GPD Pocket

liliputing.com/2017/01/gpd-pocket-will-7-inch-touchscreen-laptop-windows-ubuntu-support.html

>GPD Pocket will be a 7 inch touchscreen laptop with Windows & Ubuntu support

>7 inch IPS touchscreen display with Gorilla Glass 3
>Intel Atom x7-Z8700 Cherry Trail processor
>4GB of RAM
>128GB of storage
>7,000 mAh battery

Other urls found in this thread:

hitoriblog.com/?p=48314
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds neat

Looking forward

>ports

finally, something I want to buy
inb4 500 dollars

Why not just a Continuum phone and a keyboard dock with a battery, or an Ubuntu touch phone?

thats...actually pretty good! above 300$ its not worth it though, all components together prob make about 100$ lmao

It's going to flop.

It's like a 2-in-1 Tablet, but a lot less convenient because you can't remove the keyboard.

Price will determine whether this thing sells. It looks like the modern equivalent of the classic Toshiba Libretto, but in today's smartphone-addicted world I'm not sure if a palmtop-sized computer will be useful.

This. It's retarded, that keyboards to small

I'm dead keen on this, assuming the price isn't ridiculously over-inflated in Australia.

will the chinks finally revive the age of comfy computers?

Can you really call comfy with a straight face? This thing's for people who want a manlet-sized laptop above all else.

Yes

>7 inch micro pc
>keyboard STILL has more travel than the 2016 macbook pro

The keyboard on the 2016 mbp might as well be a full touch slab. Literally no difference.

Lurk for at least 0 seconds before posting.

>atom

bleh. i owned one of those first-gen atom netbooks and it slogged through anything.

but this sounds promising if that cpu can keep up.

Needs a thumb keyboard, no one is going to really type on something that small. Even my Toughbook is a chore to type on.

Better than MBP

Sup Forums cums all over when the Vaio P is mentioned

Chinks make one with updated specs and Sup Forums hates it

go figure

>inbred lovechild of a surface and macbook that somehow is worse than both

t.

at least half of that is nostalgiafagging at this point

macbook wannabe with a blatantly ripped off ultranav setup with garbage internals and probably a shit screen, not to meantion chinese corner cutting and spyware

garbage

the gpd win has identical specs but has a thumb keyboard. 7in is a bit too big to get a grip for thumb typing.

How can it be a macbook wannabe when it's already got more ports and key travel than a macbook?

It is mostly nostalgia based, which is why I think companies should (and within a few years, probably will) exploit that nostalgia and create devices like the ones in the OP but a little more retro inspired.

No one who wants a device like this cares about it looking like a macbook pro. Just make it look like some other retro umpc and use the thickness as an excuse to cram more battery inside.

>umpc revival with trackpoint

So to recap: this is a more powerful GPD Win, but without the gayman stuff?

more storage but identical in specs otherwise

>tfw no wrist computer
it's neat in theory but annoying to use in practice

>implying ubuntu is a real os

>install it
>month later, package manager and entire system is broken
>hire a bunch of females and take on an SJW agenda
>stick amazon ads and spyware everywhere
>ubuntu 16.10 is never released

also windows obviously is garbage and this device is absolutely vaporware and will never be produced

That's beautiful and a trillion times better than that other handheld laptop that looked like a ds
Considering spending the cash I'm saving for a Nintendo Switch on that instead

>7 inch
this 12" thinkpad is already too small

I'm honestly not sure what this post is trying to achieve

7" is basically unusable for any actual work. This is going to be good for stuff you could already do with your phone. The device is kawaii as fuck but I can't envision getting anything worthwhile done on it.

No it isn't

>implying you can't just install your precious gentoo/arch/solus/manjaro/whatever-other-distro-you-use on it
>implying you can't install windows 7 or 8 on it

might not be a checkmate if there's a rook off-camera which the king can castle with

Too small for what?

Please tell me it isn't going to look like that. Why does it have to be styled like a Macbook and why the fuck is the Thinkclit on the space bar?

>This is going to be good for stuff you could already do with your phone
Except you get a keyboard, an OS and programs with all the functionality you'd get on a desktop, and better multitasking. All that makes a world of difference even when moving backwards spec wise from a flagship 2012-2013 smartphone to a 2008 netbook with an old Intel N270 Atom and 1 GB of RAM.

You can't castle through threatened squares

Pyrafags on suicide watch!

If the keyboard dimensions picture here is scaled correctly, then the key spacing from center to center should be comparable to the old 7" and early 9" Asus EEE netbooks.
hitoriblog.com/?p=48314

I need dis

Needs a ThinkPad 701c style keyboard to work tbqh

if only

I was interested in this before I saw the kb layout Just make normal layout but smaller. I cant use that efficiently. I have enough problems transitioning from my thinkpads ctrl-fn buttons and my desktops ones

I got a GPD Win.
A device like this is pretty useless to me.

(I could just plug my usb3 hub into my usb3 port and use a bigger keyboard on it, or use a bluetooth one)

They need to fix the issues with the Win first. I got lucky with a model that works ok (still gets random BSODs but they are likely due to likely having a binned chip since its memory management related).

A lot of other people didnt get so lucky.

>dedicated and {} buttons
I'm so fucking hard right now.

The trackpoint location is shit, dropped

I dunno about that, i tried one out in a store and it felt... kind of OK, not great, but not awful.

>buying any console on day one
have you not learned anything, at this point?

That wouldn't work becuase it's not 4:3
So you'd just have a long skinny keyboard.

A Mac and a Thinkpad fucked and produced this

If only you could turn screen 360 like on those transformers and use it as a tablet. No need to detach the kb, it's a meme. Atom is yucky though, why not core m?

that's the worst place for trackpoint you would ever imagine.

See , the key spacing is already similar to old netbooks. Any smaller and you'd be entering large thumb keyboard territory.