Asus Monitors

Any of you have experience with Asus monitors? I'm thiking of buying this piece ASUS VX248H 24" with 1ms and would to hear someone opinion on their quality with monitors.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824236678
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Their ultrawides are nice, all their other monitors seem to have discoloration.

I have 2 asus monitors. They're fine but the colors aren't great. Also if you play games you should consider getting a 144hz monitor.

Backlight bleed and white spor for me

I see, is discoloration a big problem or barely noticeable? Would you reccomend Samsung or Asus? I am generally interested on their color quality btw

Yeah i know, now have Samsung T220 and i am thinking about an upgrade, mostly gonna need for work in Photoshop and gaming.
Thanks ya all for reply

I've read that a lot of ASUS' quality control is garbage. Dead pixels on arrival, taking forever to give a replacement, replacements not working, etc

Forgot to mention, currently on the budget so 144hz is pretty much expensive for me.

Was reading reviews on Amazon, its seems most buyers are happy but some of them did mentioned that so yeah, seems like a lottery

Which Model?

I would recommend LG or Dell.
Samsung makes some utter trash.

reminder that response time and refresh rate have nothing to do with INPUT LAG

Look at who makes the panel

I have two Asus monitors, but they use an LG panel that is used the Dell Ultrasharp line of monitors, so I knew it was a high quality panel when buying the monitor even though it was Asus branded and not Dell, they're identical panels. Got mine for $70 cheaper than the dell one.

Interesting, but how do i check which panel it's using?

Yes, ASUS uses the same panels, but Dell takes the top cut of panels and does very good factory calibration + QC.
ASUS on the other hand does TERRIBLE QC, and doesn't do much factory calibration, let alone take binned panels.
You pay extra for Dell in the same way you pay extra for higher clocked CPUs (if market demand wasn't a factor)

Reviews, they usually don't just mention it.

My monitors us an AH-IPS LG panel, it's the only 25" 1440p 60Hz IPS panel on the market, so I knew for a fact when I saw the asus monitor with the same specs as the dell monitor, it had to be using the same panel since it's literally one of a kind.

For the panel in question Dell takes the top panels, Asus takes 2nd pick, Acer gets final pick.

It's represented in their pricing as well, the Asus and Dell monitors are usually within ~$20 of each other, the Acer is a good $50 less.

I see, that screen is beasty but its kinda hard to find reviews for this particular Asus model.

Always taught that Samsung was the king with color presentation and panel quality tho

Samsung manufacturers decent panels, but so does LG, and others.

It also comes down to what type of panel we're talking about, IPS family, TN, VA family, OLED, etc.

Samsung has some good monitors, but they also make some absolutely rubbish monitors that sell well based just on the brand name.

I'm surprised seeing a lot of negative opinions, I've only had good experiences with them. The PB258Q is my favorite monitor I've ever owned, I decided to just box up my other two 1440 monitors and get two more for a triple monitor setup up

By all means, ASUS aren't bad monitors, but they do have bad QC on their panels, and the colors on are often washed out or discolored.

Lets say for TN panel, whats should be my best bet? Asus proved to be quite good, low response time and i have yet to see the quality of the panel

Rated response times are just marketing wank.
You need to see the monitor running UFOtest to know what it's really doing.

I have newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824236678
It's really good for the price.

I have the Asus VE278Q 27" and it has a slightly washed out look to the colors and some backlight bleed.

It's not terrible but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. There is better stuff on the market.

they're okay

I'd go for a Dell Ultrasharp for work or a Benq 144 hz for gaming.

Asus is kind of meh in the QC department imo