Vizio 4k TVs

>hear that Vizio 4k TVs bought at Walmart aren't real 4k.
>Parents buy a Vizio 4k TV from Walmart
Did they do good?
(Camera quality is bad)

>aren't real 4k
wut

Depends on the model.

you do realize that for 4k you also need 4k content, right? So far only a few movies and youtube videos are available in 4k.

>"but it upscales"
Nice trips.

I've been downloading more and more things in 4k Not OP, but these days, shit's great

The Grand Tour is all in 4k and Planet Earth 2 should be out soon

I'm always annoyed when I hear people talk about the PS4 being 4k and 4k in general. Normal television isn't even full-HD yet, nor are console games. Why not first make full-HD the actual standard.

Yeah I know I'm not the one who bought it. They hardly ever watch 4k unless Netflix has it. I don't even think that they're aware the content they play isn't 4k

There are over 150 4K blurays out now and more come out every week, there is content out there if you want it.

Mot of those blurays and Netflix '4k' are upscaled.

Some 4K blurays are upscaled from 2K digital intermediate because all the CGI was done at that resolution, but that is still better than you're getting out of a regular blu-ray, not to mention HDR.

You could at least give the model number

>MY HENTAI ISN'T IN 4K REEEEEEEE

All Netflix originals are shot in 4k. It's still shitty bitrate because you're streaming it. But it's source is 4k.

It's probably not 1080p either. Majority of the anime industry is still producing 720p source.

who cares, it's not like anyone can see a real difference unless they sit 10 inches from the screen and switch between different resolutions.

>Real 4k
The resolution is the correct 3840 x 2160. But they have cheap rgbw panels

I applaud you for that shot of Obama. Look at him, all sad and shit.

It becomes apparent when you have a big TV

>3840 x 2160
It always annoys me that we call it 4k instead of 2160p. All the others were named based on the vertical length 360p,480,576p,720p,1080p,1440p but now we decide to call it 4k.

Where the fuck did the 4k even come from? There's no 4k in either of the numbers and even if you multiply them they come up to 8.2million pixels.

I've never seen 4k content or I'm blind.

>720p
>most shitty studios do 480p or 360p
4k anime when?

no it does not

t. TVlette owner

placebo

if they show 1080p and say it's 4k you will go "wow so crisp"

its relative to how far away people sit also.

I've only noticed the benefits of 4K TVs in the store when I am standing 2 feet away from them.

I tell people that if their TV breaks to replace it with a 4K tv, but don't ditch your working 1080p TV for a 4K one just wait, wait until there is more content (or at least content that you want a watch)

>placebo
lol no, try watching something besides Finding Dory upscaled at Best Buy

I watch The Grand Tour every week and there's a noticeable difference between 1080p and 4k

just placebo

Some blind tests I ran say otherwise

Damn you tards are like those people back in 2006 that said 1080p was also placebo
>durr DVD is good enough

It probably has a shitty bit depth, which is one reason why it's so cheap.

>2017
>third worlder flipland
>Digital TV still in test broadcast
>fucking mainstream broadcast networks here doesn't broadcast HD in free DTV
>only those christian networks broadcast HD
>HD as in 720p only

Welcome to FLIPLAND, just fuck our shit up.

>Where the fuck did the 4k even come from?
2160p has 4 times the pixels of 1080p, that's where it comes from.

You're a retard, or you need to get your eyes check. Maybe just an autist who can't accept change?

It should be called 4x then not 4k

because TV manufacturers like Samsung and LG need a reason to sell people new TVs

that's wrong though, 4K refers to the number of horizontal lines of resolution. Original "true" 4K was 4096x2160 but that's not actually a 16:9 aspect ratio so they decided to just make 4x 1080p the defacto "4K" standard, despite it only having 3840 lines of horizontal resolution, short of what is suggested by the nomenclature

My mom litterally bought a 4k Sharp brand tv last night from walmart. Both it and the Vizio's next to it clearly had a 4k source and were displaying it at 4k resolution. Its no meme, its just that everything else about the displays (refresh rate, contrast, lack of HDR, possible input compression, etc) are comparatively bad. Still looks good to me for a $400 50 inch tv.

>Normal television isn't even full-HD yet, nor are console games. Why not first make full-HD the actual standard
what are you talking about ?
Should we hold out on making things 'standard' until 100% of people are on board ?

>can't notice difference between 720p and 4K
>can't notice difference between 128kbps mp3 and flac

what's wrong with me?

Movies shot on 35MM are in a higher res than 4k

Going to doctor might help you with that

Are you old and partially blind? Have you lived a fulfilling childhood full of loud concerts and lightshows?

Relax, we can use pure vector animation which has infinite resolution.

Why some people still use raster for any generated image is beyond me. Sadly real life is discrete so it acts as raster and has translation errors that limit it.

>In short my 2D vector generated waifu has more life like detail then real life.

for you