What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Windows 7 came out.

Bugs that were disguised as >features

>it was very fashionable to trash this OS in online commuties
>it became good after updates
>its reputation never recovered

>>good after update

that's a no, it continued to be bloated shit requiring 4gb of ram to even run correctly

what went wrong with windows 10

Should have been 64 bit only.

I totally agree!
I used Vista for a few years because I bought it at a heavily reduced price when CompUSA went out of business.
I had problems with it from the day I installed it & learned to "fix" them or not install certain updates as they would mess things up.
I had such high hopes for Vista when I bought it.
Hahaha! Oh well
Its made me try out Linux OSes as a result

using a spic word to describe their operating system.

i never had a problem with it.

ran it on a s939 3200+ single core amd, 1 gig of ram, and a 36gig 10k raptor.

never had blue screens, ran wow, adobe cs3, and everything else without any problems

>using a spic word to describe their operating system.

Ubuntu fags BTFO

Ahead of its time

it was a resource hog compared to XP, and people thought UAC was annoying, even though it was a step in the right direction

You could write a whole book about that. I think someone probably has.

About how Longhorn went well over budget and over time, out of scope and out of control. They had to reset the entire project over from scratch at one point, which is not the sign of a healthy software project.

Some of the betas ran better than the release version and it was only shipped because Dell threatened to sue Microsoft if they didn't by a certain deadline, because they had a contract with them about the next version of Windows after XP so they could plan product releases.

7 (Blackcomb, then Vienna) is the actually finished version. It wasn't all bad. It just went horribly wrong and I don't think there are any clear ideas about why except for corporate culture that started changing. Which is a shame: it should be a cautionary tale.

64bit installer couldn't boot on some machines with greater than 3GB of ram without BSOD, not sure if the kernel was just bad or hardware devs couldn't handle the fact they couldn't just keep patching old 32bit drivers from Win2000, both seems likely.

Windows XP rust buckets that could barely handle it choked to death when people tried to make Vista run on it.

it's not like they had the minimum requirements stated correctly, anyway.

>1GB RAM min. on a computer with no dedicated GPU in the most eyecandy-heavy OS in the market
:^)

It was a fun time for gamers as well.
On the back of the boxes they printed the hardware requirements and they often doubled for vista.
It was a mess.

It was never right.

A subpar RTM build that had numerous bugs and faults. After updates and service packs it worked fairly well. My aunt still has the factory install on her PC, and my parents did too until I recently replaced their desktop with a newer one.

I wouldn't go out of my way to install it anymore, though - any computer that can run Vista can run 7 just fine, if not better. It'd kinda be like installing Windows 8 now that 8.1 addressed the major issues.

Everything.
Too many developers just throwing random shit together and when they took a look at the result they gave it a mercy killing and started it again from scratch.
Retarded and stubborn hardware manufacturers either half-assing their drivers or just outright refusing to make them.
Moronic users thinking their misery-in-a-box XP machine could run it with 512MB RAM and a GeForce 4.
Clusterfuck of 10+ editions ranging from Starter which couldn't even change the wallpaper to Ultimate which was too expensive for what it was.
UAC was quite strict back then and annoyed most users, they changed it in 7 to be a little bit more relaxed (not prompting if it's signed by MS)
It was bloated as fuck, Windows XP was about 1 maybe 2 gigabytes, Vista started at 10.
Some software didn't work because it relied on some NT5 bullshit that got either fixed because it was a bug or changed because the new developers had no idea what it did.

Windows Vista did nothing wrong

Which were worse

Still better than this piece of shit

Man, what the fuck?
Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

No, it was horrible from the start and when it was finally "fixed" 7 was already released and even then it was worse.in every way.

People tried to run an unpatched operating system full with problems on their Windows XP shitboxes.

Try to run fully patched up Vista today on a reasonably good computer or virtual machine, you won't believe how good it actually is.

Steve Ballmer

A lot of it comes from vista being the first mainstream windows to be 64bit and in those days it could be hard to find drivers for shit you had.

That's Latin, and a long established word in English anyway, you uneducated nigger.

>Бacтa
kys already

good after vlite.

OEMs were dumbfucks and didn't have drivers ready, even though they literally had 5 years notice that shit was going to break.

>kys
Fuck off

Hillary lost.

Vendors were not prepared for the hardware requirements and what this user said