How much RAM do you have? Why?

How much RAM do you have? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/ContentView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&eSpotName=Z2Mini
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

128mb

4gb in both PC and laptop.
Never used it at 100%

16 GiB

8gigabaitsu
Have run close to maxing out several times, so might think about maybe another 8 or some shit

16GB because video gaming at 2160p in windows.

16gig
CAD work while finalizing with an adobe workflow, + chrome etc,

Maxed only 5% of the time.
Big projects get up to 8-12gigs.

Idles around 4-5 with background processes and chrome

2*16GB DDR3 now, 2*32GB DDR4 for my upcoming Summit Ridge build, leaving room for 128 GB even if I don't foresee exact reasons right now to need to go that high.

RAM is pretty cheap given how shitty everything runs when you don't have quite enough, even if it's largely empty a lot of the time.

32 gigs. Why not? I often run multiple VMs. It's pretty great.

32 GB DDR4, my computer is used by multiple people, (different sessions in windows),

i use chrome which is a RAM hogger, and usually keep up up to 40 tabs at the same time + photoshop, games and multimedia, 16GB wasnt cutting it anymore, and now i cant get to

>How much RAM do you have?
128 GB

>Why?
Because fuck you

8GB because you don't need more than that

16Gb because its too cheap not to

16GB

400 tabs of hentai

32GB because you can never have enough

>now i can't get to...

rip not enough ram to complete the sentence

4GB
Only really have issues when I forget I've got another browser window open with like 60 tabs

That's also what I thought... Until I took an arrow to the knee

16GB, because I enjoy having much more ram than what I need.
Also virtual machines.

I have none. I am an inferior meatsack.

>how much
4GB
>why
because I'm a poorfag

100. The man at Walmart said that was pretty good.

I've been running 12 GB of DDR3 on my desktop for a while now. Started with 8 GB originally when I first built it.

Just happens to be the perfect amount, isn't unusable like 16 GB but still gives a good amount of overhead for heavy multi-tasking.

24GiB.

Got myself 16 when I built it, then brother gave me another 8. I can use it all with bhyve and compiling and leaving a few hundred tabs of Firefox open

12 GB
>Why?
((((Prebuilt))))

>9000

This.

It's literally the best amount to have right now though.

>TFW you fell for the meme

16GB
I don't know why

16GB. It came with my Chromebook Pixel LS. Can't complain.

32GB
because fuck you that's why

32GB. Ram disks and rendering. Planning to upgrade to 64GB later in the year.

I fell for both the 8GB and 16GB meme, so now I have 24GB.

8GB turned out not to be enough to comfortably run what I wanted + a vm, so I just got another 16.

16GiB
i thought it would be enough when i built it 6 years ago. sadly, it isn't and the board can't handle more than 16

16GiB, because Blender. Some scenes can get pretty heavy to render and the cache goes beyond 8GiB on occasions.

16GB, because 8GB sometimes came close to being maxed out, also why the fuck not at these prices.
The only time something maxed out the 16GB was after several hours in XCOM2 which is broken and leaks memory like a motherfucker.

16GB

8gb because I built my computer in 2011.

I have 96jiggabytes because i have a small dick and need to try and compensate, even though 96 isn't much anyway

16GB

Because 8GB seems to fill on me sometimes, that and future proofing.

6 in the desktop, 3 in one phone, 2 in the other one, and 1 in the backup. 2 in the tablet, 2 on the laptop and 2 on the chromebook.

I have 8GB but I don't use chrome so it's plenty.

32gb, and I regularly hit 90%+.

Just upgraded to 16Gb. It is still not enough.

That cucks the Performance of your ram. Having unequal ram sticks

24GB because I run virtual machines. I even ran out of all 24GB while I was running my GPU passthrough along with many other things. After that I set up a swap partition.

16GiB DDR3 1333mhz (2x8)

>why
goat pussy stays tight.

4GB. That's the max my board can handle and it's enough for me anyway. I've used computers that had more but they didn't feel any faster than mine. But I'm not a gaymer so maybe that's why.

Nah, my motherboard and OS are smart enough to keep the two sticks paired up and fast and the third stick is by itself

More RAM doesn't make your computer faster unless it's being bottlenecked, idiot.

Uncommonly wize.
Running windows with much ram and processing is probably a server from and to God knows where.

shut up cia nigger

4G on my desktop.
8G on my laptop.
If I use more than that, it is a memory leak I should fix anyway

24 gigaboots for the sweet sweet vm's and servers

32 because A: my first non-potato PC and B: Praise Slaanesh

I have for sticks of 1gb because that's what the guy had for sale and I wanted as much as I could get and there are only four slots.

16 gigs so i can load textures to it with dolphin emulator and have it load super fast. Litterly only reason. Rams cheap tho so whatever.

64 GiB

take a guess why

16GB, mainly because when I was buying ram it was only marginally more expensive than getting 8 because the kit was on sale.

I'd be fine with 8, though

4gb. I feel weak.
But since I haven't gone over it, I guess it's personally not needed.

8gigs 'cuz I have to run IDE written in Java

>python-3.5

laughingbitches.tiff

If just vidya and basic use you shouldn't need an increase, however if you find a real good sale for another 8gigs around 50 or so it should be worth it.

The difference in size would be less noticeable than the use of quad channel for your games. Even then it's really not that much of a difference.

Expect an increase of around 0-5 FPS in games if you're getting around 100 already.

I've found my AMD CPUs got a larger increase form the transition from duo to quad channel than my Intel. No idea why.

12 GB, because that's the sweet spot.

8GB because my Macbook Pro 13.3" with Retina Display came with that amount :^)

And that's probably all you can get with that piece of crap.

16 GB. I browse, program and run a what's effectively a game at the same time.

None. I stopped using computers long ago.

16 GiB

sometimes when I encode multiple videos, it uses 12. Therefore I purchased slightly more than needed and have been comfy for 3 years.

6 - 1 GB

da fug

4GiB
>Why?
It's enough

What does finalizing a CAD mean, and why does hp build 1000$ CAD machines?

store.hp.com/us/en/ContentView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&eSpotName=Z2Mini

8GB, because it was cheaper than 6GB

10GB (2+2+2+4 because someone always asks) because a 4GB "performance" stick was on sale and I got it for a good deal a few years back. Future proofing and what not. Helped me a lot through the years. 8GB would have been fine, but the extra 2GB is nice to have just in case something goes down or I need it in an emergency as I don't use a page file and like to have 2GB of actual RAM to be safe.

This is what it's like at full possible usage. I even had to open a virtual machine because the usage was so low. This is as high as I can get it. It's MORE than enough for me.

Firefox being a disappointment as usual.

I assume you're on Linux.

This is normal usage.

Me too. Weird. Got a better deal going with a 4GB stick than I would have with a 2GB stick.

16 GIGGERINOS BABY

FOR ALL DESE VMs

Intel has huge amounts of cache on die, while AMD doesn't really. Bullsozer is like 8M l3, while only cheap Intel cpus have that little.

8 GB. Haven't needed more than that, so far.

I guess you just shitpost 24/7

just wait, everything will have electron and node.js in 3 years and you'll need 64gb

16GB on my desktop and laptop

16 GB because I swapped it from a computer at work

32GB 1800Mhz Kingston because I'm a gamer

16gig
Windows was terrible

8 GiB
it's enough to browse facebook and twitter

Hey reddit nice to see you

24 GB but only because the Mobo only supported 24.

When you buy used Xeons you can buy used exclusively ram, which is cheap as dirt. Less than a dollar a gig. I would have gotten 64 or 128.

Inb4 rage but I have over 12 gigs worth of chrome tabs open. I'd rather not flood my bookmarks.

No shit. That's what I meant. 4GB isn't a bottleneck for me and my computer. Anything less than that sucks though, especially with a bunch of tabs in Firefox. Going from 2 to 4GB made a huge diff.

Currently I have 8 GB of RAM.
I am looking forward for upgrading it to 16 GB.

16GB of DDR4
Upgrading to 32 soon
because I use modelling software and play MMOs

I have 2 but I am currently downloading more RAM

8GB.
I downloaded more, but it's not showing up.

Ya gotta compile it, ya dip.

16gb in 4 4gb sticks because ddr3 is cheap and filled RAM slots look sexy af in /guts/