Acer Predator 21X

thoughts on this laptop?

>Two Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs

>Seventh-gen Intel Core i7-7820HK (overclockable) CPU

>laptop
>that thing
Pick one

useless for portability, not as extensible as a desktop.

Meme

if they did it as a standalone sff pc it would sell like hotcakes.
I dont know why they felt the need to strap a widememe screen and a probably shit keyboard to it.

>implying richfags care about which switch type is inside the keyboard

it weighs 20 pounds and costs $9K
who are they trying to sell this to?

What are the chances that in 35 years some nostalgia channel on youtube will make a video about this and how ridiculous it was?

something like AVGN

the screen looks like shit

The 1%?

they all use macs?

It's just a demonstration of what they can create, it's not about selling them, it's about advertising their company

It's like Chernobyl had an abortion.

>that fucking trackpad
>retarded screen
>those fucking fans
>mechanical keyboard
>THE FUCKING PRICE

It makes Project Valerie look slightly less autistic.

>35 years

try 5

Even pic related with 2 2TB 960 Pros and a 4TB SSD is cheaper.

>laptop
>Two Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs

I'm getting it, blowing almost all of my inheritance from my grandmother for it.

It's like they designed a high end portable gaming station and then doubled the specs. I'm a bit surprised it doesn't have two ethernet ports.

Chinese exchange students

weird trackpad tb͏h

i cant wait for the one guy on Sup Forums to buy it and post it with Sup Forums on screen asking why you didn't buy one so every one else can save the picture and make the same thread every single day to trigger the europoors

I want one with an ordinary 25-35W quad-core mobile CPU with integrated graphics. Ditch the 1080s. Spend the extra space on more battery.

I'm waiting for the first guy to get a Talos board to do that. I already miss that lunatic who bought an ancient Itanium server just to shitpost in /hsg/

Don't forget to make a thread user

Looks hilarious

There's a reason that it is called a "Predator"

chuckled

Make a thread

Fuck, make it a livestream

Who even buys this stuff?
Surely the market for kids that think that "gaymer" design looks cool and the market for adults that actually have enough money to buy this don't overlap?

>fuckhuge
>no num pad

there is a numpad. you just turn the track pad over to reveal it.

How do they keep it cooled?

gaymugn

easily, it's as big as a mini-tower

this thing is fucking horrible value, the CPU is slower than a 6700K and it's got 2 regular stock 1080s. Also the screen is only 2560x1080, what a waste of graphics power.

>requires TWO brick size chargers

Nope.

If you're going to drop $9000+ on something like this why wouldn't you purchase a tricked out Mac? Acer is a poorfag brand...

This. For example, a bunch of memesters on Sup Forums are talking about Acer right now. Their advertising is working.

nice keyboard, but the design is too "gaymer"

>why wouldn't you purchase a tricked out Mac?

Because that is idiotic and a waste of money

No, if he bought apple instead it'd be worth it and the laptop would pay off in a year since an apple pc can basically do anything that 9,000 dollar pc can do better, and cheaper all while having an..oh so aesthetically pleasing look.

I'm going to buy one as my main machine and exclusively run FreeBSD on it.

I'm hard just thinking about the tears from the poverty stricken linux users here.

A MacBook can do anything that laptop can do for much cheaper

Exactly, plus the MacBook has better battery life. It's weird how a laptop worth $9,000 isn't as good as a MacBook pro.

Macbooks can't do shit... My 2010 toshiba running manjaro i3 can do more than any macbook.

But that laptop has 2 gtx 1080s, wouldn't that make a difference?

>worth $9,000
it costs $9k, it's not worth anywhere near that much.

No, my MacBook runs everything flawlessly, I'm pretty sure that 9,000 dollar laptop can't even be as fast as my macbook
No, the MacBook pro also has a graphics card, and a graphics card Is a graphics card.
Yea, I know, it should be half the price of a macbook

I don't even have the motivation nowadays to fap let alone spend time gaming with a bunch of fucktards. Technology has become so advanced and complacent that its boring now.

I need to reach a higher plane of existence.

>gaymen laptop
>ugly design
>waste of money
Why would anyone buy this shit?

My macbook can do literally everything that laptop can do for cheaper
Exactly, I think the real reason it's expensive is because they want it to look dangerous LOL

Same reason Alienware, Razer, Asus, etc still churn out gayman laptops.

>$10,000 laptop
>Can't compete with my $3,000 retina macbook pro.

Exactly, this just makes me mad. How can someone let them price that laptop higher than $1,000 makes me mad, that build quality and specs are horrible. My mac has an awesome build quality and same specs (i7) and RAM Holy shit.

Five fans and nine heat pipes

My macbook has better cooling but it's thinner

I heard that in a few years macbooks won't need cooling since everything will be cool all the time

The Palm Pilot has reincarnated as the touchpad for this thing.

Really? Holy shit, my friend says that the next macbooks can charge just by entering your room and they will have desktop i7s.

>"""""laptop"""""
anything over 11 inches is not a laptop

I can't wait, I love how brave apple is. They always are the Frontier of innovation and I like how samsung and Windows try to copy the designs and innovations. But imitation is the best for me of flattery.
Manlet

Not even this guy could actually old that laptop on his body.

DAMN your making me excited. Did you know that the iPhone 8 will have 4k and wireless charging just by entering your house. The iPhone 8 will also be able to use underwater and it can survive 100 feet drop on pavement

>If you're going to drop $9000+ on something like this why wouldn't you purchase a tricked out Mac?
>why wouldn't you purchase a tricked out Mac
>why wouldn't you purchase a ... Mac
>Mac

It is because you wouldn't use Mac if you were a gamer.

>My macbook can do literally everything that laptop can do for cheaper
KEK

They're talking about how shit they are. Wow, great marketing! I'll bet it generates a bunch of sales.

Wait, a mac can game too. My mac has the same processor as that laptop and some good RAM and my mac also has a graphics card. If I wanted to game I could.
Tell me, what can that laptop do that a mac can't?
I heard rumors of those. Samsung is even copying us by removing headphone jack

That laptop is overpriced, just looking at the specs, it should cost ~1,200 dollars to make
Wait....Samsung is copying us? Hahahahahahahaha

Yea, samsung should make their own designs

>cheaper
Check
>can do everything that laptop can do
Check

You are a fucking dumbass, now I see who this laptop is marketed towards. I'll keep my macbook pro thank you

Samsung is shit, samsung has shit screen, shit battery, shit design, shit software compared to Apple. They LITERALLY copy us every year. Fuck samsung

Change samsung to android and you would be even more right. Apple innovates and leads, android can only copy, my iphone can do everything android does but better

So basically we all in agreement that Apple is better than Microsoft, samsing, android, and acer?

Agreed

Yup agreed

>All publicity is good publicity. There could easily be some dumbass rich Chinese kid on here who thinks "wow I can have an absurd gaming machine that I can take to 'college' with me!"

Also, this increases brand recognition. Someone here one day could want to buy a laptop, and Acer might be a brand that they'll think of and consider checking their offerings, even if it's not this monstronsity.

>tfw I accidentally greentexted

He should just get a macbook pro

I could see someone who would like to have a future proof system but I would not do that with a laptop. You are extremely limited to upgrades and expanding. Whereas if you took that money and invest it into a full tower, you would have plenty of room to add more hard drives, pci expansion cards, etc. I personally like laptops no larger than 15.4" or 15.6" screens, after that they get bulky, heavy, and more expensive. My laptop cost me $640 and does what I need it to do. Light gaming, YouTube, shit posting.

>Whereas if you took that money and invest it into a full tower, you would have plenty of room to add more hard drives, pci expansion cards, etc.
I think you're missing the point, considering the price and the packaging this is a very niche product. It's geared towards people that don't know how or can't be bothered to upgrade their computers. These people also don't want the bulk a full sized tower.

More than that, this is a halo product. They most likely know they're not going to make money on it, it's just an engineers demo/plaything.