How long until Linux becomes more polished?

I like the idea of Linux and free operating systems, however its current iteration leaves much to be desired.

The biggest issue is its user unfriendliness, no GUIs for options that ought to have them, and tons of bugs - in any distro really, even major ones like Ubuntu. Then there's the whole shitstorm about X, and the fact that it's unable to display stuff correctly. Though they say Wayland is on its way, which is great, but apparently its been on its way since 2013...

Moving on, there are issues with most major DE's - KDE 5 despite being touted as "stable" sofware, really ought to be in Beta, or better yet Alpha, it is crashing so much. Gnome is just absolute trash, it's incredibly inconvenient to use and I can't fathom who in their right mind would choose it as their DE of choice. Probably sociopaths.
Unity is a failure, not that Ubuntu cares, since they stubbornly keep trying to force it down on everyone's throats. The only more or less decent DE is Cinnamon, but it's heavy on the resources. Great.
I haven't tried Xfce, MATE personally, beyond a simple USB boot, but they appear to be rather primitive in customization, which I personally find deplorable -but each to his own right.

The available programs on Linux are what i'd generally call..lackluster, though there are a few hidden gems worth discovering and using on a daily basis. As for file browsers, the options are acceptable, but only just barely. They seem rather sluggish performance wise, especially compared to a good old Windows file explorer.
Last but not least Linux gaming is still pretty much nonexistent, which isn't entirely Linux's fault since CEO's choose which OS's they develop for, but still, this is a serious drawback - just like the buggy windows emulation.

Overall Linux has potential, with a bit of time - 5 or 10 years, hard work and cooperation, I can see it catching up to Windows. But until then.. it's a rather unpolished diamond.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

hello,

work in this field, I would like to remind users gnu+linux is not a consumer OS! it is used in specialized areas of computing i.e. supercomputers, enterprise, certain areas of software development, networking and storage management (servers).

there are reasons for this which can be loosely categorized by 'externally' and 'internally'. externally, gnu+machines are easier to maintain, cheaper and more reliable. internally, the l-kernel itself responds and is better suited to the tasks I previously mentioned.

notice that these tasks listed are generally not consumer oriented! linux is taking great steps and leaps in trying to penetrate that market but as of today and tomorrow won't be a consumer OS. If you are interested in this type OS, use XNU! It is a consumer friendly.

thank you for reading!!

0/10 pathetic

Elementary OS looks pretty polished to me.

>cant save anything to desktop
>letting numales control you this much

>flatter than a pancake that was ran over by a road roller
>polished

>Gnome is just absolute trash, it's incredibly inconvenient to use and I can't fathom who in their right mind would choose it as their DE of choice.

Gnome 3 is the best laptop DE.

Linux is a server/programmer platform. You can fuck off to your baby and gay shit now.

>Not screenfetch
Disgudting

The problem about gaming is that a good number of people who use Linux don't want to be installing proprietary software anyway. So even if people started developing games for Linux, they're not going to get as high a percentage of Linux users considering them as Windows. At best they get some Winblows users to switch over to Loonix.

Never. Linux is based on the idea everyone can to whatever the fuck to his system in order to make it exact the way he want it. Linux has to be less free and used by more simple minded tards in order to be stable... like Android.

If linux is an unpolished diamond, windows is an unpolished turd.

Just fucking edit one value

Windows is polished turd.

Actually it just needs more attention.
Most people are introduced to computers with a GUI interface, the majority of computers I've handled in the last 20 years all have GUI interfaces. They come prepackaged most likely with a GUI interface and it's more expensive and more work to switch over to a command line, then add on that you probably have to go get a book on how to use it if you don't have an internet connection available most people know very little about it so unless you have a connection with someone you can reach without an internet connection that isn't going to talk down to you for asking them questions (let's face it, online most people will simply talk down to you instead of helping or teaching you anything) you're rather shit out of luck toward using it. You could call it dumbing down making attempts to make it more user friendly but that's rather stupid since your not criticising the way they are trying to make it more user friendly, simply that it's more user friendly in itself. GUI is considered more userfriendly but most older people are totally computer illiterate and can't even get a GUI to work.
I'm a GUI pleb and part of the appeal of getting a gnu/linux os on one of my computers is just a simpler command line interface; mostly since I don't even use the bulk of the stuff the GUI represents and windows 8 added on the stupid extra app gui which is a second shittier desktop instead of a start button because they want to kill anyone liking windows XP which I actually did. I'd buy a mac and even just use apple over another windows version I hate windows8 so much but have just felt stuck with it since I didn't have full ownership of the computer myself and have to share some of the computers with people that would never figure out a non-gui system but can finally do it with my own stuff now.

2never0

We will have AI that can make amazing OS before we will have decent linux distro.

It doesn't. Looks like a cheap Chinese MacOS knockoff. That dock is horrible.

>KDE 5 despite being touted as "stable" sofware, really ought to be in Beta, or better yet Alpha, it is crashing so much.

I run Neon. It has the latest KDE. It's bleeding edge "oh shit they broke something"

You know what? It's goddamn stable. And it's /pretty/.

You know what's not stable? Systemd's treatment of network-manager. That's what's not stable.

>close laptop lid
>sleep

>open lid
>systemd "LOL YOU WANT NETWORK? FUCK YOU! HAHAHAHAA"

>You know what's not stable? Systemd's treatment of network-manager. That's what's not stable.

Holy fuck, this. It's is what drove me away from Neon. (That and KWin still fucks up on me no matter what I do - good for you if it doesn't.)

You might have better luck with openSUSE. For my laptop it's proven perfect - no DE breaking, no wi-fi problems...no problems at all, actually.

Never, ReactOS will become stable and then it will be like desktop Linux never happened.

right on schedule

I think the Unity desktop actually has some potential but needs much improvement.
Some of the things that need to be changed:
Restore an application hierarchy similar to the Applications menu.
Use smaller icons, or adjust to the size available.
Don't cover the entire screen with the Dash.
Conform to the system color settings (this is not a video game!)
Don't show non-installed applications in the application menus. Keep installation separate.
Add user customizability to the application hierarchy.
Add user customizability to the size and location of the launcher.
Add the ability to turn off capture of menus on the Top Bar, probably default to off for normal desktop installs.
Fix LibreOffice to use the menus in the same ways as other applications.
Either don't require 3d acceleration or ship 3d capable drivers for all video cards.

Wine will become usable long before ReactOS gets anywhere near stable.

I hate Ubuntu. I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it, and especially those who advocate it. Here's why:
Name 20 features, release-for-release or year-for-year that have not come from Redhat. Redhat basically runs the show when it comes to Linux. This includes things like NetworkManager, Gnome, Xorg, GCC, glibc, LVM, KVM, kernel, file systems et al. Redhat has developers making significant contributions to the entire FOSS software stack upstream.
Ubuntu on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from Debian with each release. They then perform minor patching and testing. It generally lags behind Fedora by a release or two in parts of the software stack. I never see @ubuntu or @cannocial email addresses in upstream changelogs.
So tell me again, how exactly does Ubuntu innovate' They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing in Ubuntu.
Yes, Ubuntu is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of giants. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever import software into their repositories. This is fine, and what FOSS is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers.
What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Ubuntu users. They seem to think Ubuntu is responsible for all that is good in the FOSS world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Ubuntu support mechanisms (IRC, mailing lists, forums) are much less helpful than the alternative.
If you want a nice desktop distro, run Fedora or OpenSUSE. If you like control, run Gentoo. If you need stability, run RHEL/CentOS or Debian. But please, don't feed the idiot magnet that is Ubuntu!

>hasn't tried Xfce or MATE
>primitive in customization

B8? These are two of the most customizable DEs around right now.

They're pretty much reliant on each other's work, but ReactOS will support tons of DRM stuff while Wine will say fuck em and keep thousands of garbage compatibility ratings.

That's extremely wrong though. If that were the case, Ubuntu wouldn't have the market share that it does.

>install program on linux
>uses GTK2 with some theme and looks like a fucking tablet application
>install another program
>uses GTK2 with a slightly or completely different theme
>install yet another application
>uses QT and looks completely different too

Except react OS is garbage... basically an open-source Windows 98.

It's copying the windows NT 5.2 kernel, stop spreading bullshit.

Typical user doesn't give a shit, only annoying Linux people that stick with it as their new religion care. Everyone else gets tired of that bullshit real fast and switches back.

XFCE is fantastic and Xubuntu is my favorite hassle-free distribution that is extremely light on resources, yet fully featured.

It's the one distribution that i can freshly install and start using without having to modify it in order to suit my needs. I don't know what could be more elegant than a GUI that stays out of my way.

Unity is far too overbearing, press the super key and a GUI pops up that covers my entire 4k screen are you kidding me? I much prefer XFCE's unassuming start/search menu that can be configured to also serve as a file search if need be.

>I immediately lose respect for anyone who runs it

And i loose respect for people who judge others based on their choice of distribution. Get over yourself, you're not that important.

Screenfetch, 4 u.

That huge greyspace above the browser tabs looks really unsightly, It also breaks the color scheme completely.

>no GUIs for options that ought to have them
That's a problem with the users, not a problem of the OS. This whole culture of being afraid of the command line is very damaging to the computing industry - it makes users easily manipulated and controlled, and becoming dependent on others. The command line gives you more options than any GUI could reasonably accomodate, and if you want a "shortcut" for options you use a lot, you could always write a shell script.

>he doesn't know the purpose of an OS

It only does that when minimized. I've tried a bunch of dark chromium themes, this one does the trick when full screen.

If these are your only concerns about linux then you have barely gotten your feet wet. If you've got time enough to post this write-up then you've got time to play around with linux and find something you like about it other than just the idea of it. It's here. It's for experimenting with and seeing what it's good for. If you're too busy then stop shitposting. I've got time for both apparently.

Oh please great oracle, enlighten us

>elementary OS
trash-tier OS
check out my screenfetch

Checked

MATE is top notch too. Stable as fuck

the trips of truth have spoken
heed this mortal's word

>shit-tier
>Antergos

Linux distros desperately need containers for everything. Dynamic linking is shit that always brings a fuck ton of bugs and eventually breaks things. There will never be a year of the Linux desktop if dynamic linking is prevalent.

>1366x768

both W10 and macOS are flatter than that GTK theme you literal tard

I'll take something that works as promised over a meme OS any day.

>X
>unable to display stuff correctly

that's literally the only thing it does and X isn't broken what are you talking about

>file browsers sluggish

are you retarded

>linux gaming is nonexistant
Grow up, manchild. Gaymen is for children. And Linux has more games than the XB1 and PS4 combined.

>windows emulation
wine is not an emulator

OP is totally right. All Linux developers should just admit they are trying to polish a turd and convert to helping Apple make OSX, excuse me, macOS, the best Operating System money can buy.

>X
>not being a broken piece of obsolete shit

>X
>being a broken piece of obsolete fecal matter
I bet you're one of those cucks who think wayland will save the world

Unironically Solus is really polished UI/UX-wise. I think it'll be the distro of 2017, especially after they add slightly more packages to the repo.

Tell me what's wrong with Antergos. I'll wait.
It's an old laptop, there's nothing I van really do about it. I'm getting a new one soon anyway.

>wine is not an emulator
what are VMs, anyway? I'm pretty sure they allow you to run Windows within Linux with no drawbacks?

>I bet you're one of those cucks who think wayland will save the world
No, but it'll bring back face to the massive embarrassment that is desktop Linux/BSD.

Right you are. When I had a class that required windows-only software I ran it all in a VM from my linux desktop. Worked surprisingly well.

You wish. Wayland is a cancer the same as systemd.

Not him but once Wayland is complete, it'll be a game changer, especially for Linux laptops. Imagine being able to open up your laptop and have it come back from suspend mode without weird shit happening on your screen. Imagine being able to plug your laptop into a second monitor/tv and have it just work immediately and without any strange graphical glitches. Once Nvidia fully supports Wayland, imagine gaming across multiple monitors and having it just work. That's what Wayland brings to the table.

I'm personally going to get a lot of satisfaction from not having Linux embarrass me when I try to show it off to people.

>Wayland is a cancer the same as systemd.
Good thing there are containment distros for you luddites.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

That's only looking at the benefits and completely ignoring the problems. If you only look at the good things you can make anything seem like a good idea. All of those things you listed would be absolutely lovely if they didn't come at the cost of completely killing independent WMs. Wayland doesn't allow for any of a thousand things that can currently be implemented as neatly separate tools. Screenshot tools, hotkey daemons, separate compositors like compton or xcompmgr, they all go up in smoke with Wayland. The only environments that will survive relatively intact are big monolithic desktop environments like KDE and GNOME. Lightweight or DIY DEs are not going to survive the transition without some serious changes.

wait who got ?

Looks like you suffer from autism
I'm using ubuntu simply because .deb is the only package format that is popular enough to be actually useful

>5/10 years

You don't really have a clue of what are you talking about right?

Nice concern trolling Pajeet
you're getting better

>Lightweight or DIY DEs are not going to survive the transition without some serious changes.

Well, it's basically evolution. If software devs can't figure out how to make their DE's work with Wayland or how to port their WM, then they'll get left behind. Linux is about progress, if we hold on to old software that is actually holding back the rest of the OS for the sake of compatibility, then Linux will become like Windows down the line.

Two words:
Battery life.
Just saying.

>lightweight will disappear
Yeah because in the community everybody goes the same way right? That's why there's only one distro.

I think in time the main independent WMs will probably depend on one or two WM libraries like current wlc or libweston (not necessarily those, though).
This will both deal with not having to reimplement the entirety of compositor for your own shitty WM that has js parsing and its own genius tiling layout written entirely in Prolog, and might make the "unique" X-like tools highly compatible, unless I misunderstand something.
Barring that, it could be that things needed for most of these tools will rise up as "unofficial" extensions that basically everybody of note supports, though it will be a harder path, if it happens.
Even if the independent WMs will somehow die, the niche that used them might just make a DE that isn't shit in the process. After all, the people won't go anywhere, there is a niche who wants independent WM-like experience.
In any case, nothing can be worse than staying on X. It might be that Wayland is not ideal or maybe not even that good, and Mir isn't either, but the worst option is surely staying on trainwreck that is X. It's just not an option by this point. Unfortunately, no matter how shitty Wayland turns out to be, it just can't be more shitty than X. If it's usable and it matches its design docs, it will be better than X by default.

Of course it covers your screen. Why wouldn't it?
The whole point is to show you stuff you search for.

Searching is the future of user interaction. Windows 8 tried it too, but literally took over your entire screen. Windows 10 did it smaller, and is better, but it's not as responsive as Ubuntu's unity.

This is actually important. It's more polished than Windows' efforts. The HUD makes things even better. Hit tab and you can search through the menubar of your current application.

This makes programs much easier to use. Which is a good thing.

That depends entirely on what you're trying to do.
A BI application that isn't using visualization is pure shit.

QlikView's easy-to-design thing might be closer to what you want: Users taking control, using their agency to better their tools.

Wine is Linux pretending to be Windows as well as it can. It's an open-source reimplementation of Windows. That is, a bunch of people trying to reimplement Windows as best as they can, as a layer on top of Linux. Windows and Linux are really different, in a lot of ways.
VM ideally outright simulates the underlying hardware of the machine; in practice many consumer VMs pass through some hardware to the VM and use smart processor instructions, but it's opt-in. The idea is, there's outright a Windows running on your computer, and it sees imaginary hardware your Linux tells it about. As such, it's a lot slower (without right processor extensions) but it can't glitch out where the original doesn't and doesn't need to reimplement things like Wine does.

You forgot the completely broken security model. Mir would have fixed that, but since it's Canonical, it's immediately evil.

Unlike RedHat's stuff, like PulseAudio, SystemD, etc.

They can still do that Mir thing if they wanted to, but nobody in their right mind expects anything big from Canonical to be usable or even easily adoptable to other distros fast.

PA and systemd ultimately did a lot and just about everyone who wanted to use them was quite able to within a year or so from release.

>Grow up, manchild. Gaymen is for children.
the entire unix thing and the was literally made because 2 guys wanted to play fucking Space Travel.
Which makes it extra delicious that all their desktop descendants suck so hard at gaming, and people that want games on it are getting screamed at by smug autists like these that it's "such child-like waste of time. We productive, lel"

>gaming is for children
I'm just gonna hang myself when I get to the point that I feel that life should never be about enjoying yourself.

>PulseAudio, SystemD
My two most hated Linux packages.
Fuck Lenny.

>Wayland is on its way
Annoys me too, but it will probably come out some day. It is technically workable even now, it's just like nobody cares about it enough to start making it equal in capabilities to X.
>lackluster programs
What? There is an open-source program for basically everything. Only the ones that are hard to implement (like Photoshop or Office) are a problem, and even they have their shitty alternatives.
On Windows you have a sea of redundant malware instead. I like that whenever I have to do some retarded task I can find the program just for that in default repos in a minute, completely free, no malware, no ads.
>file browser
>options are acceptable, but only just barely
>seem rather sluggish performance wise, especially compared to a good old Windows file explorer
Are we talking about the same thing? Explorer constantly hanged on me when I was on Windows.
There are quite a few good file browsers with lots more options than Windows provides, and I feel they are a lot less sluggish. Try out more stuff. Perhaps you just use NTFS a lot? NTFS support for Linux is not really the worst, but still limited in what it can provide.
>Linux gaming is nonexistent
It was nonexistent several years ago, it definitely exists now. It's still not comparable to Windows, but there are options for that too. Nowadays it's not "you can't game on Linux", it's how much time you are willing to spent on making it workable and what problems there are with current solutions.
>5 or 10 years
It's not like it's perfect, but I already feel there's enough good in it for the switch.
And hell, even things that are lacking, 5-10 years is overstating it. Linux is developing pretty fast nowadays. Talking about fixing problems here, UI/UX or popularity are more murky and may not have a strict time to solve.

It is not Linux that needs to be more polished but the graphical operating system that builds upon it that needs polishing.

>completely broken security model
Care to explain better?

I like them. They're good (necessary middleware "fix" for stuff not addressed by various drivers and hardware interacting with software) and great (finally a good init / services software with monitoring and analysis).

File browsers perform a lot better for me than on Windows. Explorer is often a sluggish beast that often likes to take forever to list a big folder.

...Do you even understand how Wayland works? Wayland is nothing like X. Wayland is just a protocol for programs to offer up their window contents. The compositor (Wayland's WM equivalent) handles displaying them. Wayland makes no attempt to allow any of the things that make compartmentalized DEs possible. With Wayland the compositor is all powerful and nothing else can exist unless the compositor makes it available. You can't just port your WM to wayland. Let's look at Openbox for example. You port openbox to wayland. Okay, now let's add tint2 because panels are great. Except tint2 can't be ported because wayland doesn't allow windows to grab information about the other windows. Compton, devilspie, sxhkd, xfce4-screenshooter, all are unportable. What Wayland needs is a second protocol on top for non-monolithic DEs to allow programs to access all that information again. But nobody's done it yet, what are the odds of it actually happening? Not good. Wayland is built with only big monolithic DEs in mind, it will kill off DIY DEs.

That doesn't mean the experience will be pleasant. Try not using systemd in 2017. You're going to have an incredibly bad time unless you're using a source based distro. I got Arch running on runit no problem, except that systemd cannot be uninstalled and keeps on running and doesn't let me manage my own services.

I've been hoping something like this would show up but I haven't heard of anything yet.

>Is against ubuntu
>advocates the bug fest that is fedora

ok bud

...Which I immediately followed with "Linux has more games than the XB1 and PS4 combined." I have Steam installed on gentoo over here and 84% of my steam library runs fine under linux natively. Nearly all of the rest runs under WINE except MGSV: TPP.

>Linux has more games than the XB1 and PS4 combined.
Yeah but none of the cool AAA immersive qte experiences.

Nothing is wrong with Antergos unless you count Arch elitists sperging out over it

Witcher 2 (and 3 was coming but they canceled)
Mad Max
Alien: Isolation
XCOM: all of them
Borderlands
Metro
BioShock Infinite
Life is Strange
All of Saints Row
Spec Ops: The Line
Tomb Raider

and that's all that I have in my library, you'll have to ask someone else what AAA games they have on Linux. But Linux has over 40% of the top 100 games on steam, if you've ever wanted non-windows gaming now is your chance.

eOS devs make you feel like a crook for download free software for free.

I rather rice Noobuntu with MacOS theme myself.

Is that KDE? I don't think I've ever seen KDE look that nice.

PA got big because Ubuntu pushed them.
Lenny got mad that Ubuntu released it so soon, because now he had to do bugfixes instead of new features.
Fucking THANK YOU Canonical for making that happen.

The problem with SystemD isn't that you can use it, it's that you have to use it.

It shouldn't have those things. It should at most provide hooks for them. Linux isn't Windows.

It has too much functionality. A lot of it will not be used, hence code that just sits there as an open attack vector.

It also defines shell behaviour. This means that if the behaviour is flawed, the programs that implement the models have to have that flawed behaviour. Consider back when Java Web Applets were a thing and how many sercurity holes Sun had to patch out.

Mir on the other hand is more like a LightDM to GDM. It can even use the same drivers.

It has a tighter core, and offers hooks to extend it with, which also allows it to handle new types of input easier.

In Wayland that shit is mostly hardcoded. This makes hacks necessary if you want to use new types of input. (Imagine if you wanted to control your computer by way of electronic anal beads. Before you had to use OSX, but with Mir you can add the controller events. Under Wayland you'd either need a hack, or have it emulate other input.)

These hacks would have to circumvent stuff, and hence, there'd be well documented ways to go around the security model, all because someone wasn't gay enough for OSX.

That's a feature, because now we can have GNOME 3 ONLY.

And in the end, everything will work like RHEL or die.

Meanwhile, everyone will complain because Canonical makes their stuff too different from RHEL for others to use.

MacBuntu makeover for Ubuntu distros. It has been around since 14.04

Pretty much yes, the major distros controls which software will survive in the long run.

You have a shit library mate, you should try insurgency if you like shooters.

You don't find systemd easier than init.rc? Because it seems to be the kind of thing you're asking for, but you don't understand exists because you haven't spent enough time with the OS ecosystem to get familiar with.

OP, you must understand that not everything can or should be done via a GUI. Sure, more things could be made accessible via a GUI, but understanding a CLI really doesn't require more of you than understanding how to click your way through the maze that is the control center in windows, and even less so than trying to figure out how to turn off swapping. In linux, you'd simply go into the CLI, and type in... duuuh, I don't know. Swap? Press tab for autocomplete in most any shell. Swapoff? Sounds promising. Hit enter. You're presented with options, how to use them, and a description of what swapoff does.

Assuming you're stumped, there's still your favourite non-tracking search engine. This is needed for windows too, and you can't deny it.

You can use whatever OS you want. I know that linux works great for me, and lets me work.

Add hearthstone and everything else that's found under playonlinux/wine. The former makes it extremely easy to install these games.