved/#view=PmLV3C
pcpartpicker.com/list/ydjcyf
pcpartpicker.com/list/ydjcyf/by_merchant/
pcpartpicker.com/list/ktm8xY
pcpartpicker.com/product/rYsKHx/corsair-memory-cmz16gx3m2a1600c10r
pcpartpicker.com/product/J27CmG/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2a2666c16
pcpartpicker.com/list/YgbXhq
pcpartpicker.com/list/9PrTFd
pcpartpicker.com/list/4p9Gd6
pcpartpicker.com/list/MwPnNN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cut down on the GPU and get some much better RAM.

Moar RAM, maybe a better mobo.

>Spending $140 on a 2TB drive
user are you retarded? If you're using a SSD just get a WD Blue as your mechanical drive, or a toshiba or hgst

Take the money you save and get at least 16GB of RAM. Everything else looks fine.

z170 motherboard so u can bclk overclock that i5 6500 and faster ram.

Get 4x4GB of RAM, not just one stick of 8GB.

It's completely unnecessary to spend that much on a 2TB drive. Get a 1TB drive, or if you need more than that, search eBay for something cheaper.

Get a smaller SSD. 120GB should be just fine, just keep everything that's not your OS on the HDD.

post the fucking URL you fucking faggot so we can fucking adjust it

Be doubly sure about the video card and the case.

You'll probably be frugal enough to keep the case for mobo/cpu/ram/HDD upgrades and chances are your GPU will last your for years if you don't run it to the ground.

Wait for ayyylmao zen

>Cut down on GPU
fuck off

OP that CPU is overkill. i3 6100 if you you're fucking gay but want to upgrade, Zen if you're not in a hurry, FX 8320 if you wanna run modern games at 60 Ultra for a year or so then don't mind turning down the settings, you will need a new mobo cpu with the 8320 after a bit though. It's great for now but not future proof

Another stick of ram and better gpu

>8320
>games
Get the fuck off this board and never come back you dumb cunt. A fucking celeron will outperform that turd in 99% of games.

here you go lads adjust to your hearts content

pcpartpicker.com/user/Toiletchan/saved/#view=PmLV3C

ty for all the helpful advice. will modify and re-post

>4x4GB
lmao, i think u mean 2x8GB

I'mm assuming his mobo has 4 RAM slots, and there's no need to have more than 16GB

It has 2.
I wouldn't recommend that particular board though, I had one and it had annoying coil whine whenever a USB device was active, including mouse and keyboard.

8gb 480

>t. Not an 8320 owner
8320 owner here, 100 in Overwatch Epic, 120 Battlefront Ultra, 90 Rainbow Six Siege Ultra

And thats with a 480, my CPU usage never goes above 40%

Face it you delusional Intel shill games aren't fucking single threaded anymore and the ones that are, are so old they handle great on the 8320

And I'm running a stock cooler at base clock on a budget motherboard

OP here, so do I just add another stick of 1x8 Ram that I got there to my mobo. Or do I get a different mobo? Which one if so?

As for storage, I'm quite alright with my SSD and 2TB HD, they won't cause any problems in the long run right?

My Power Supply is sufficient too right?

Also no need to change my CPU or Videocard right? Do I need anything else to build this shit?

Here you go, for $1k

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/ydjcyf
Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/ydjcyf/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($112.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($84.97 @ Jet)
Storage: PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Jet)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($78.03 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB ARMOR 8G OC Video Card ($239.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Define C ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($78.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1004.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-07 20:44 EST-0500

If you're looking for a place to save a few bucks, the motherboard is where I'd do it. There are cheaper Z170 boards.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ktm8xY

there we go, learn2logic

throw another 8 gig stick in there and you're still 100 shy of 1000

the fact that your CPU never goes over 40% just shows how single-threaded games are and how that is limiting your FPS. Way to dig your own hole.

also SMMFH at these other ppl spending literally 1000 dollars and still just have a fucking shitty ass RX GPU

my 1070 build comes in at 800 you faggots

whats the point of 8gb ram on a mostly 1080p card.

You do realize that the platform (CPU/Mobo/Ram/PSU/Case) tends to stay around for 5+ years but the GPU gets replaced usually in two, right? Getting an overkill GPU for 1080p makes zero sense. Going from a 3.5 GHz CPU to a 4.5 GHz overclockable CPU is a much better use of money.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/ydjcyf
Why the downgrade towards the power supply and the major price of the video card?
Would this build actually hold up well in terms of heat output, possible over-watt usage, and memory?

So you mean I should also just buy two of the RAM sticks your provided?
That'd be sufficient?

Oh and why no CPU cooler? Do I need one (obviously??)

Zen is just around the corner man.

What in the name of heck is this Zen

you realize that playing AAA games at 1080p 60 wont be possible in litterally 1-2 years for the shitty RX series CPUs dont you?

you can play at 60 and great settings for much longer with the 1070 which is a 1080p140hrz benchmark GPU than a fucking GPU that's in the first tier of 1080p60fps from last year and already has shit driver support to begin as well

An actually good AMD cpu that is either going to offer better price/performance OR force Intel to compete with better offering.

It's a meme you dip

the i5 comes with one

buy a 30 dollar 212, or a larger Noctua and you're still under 1000

The PSU is a massive upgrade. Stable voltage regulation is the most important part of a PSU, and the BQ series kinda sucks at it, but is passable. The G2 series is among the top. Going too high on the wattage also makes no sense. The build in mine is going to use 400W or so after overclocking, so there's still plenty of headroom.

If you're going for 16GB, go for a single 2x8GB kit. Don't buy two different 1x8GB sticks.

The video card's price is higher due to the extra VRAM and better cooling. If you can spare it, it's definitely worth it, especially in the long term.

I think AAAAAAA games are going to run in 60 fps forever. because they are still bound to be compatible with consoles and 4k will start becoming standard.

>putting this much trust into stickers on a PSU
>seasonic is supposed to be the only company 100% trustworthy and never jews anything
>buy a $80 630w SSII series
>literally starts dying within 6 months
>replace it with the 30 dollar EVGA
>research the teardown of the seasonic
>it doenst have solid japcaps like everyone claims
>teh cost to ship it for a RMA is more than the cost of just getting an EVGA non-bronze

Yeah that's across all cores cock breath

So would this RAM work for what I'm looking for?

pcpartpicker.com/product/rYsKHx/corsair-memory-cmz16gx3m2a1600c10r

also would it fit on my mobo?

Sorry for the noob questions my friendo.

thats only poorly optimized games like watch dogs 2 and such. unreal engine 4 games for example run well and look good on even lower end systems.

Holy fuck you couldn't be more wrong. I could try explaining how AMD is actually getting gains out of DX12 unlike NVidia, or I could point out how while the 1070 might be a 144hz card, the i5-6500 certainly can't do it. I could also point out that another $200 in two years would be an easy expense, and get you better performance while still costing less than a 1070.

Hell, people are still using HD 7970s and maxing games at 1080p thanks to the longevity of the architecture (asynch compute & other tech that's finally seeing implementation by developers), but you'd probably just think that all cards age as well as NVidia cards, which is to say NVidia cards age like shit.

Does anyone use the fucking search function anymore?

I don't trust stickers on the PSU. I trust JohnyGuru and his actual testing of powersupplies with real equipment that measures stability. Efficiency rating is not relevant to gamers, so the fact that it's gold means nothing. EVGA G1 units are gold, and I consider them to be shit.

Either you're trolling, or you're just a complete moron. Go buy a prebuilt.

:-?

u wot?

>missing the point

you're buildinga fucking RX build and spending MORE MONEY

im already 200 dollars under the cost of every other RX build

so the 200 dollars down the line is pointless

you wont get a better card for 200 than any of the 1000 series GPUs in 2 years

>DDR3

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If I went with 8GB of memory and the same shit PSU, our builds would be the same price. I didn't because I'm not a moron. The goal was to get the best computer given a limited budget. I actually decided to focus on the platform more than the GPU simply because GPUs get replaced fast while platforms tend to stick around for half a decade, and the RX 480 is more than enough. I don't know why you're being such a crybaby.

So I'm guessing the speed is shit maybe?

I don't know.

What about this?

pcpartpicker.com/product/J27CmG/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2a2666c16

>gaymen ram
poor soul, feel for the marketing kike

?

if you just want to play games at 1080p60 you can do so for much cheaper

he said he wants to spend 1000 dollars, posted a shit build with a bunch of overkill priced things including a meme mobo and case and PSU and HDD

if you want to just play 1080p games at 60 then the RX 460 is all you need

pcpartpicker.com/list/YgbXhq

there ya go, with 500 left over

pcpartpicker.com/list/9PrTFd

at least dual channel ram (2x 4gb), get an 8gb rx480 retard

>>>>>>>>>
do u really want to burn op's house down

Drop the 480 and get a 1070 or a used R9 Fury.

pcpartpicker.com/list/FxhyLD
Video card didn't show price but still cheaper

>WD
>Good reliable HDD

Pick one. Piece of shit called WD will break after half up to year. Pick Toshiba 3tb it's much better.

>OP that CPU is overkill
>3 6100 if you you're fucking gay but want to upgrade
>FX 8320 if you wanna run modern games at 60 Ultra
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

my i5 2500k 4.3ghz can't handle new games at even 40fps stable and you shitter tell me piece of shit FX 8320 will run new games stable? HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH amd fuckers are so braindead

Take that back..

Try this one pcpartpicker.com/list/GJCbVY

>making fun of a kid

Pretty pathetic life you got

>Pretty pathetic life you got

i just showed typical AYYYMD fanboy who doesn't even know anything about cpu/gpu performance and always picks poo amd hardware

Swap out the PNY for something else. They have a hard time with sustained IO. They work, but get frequent queue depth spikes. Spending ~$6 more for the Sandisk Ultra is a better option, in my experience.

pcpartpicker.com/list/4p9Gd6

just a little bottleneck

pcpartpicker.com/list/MwPnNN

R9 Fury's are less than $300 new now I think.

Get the 8Gb 480. 4Gb is not enough for 1080P. Ignore retards who state otherwise.

And get a WD blue, they are just as good and cheaper.

What are bottlenecks the post

>4Gb is not enough for 1080P
source

Myself running several games and seeing 5-6Gb of VRAM usage.

Kill yourself. Bulldozer is a terribly outdated platform (no native support for USB 3.0 and up, limited PCI capabilities) and recommending it when there's better offerings from Intel and Ryzen coming anytime now is completely fucking retarded.

get gtx 1080
replace ssd with 1tb hard drive
add i7

looks good op, don't forget the LEDs!

>myself
kek

>Fury
Enjoy your coil whine.

got a celeron right here, you're full of shit.