How do Linux users cope with watching movies without madVR and SVP?

How do Linux users cope with watching movies without madVR and SVP?

>svp

lol

> watching a slide-show

> getting eye cancer

having watched the hobbit in theaters at 48fps, I have to admit, SVP is the closest approximation to that you can get at home.

Let me guess, you've got golden eyes to go with your golden ears and cable risers and pure oak dials?

If you cant see the difference between 24fps and HFR 48fps, i've got some bad news for you, you might be retarded, or some level of legally blind.

I find it better than 48FPS. 48FPS gave still a slide impression of watching a slide-show. Sure, "real" 60FPS(or higher, depended on Monitor) is always better but it's still smooth.

Of course 48FPS upgraded to 60 or more would be even better.

The problem with SVP is you inherently get frame doubling since the source isn't HFR.

The reason the Hobbit in 48fps looked so good was because it was SHOT at 48fps. Interpolating 24fps up to 60fps works, but not nearly as well as straight 48fps does.

Now if the hobbit were SHOT in 60fps, that'd be a different matter.

So you're one of those golden eye boys. How cute desu senpai.

Sure, real 48FPS would be even better if it was upscaled with SVP to something higher.

I noticed that SVP works best when a scene does not have very abrupt changes.

For instance if the camera pans on the same direction and scene it's best.

So fucking tired of the 24fps meme. You have to sit completely motionless to not notice how jerky it is. Why are movies still shot with it? Because it's cheaper? I don't beleive it, they have millions in their disposal.

Post your face when Linux users get the same thing for free as Windows users have to pay for.

Also
>60 fps, not 144 fps
shiggydiggaro

The human eye can see differences up to 150 FPS. It was tested on pilots.

PS. That also means gaymers aiming for more than 150FPS are spergs.

That will depend on your settings as well, I have mine cranked up all the way for quality and it's pretty decent.

now i want an "pixelate" filter to watch my anime OP, fuck you.

Pilots have golden eyes. They truly need them.

Of course it's cheaper. In the age of film it was half or more the film/process of film which was very costly. Even today it would double or almost double the cost of downloading, storage and decoding.

That's stupid. Pilots have good health but they are not superhuman. If a run-of-the-mill pilots can see 150 FPS on tests, any fit young male can see at least 120FPS, and we're not even going near 100FPS yet.

Yeah, my PC can handle high settings too. It's pretty good in most scenes. It only gets artifacts on very abruptly changing scenes that the algorithms can's easily interpolate the reality between the previous frame and the next.

Sometimes it's the movie's fault though. e.g. "Heroine jumps from top of car to truck in front of her" -> next frame "Heroine is already on the truck". That looks shit on both low FPS and SVP because it's too abruptly-changing.

PS. I didn't mean there was an edited cut there by the way, some continuous shots do that.

>fit young male
do you actually think the indexposter is fit tho?
he doesn't have the blessed eyes of the gods, let him watch 12 fps in peace man

I can derive Linux is still a stupid decision.

Yeah i used to try using it on my A10-7850k APU rig, it was not nearly as good.

>watching an artificially interpolated mess
>getting eye AIDS

did they actually post that troll pic or is this a joke you made for Sup Forums?

The interpolation is great when the panning of the camera is done smoothly and the previous frame is logically connected to the next. In fact, if the interpolation is shit, the source is shit anyway, even on low FPS. For example if frame number 100 shows a heroine attempting to jump from the top of a car to a truck in front of her and frame number 101 shows her already on the truck (rapid succession like that is common in fast-paced action films) then the interpolation will give artifacts, but the source film would be also annoying for being so abrupt anyway.

It looks like a troll pic but SVP is still great. You can't show motion on a still anyway. If it uses madVR too the still would be great though too.

>hurr it's an interpolated mess

Dude, I have some really bad news for you.

It's /all/ interpolated. Every single worthwhile video codec is lossy. Data is thrown out when encoded and interpolated when played back.

Otherwise it's just a series of 1:1 32 or 24 bit bitmaps and it's fuckhuge. Which is totally useless for entertainment.

>framerate

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS.

LET ME GET ONE THING CLEAR. THE HUMAN EYE DOES NOT HAVE A FRAMERATE. AN AUTOMOTIVE STROBE LIGHT IS 200 MICROSECONDS. THIS IS AN EQUIVALENT OF 5000 FRAMES PER SECOND.

EVERYTHING IS AN APPROXIMATION. THE ONLY GOAL IS "GOOD ENOUGH." IF SOMEONE IS HAPPY WITH 24 FRAMES PER SECOND, AND MANY ARE, LEAVE HIM BE. IT'S BEEN GOOD ENOUGH FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW.

CAPS IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Because they are autistic manchildren who only watch anime

Penitum 4 is good enough
64MB RAM is good enough
56kbps is good enough
etc
etc

Just because you're fine with the way things are doesn't mean you should ignore what is possible.

you know there's a linux version of SVP, right?

1080p 24fps is the limit of human vision

I once estimated at what resolution a 24'' screen on a regular distance for a desktop computer would start not needing antialiasing at all.

It's at around 8K. Beyond that, it's pointless.

I hate antialiasing though. It's just blurring.

The hobbit is not 30 fps

is that pic for real? are they dumb?

enjoy your garbled frames