Made some neuron fire

>programming\hacking doesn't have anything to do with math; it amazes me that the general population from any country think that does

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pL9q2lOZ1Fw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My autist senses are tingling. OP which video is this on, I will restore the balance of autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=pL9q2lOZ1Fw

Neat video too

This triggered me, so I left the retard my 2 cents worth.

But he's right

Programming != Computer Science

Weak bait is weak. Try writing code that solves this system of equations without using any mathematical concepts whatsoever:

2x + 3y + z = 8
4x + 7y + 5z = 20
-2y + 2z = 0

I mean, obviously x/y/z = 2/1/1 but why all 3 lines? Can work that out from either of the first two.

The first two equations form two 2d planes in 3d space. The intersection of these two planes forms an infinite line, therefore there are infinite solutions. When you add the third equation, the intersection is narrowed down to the point you just described (2/1/1). Pic related (it`s the first two equations).

math != science

Nearly all non-trivial concepts in computer science require an understanding of mathematics, especially linear algebra. Get the fuck out of here brainlet.

On average, being a programmer or software engineer has little to do with math. Your algebra example doesn't change this.

inb4 only jobs requiring math are "real" software engineering

This is only true if all you do is hack together shitty frameworks. Hacking together frameworks is not engineering, it's the kind of crap you hire indians to do. Try writing a physics engine, machine controller, mesh slicer, cubic to equi-rectangular video converter or anything else non-trivial and maybe you'll start to understand.

You missed the inb4

Hello prajeet, how's freelancer.com treating you today?

That's Mr. Pajeet to you

>math != science
>science != history
>history != unraveling the mystery that all started with a big bang
(bang)

i guess they didn't teach reading comprehension in your comp sci program huh

I don't even have a comp sci degree yet my salary exceeds $100,000 p/a. Stay mad pajeet.

He's right. Many applications of computer science require math but writing code at its most fundamental level isn't very math heavy. Why do you think code monkeys exist in the first place? The only people who'd get triggered by this notion are the autists that lack the capacity to understand that programming includes anybody who can write code, not just whatever retard position they occupy.

t. 300k math major

bazooper

If you want to get somewhere you need to know math.
And by somewhere I don't mean being an average middle class Joe (you unambitious fuck)

>writing code at its most fundamental level isn't very math heavy
I only hire functional programmers. Non-functional programmers don't function very well.

Kek

thing is i can look for the equations, i don't need to be an autismo mind-calculator

it has more to do with analytic philosophy

And how are you going to modify those equations when requirements change if you don't understand math? Rewrite the entire system? Hack at it until it appears to work? What the fuck do you think this is? I refuse to let anyone with a disgusting attitude like yours go anywhere near my teams codebase.

>>>/bangalore/

understanding math on a requirement basis and being a math wiz are two completely different things

if you are so good at math then there's better paths for you than programming, you are wasting your brain

well technically he's kind of correct.

That's not to say that math isn't found in programming/software engineering.

why do you guys read youtube comments? are you people actively trying to get brain tumors?

its like being a graphic designer when you have davinci-tier drawing skills

Your attitude is the reason why quality software is so fucking rare. You don't have to be a math whiz but an understanding of the basics is essential.

Also, I'm not wasting my brain at all. I get to create some pretty cool shit and I love what I do.

>You don't have to be a math whiz but an understanding of the basics is essential.

im not arguing against this, i think this better explains what i meant

> Try writing a physics engine, machine controller, mesh slicer, cubic to equi-rectangular video converter
None of those things are general examples of software engineering. They're compound problems which contain elements of various domains. First is the domain knowledge, which is the mathy/physics/whatever bit of the problem. The second part is actually expressing the solution in software. Software development is the second part.
Sure, the programmer might have advanced domain knowledge, however you could just as well have two people, one who specializes in the domain and one who specializes in building software. In essence, writing software has very little to do with maths.
Actually, it might even be better this way because domain experts tend to write terrible code.

What exactly is your argument here? Programming requires basic math skills if you want to do anything non-trivial. Those things are examples of problems that require basic math skills. How are you going to implement things if you can't take domain knowledge from others in the form of math? When someone hands you a white paper with an algorithm and some equations on it, you have to be able to make that system fit into your system, which requires an understanding of math. When a programmer has to work within multiple disciplines and problem domains, math becomes even more essential as a communication tool. There's no escaping math, programming itself is built on math. Denying this is like denying that the earth is round.

programming is built on analytic philosophy concepts, which is built on logic, which is built on math

No shit sherlock.