2/3

3/3

probe cards always look neat

Dual PPro was a beast back in the day.

For what purpose?
Is this something from /csg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=cucLQF3TqOg

Sun/Fujitsu Sparc Enterprise M5000

One of the most beautiful server ever made.

Spoiler its actually an nvidia card made to look like an amd one.

>REALITY SYNTHESIZER
Well. The GPU wasn't half bad but the CPU blew everything else away for years to come.

Can Linux be installed on the super slim models these days?

Several companies pulled shenanigans like this in the 486 and Pentium eras. Cache RAM, which was on the motherboard at that time, was one of the most expensive parts of the board. So some folks (notably PC Chips) would install fake cache chips and modify the BIOS to say it had X amount of cache when it booted, even though it really had no cache. I believe there were also system builders that did this, they'd order a proper board with empty cache sockets, put in dummy chips and a modified BIOS, and sell the thing as if it had cache for an extra few hundred.

On a few of these boards you can actually look at the fake chips and see that the traces coming out of them don't go anywhere.

Is that a motherboard with a tube?

making glass cabinets look cool 50 years before lian-li

The fuck is this?

ahh, this fucking meme again

a working soundcard

snip snip

>that USB 3.0 type B port
Why though ?

this by far

is this diy? or just old?

diagnostics

titanium powerbook
old sun computers and technology
old sgi computers and technology
old ibm computers and technology
70s-early 2000s japanese technology in general

i miss weird design
everything looks the same today

lain isn't tech

>Intel PR440FX

Behold, and unto us Providence was delivered...

she is tech

ghetto soundblaster

I really badly want a screen like this I can drive. I'm quite happy with electronics and would love to build meters and displays based off the aesthetic.

I wish on new graphics cards you can upgrade the vRAM

Linux was pulled out and super slims are unhackable, so I don't think you can do it

Wtf is that thing I want one

You can emulate them with xterm apparently if that helps

I approve of this thread

love at first sight. had ethernet, sd-card, hdmi, vga and numpad keys. as an accounting student and studying in a shithole university where all projectors had vga only, I needed it to present my projects.

why AMD has an Nvidia VGA that stomp on a 1080? I don't understand

He even made a nixie one.

Thinkpad W701ds
Yes
The whole thing is a diy
mycpu.eu/

Titan?

great desing, shit laptop

You dont understand

looking at all this, I think pic related is the line where the actual board is, the rest being diagnostics and debugging of the card.

which makes it kinda look like a single 6-pin connector, but more likely two connectors, (6+4?)

What even happened to the plan9 meme?

not really, just non-IC

>forgot pic

shame you can't use it for much anymore

Thanks, ur a pretty cool guy

there will never be anything like it

MacBook Pro mobo
NO HOMO

that symmetry, that elegance, those clean and beautiful lines, that ONE STRAY FUCKING WIRE SOLDERED ON THERE LIKE A FUCKING AFTERTHOUGHT, WHOEVER THE FUCK DID THIS NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT, STRIPPED AND PUT ON THE STOCKS, HAVE THE POPULACE SHIT ON HIS FACE WHILE THEY TAKE A WOODEN SPLINTERING BASEBALL BAT WITH RUSTY NAILS STUDDED TO IT SHOVED UP HIS ASS WHILE THEY SOUND HIS PENIS WITH A FUCKING FUNNEL, HAVE BOILING WATER POURED DOWN HIS BACK WHILE THEY FLAY HIM FROM THE LEGS UPWARDS, THEN LEAVE HIM TO NEAR-DEATH BEFORE BEING DRAWN AND QUARTERED.

Gotta love that CPU socket alignment, though.

>creative
>not gravis
mediocre as fuck

that's a big board

>that ONE STRAY FUCKING WIRE SOLDERED ON THERE LIKE A FUCKING AFTERTHOUGHT
They were common on older high-end stuff, it was cheaper to fix the boards that way than to bin them.

> 5 years later

>CPU blew everything else away for years to come
reality check: the CPU was pretty much hot shit on rotten shit; it sucked at integer math and was below-par at floats compared to a cheap GPU, which was pretty much all they were really good for.

even for the time, there was really a very narrow use-case for its design, and those same use-cases could be done better by a GPU.

They couldn't even offload the majority of game engine workloads to those SPE's because of their limited scope and the awful performance that they had forced everyone to make everything stay in the general purpose core anyway.

the cells were shit, just a marketing gimmick.

>he doesn't know

it was modestly successful, not denying that, but it was an overhyped and underdelivering piece of shit in hindsight.

most of the best looking PS3 titles weren't even that way "because" of the cell, it was despite it.

really, it was that GPU that did all the heavy-lifting and was quite remarkable that it did it despite (or because of) its fixed-function pipeline.

upgrading RAM on Rage Pro did fuck all though

>yuropoor
GTFO

VRAM is only really needed when you want to use higher resolutions, you won't get better performance in games.