I'm cold and Linux runs too efficiently. How can I build a program that will make my CPU and other hardware heat up...

I'm cold and Linux runs too efficiently. How can I build a program that will make my CPU and other hardware heat up? I have an HDD btw.

It's a dell and I know golang and javascript.

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.9.1.tar.xz
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

main() { while(1); }

Run 30 of these

# while true ; do emerge -e @world --ask=n ; done

distributed computing

>good goym
>help design genetic weapons

Open 30 terminals and type yes $(cat some_image.png) in all of them.

tso?

man yes

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Ok, I will byte.
[citation needed]

I actually did it because I wanted to see how it looked like. It's ok.

Install Gentoo

compiling pushes your CPU to max clock and frequency.

good luck.

use firefox, play agar.io or some retard game that goes full retard and thinks that javascript is fine for game dev

>full retard and thinks that javascript is fine for game dev
What do YOU recommend webgames should be programmed in? Flash? Are you retarded or something?

Install BOINC and contribute to some distributed computing projects.

>webgames
Implying webgames should exist

Like the rest of the games are made, in a fucking separate client

:(){ :|:& };:

Use terminator and broadcast to a group of 100 terminals

Download Blender and just render a giant pile of glass monkey heads with the raytracing bounce count turned up. You don't have to write anything and it's very easy to make it take forever (and you can run it on GPU or however may cores you want).

Don't run this, it's a fork bomb that just eats memory until your system freezes.

I did it and now my PC is warm and comfy

If you want a fun programming task make a program that calculates every prime number. Prime 95 is literally that.

Does Prime 95 run on WINE? You could try that.

html5 is the way to go

But you can't have html5 without javascript.

Learn ML and run a big learning set.
Learn Blender and render with over 9000 samples and 4K resolution.
Play Crysis/Skyrim with texture mods.
Data mining.
Scientific calculations.

Or just run Prime95 + Furmark.

Now I want a Wendy's 4 for 4 :|

No programming needed:

1. download linux kernel: cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.9.1.tar.xz
2. unpack it
tar xvfp linux-4.9.1.tar.xz
3. compile it (make sure your have gcc installed)
cd linux-4.9.1
make allyesconfig
make -jN

N=(number of your cores or threads+1)

Boot up Crysis and max out the settings.

you've done him