/hpg/ - Headphone Genera

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3QqiQ4bgFBk
vocaroo.com/i/s0tsmsxDAPWL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm looking to pick up some DT770s, is there a discernible difference between the different impedance models?

Getting the 250 Ohm model would likely require a DAC/AMP as well, would this be a worthwhile investment over the 80 Ohm?

Is the oppo ha-2 actually good? Powering "anything" and good overall quality?

It's a bit expensive compared to the other similar dac/amps on the market. But if you disregard the price?

the best anime headphones

Anyone ordered from JDS labs to Europe? Did you pay any taxes? I could order their shit from German distributor but I am. it sure if they do an engraving.

reposting from last thread, bear with me

What's hpg's thought about the pic related?
I can actually change them with amazon return system.
I'm waiting for Fiio X1 to arrive the next week.
Are RHA MA750 better?
Can you suggest me some other good earphones to combine with that DAP for mostly listen to electronic music in flac format?

Chifi sound. That's good.

Chifi build quality. That's bad.

Those are fine, but I personally would have gone with the MA750 for build and bass.

Don't fret, you did fine and if they do end up breaking on you, use the opportunity to try the MA750 or something else.

Let's try this again

>Budget
100-200€, flexible
>Location
Sweden (yes)
>Source
PC primarily, sometimes phone/console
>Type of headphone
Full-sized, around ear
>Open or closed
Closed, used for both travel and office listening
>Comfort level
I want MAXIMUM COMFY
>Sound signature
Don't know, not very important
>Past headphones
I've had a pair of ATH-M50 for the last several years, nothing else of note. I like the sound but I can't wear them for more than 1-2 hours before I need a break because of the clamping, despite stretching them multiple times. It's about time I upgraded to something much comfier with similar sound quality.

Look for a good deal on the mdr 1a, i got as low as 180 last hollydays, anyway these are max confy without changing the pads, and are 10-10 portables

dt770 if you want maximum comfyness and can deal with V shaped sound.

HD 598 Cs.

I use them for long periods without complaint.

They don't glue the pads anymore but there are still QC issues where one side is louder than the other so it's a gamble if you wanna buy them.

WAV files are any good?

And what if I convert a mp3 file into a WAV file, it will change anything insignificantly?

It's a serious question

please respond

I can get MDR-1A for about €120 which is as much as DT770s cost here. Is that a good deal?

Are he400is a good buy? Spare me the racist bullshit if you do offer your thoughts on them, cheers.

if you get good phones even youtube sounds good

You didn't answer my question

I'm also wondering. I'm real close to buying them.
I want to experience the planar sound.

>Wav is a lossless format, just like FLAC is.

And no, converting mp3, a lossy format, to lossless does not make any sense.

>And what if I convert a mp3 file into a WAV file
You'll only change the format while retaining all the information in the mp3. In the process you will multiply the file size. I see no reason to do this.

So how can i make the perfectest sound audio for my favo song?

This one
youtube.com/watch?v=3QqiQ4bgFBk

Should i just buy the WAV format from beatport for the highest quality and sound?

Heavily leaning towards DT770s. Do they have a decent soundstage?

I made my WS1100is to sound just like WS99 or even better. Crazy

>So how can i make the perfectest sound audio for my favo song?
By acquiring the original file in lossless format.

>Should i just buy the WAV format from beatport for the highest quality and sound?
If that's the only outlet, yes. Beatport blows but you do get what you want in this case.

Don't misunderstand lossless as some kind of clear path into audible improvements. Good lossy file sounds the same as lossless but only by getting the original file you can be certain.

Yes they're very comfortable

I'd say yes, sound quality is good. Consumer service I've heard not so good. Tried them on a store and the built quality felt good too. I ended up going for the HD600s though because they were cheaper.

Thanks mate!

you just saved my life

What do you guys think of these (Bose QC 35)?

Can someone post the waifu headphone template?
btw, thoughts on the ifi iCan micro? I can get it by less than half the price. Worth it?

np

I figured this was the best place to ask, but what're some good replacement earpads for the Audio Technica M series headphones that are comfortable but don't sacrifice sound?

What is the vocal range frequency? it literally bleeds my ears. I want to get rid of it through apo without killing the sound

My integrated sound card is causing buzzing when my headphone cord is angled a certain way.

Any recommendations for a simple external sound card for a regular pair of ATH-M50s? Is a TerraTec Aureon Dual USB good enough?

I just found it

never mind

Are ModMics any good or are they just memes? I need a microphone to go with my headphones for casual VoIP chatting and my friends are getting tired of my $5 desktop mic garbage.

unless you're a poorfag I'd say this is a good time to get an external dac amp like the fulla 2 or the e10k

ZMMIC1/Sony ECMCS3

yes, very

>it's a gamble
>returning defective merchandise is NOT ALLOWED
>it's a gamble

If you want to argue semantics then yeah whatever, you can return them. Still annoying to have to deal with getting a defective pair not once, but twice in my case, so I'm just saying that there's still the chance you won't get a good one.

It is a gamble, because it's a hassle and a headache to have to keep returning something because the quality control is just shit. There's no excuse for it on a headphone that expensive.

The pair I ordered had a channel imbalance issue, fuck if I was going to go through the hassle of trying multiple pairs until I found a balance pair. I returned that shit for a refund and bought an HD600 instead.

Is there really a noticeable improvement between a ~$25 DAC and a ~$100 DAC?

I'm neither a poorfag nor an audiophile, I just want to get rid of the interference without wasting my money on something that'll work poorly.

what's the difference between Sennheiser HD800 and HD800S?

No annoying treble peak in 800S

they're dac/amps
they're basically all you'll ever need for audio equipment (other than speakers/headphones/earphones of course)
I feel like getting one of those dac dongles is a waste, because in the long run you're getting nothing out of it and it'll most likely break in a few years, maybe even sooner

cool your akg boner bro

Hyper X Cloud vs Core vs Cloud II vs Logitech g430

which one to get ?

>Budget
0-200$
>Location
Berlin
>Source
Phone/Computer (no amp)
>Type of headphone
Overear Closed
>Comfort
more comfy the better

based on the limited knowledge I have gathered the past few days, I'm going for the dt770's 80 ohms as a first choice, 250 Ohms as a second, a sennheiser model that Sup Forums will tell me to buy as a third choice (already lost with all their models and the news on what's being discontinued and the variations in prices) and finally the ath-m50x as a final pick.

will be getting an amp in the near future,

(you)

hyper x cloud

don't get cloud 2, it's strictly worse
if you don't need cloth pads core is an option if it's cheaper

I'd say just get the normal cloud unless you can find the core for a lot cheaper, a second pair of pads is very nice

>a sennheiser model that Sup Forums will tell me to buy as a third choice (already lost with all their models and the news on what's being discontinued and the variations in prices) and finally the ath-m50x as a final pick.
no
>250 Ohms as a second
>Phone/Computer (no amp)
no

134$ for cloud
100$ for core

(Mother Russia)

what should be the alternative choices frempai

>listen to my SZ2000s with bass boosted & properly amped
>mind melting and skull fucking at the same time
>15 minutes later
>that was fun
>put HD 650's back on
>feels like crawling back into your comy bed just like you left it
>like putting on a glove that has been worn and designed to last for centuries

HD650's will always be my one true love

can't you import from something like .de?
both of those prices are abysmal because they're like 60-70

XPT100/HM5 is comfy as well, but bassy rather than V shaped
hyperx cloud is a straight downgrade in just about everything from dt770, but it's like half the price and has a detachable mic if you want one

I don't really know cause I am not Russian. Fairly recently moved to Moscow, no idea how importing works.

THIS IS MICROPHONE REQUEST NOT HEADPHONE

>Budget
$AUD 20 - 30
>Location
Australia
>Source
ASRock B85M-Pro4 (cheap motherboard)
>Type of microphone
Clip on microphone - good quality
>Past Microphone
Zalman ZM-1 or something like that. The sound quality isnt very good and there is a lot of white noise. Its also omni-directional which means people can hear everything.

buy a xonar DGX
vocaroo.com/i/s0tsmsxDAPWL

you sound like a total faggot

yet somehow I still suck less dick than you

Thanks for the input, the HD600s would probably be my other choice if not the Hifimans.

So what mic are you using.

Btw where you from

the same mic you/he has, ZMMIC1
the land of pedophiles and the planning grounds of radical islam

Filthy.

FEEEEEEEEEEEEELTHYYYYYYYYYYYY

>41AUD

dt 770 / 880 / or 990 ??!!

DT770 closed strong V shape
DT880 open slight V shape/balanced
DT990 open strong V shape
880>770>990 unless you're a nigger, in which case reverse it

thanks

WS1100is

>

No, It's only a slight improvement.

Though, if you're planning on getting other headphones or upgrading sometime in the future, it may be a worthy investment. You can get an O2 for $70 + Shipping off massdrop. You probably don't need a DAC.

What are you buying? If an Objective2, just build your own.

I'm actually thinking of getting these, wondering how the sound is compared to the x2's
Inb4 "x2's are better because they're open"

If you liked the sound of your M50's, get 770's. They're very similar in sound signature, but better in every way. Vastly more comfortable, huge velour pads, huge deep cups.

Yeah, it's not too bad. Above normal for a closed can, but nothing spectacular.

Its either the female jack in your soundcard being broken, or the male jack plug in your headphones.

I'd just say get something like an E10k, SMSL M3, or a Fulla 2. You get volume control, and those shitty USB soundcards are typically built like shit and often sound like shit too. Invest in something that'll last a while longer.

Get them if you want.

And if you think the sound is not good then just EQ the shit up. And If you still thinking this doesn't sound good then get the extreme audio cable with two female RCA to male aux.

Yeah, they're good. Listen to sound tests on youtube.

Only get M50x if you need portability, and will get new pads. Theyre uncomfortable as fuck

Get the 770 80 ohm.

sounds like aids

I don't want to have to do all that. I just want headphones with a strong bass but clear mids/highs. the x2 is another option but I'm afraid the bass isn't quite as strong as I want, and I also don't care for the v shape too much

Hey Sup Forums, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking into buying a sound bar for my mom's birthday. my budget is about $300 but i would like to keep it closer to $200. Basically just looking for something to replace the surround sound system my dad put up in the 90s.
Thanks in advance.

They have strong bass, but not overwhelming like nigger's bass. The sound in other hand is pretty good if you get the EQ right spot on

But that can happen with any brand you retard. I've had defective HD650 in the past. The best brand when it comes to quality control is probably Beyerdynamic as Germans are anal about that stuff.

>Keep getting outbid on used lower end Lambda models
AAAAA, so tired of the autobid bullshit and shitbay in general. I don't want to pay more than 250-300USD.

If you go through the trouble of proxy buying on YAJ can you get better deals on Stax compared to ebay? Anyone experience with advice?

are you implying Beyerdynamic is more German than high end Snapheiser?

which has stronger bass? I assume the ws1100is because its only semi open instead of fully open like the x2?

it has air chambers for more bass production and for better clarity overall. It's like splits the sound from the bass for better audio quality so the sound can sound better. And thanks to EQing up it can sound even better.

I'm just telling what I experienced.

High-end models of any brand are usually tested by actual people before getting into the market as it's a reputation thing. With low to mid-fi, it's a lottery.

Reminder that HD650s are available for $299 on Amazon,

You can also get them for $260 if you order from Amazon UK and don't have an issue with waiting a bit longer. £196 to £211 after currency conversion & shipping costs, though this may vary for you.

I was trying to say:

''The sound can sound better even while the bass interrupts''

do you mean better clarity and audio quality than the x2?

>It's like splits the sound from the bass for better audio quality so the sound can sound better
You have no idea how sound works.